nerdmann
8 years ago

Not too angry about the loss, just the way we went about losing it: the tipped TD pass with the officials missing the illegal block from the Cardinals* and the D not covering Fitzgerald at all on his big play to start OT.

*If they're not gonna call it, maybe that's what we should have done to get guys open this year. After all, our WRs aren't afraid to block.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Agreed, I don't mind losing at all, if we are the inferior team.

We were not. 👎
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
all_about_da_packers
8 years ago

The same people who are mad are the ones who predicted the Pack would get blown out. It was everything an NFL fan could want in a game. The Pack dug deep and played way above the expectations of most. We got beat in overtime by a first ballot hall of famer. Shit happens. I'm not any less of a Packer fan because I choose to stay positive.

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

Very well said.

I'm excited to see how the Packers improve from this loss. A great experience for our young players.

Looking at how the Panthers are blowing out the Seahawks, 31-0 in the 2nd quarter, you have to appreciate the attitude of our players and coaches for persevering in the face of injury after injury.

The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
pacmaniac
8 years ago
I had guests who came over during the game, but not primarily to watch the game. But I still had the game on and saw everything that happened, but I wasn't able to dwell on the loss as I would have if I was watching it alone. So I'm not as angry as I might have been.

But I think it's a damn shame that we had our own version of 4th-and-26 with the 61 yard bomb on 4th-and-20, and then the hail mary, and both will be forgotten since we lost. If we had won, the hail mary would be considered the greatest play in the history of the NFL, and one of the greatest in all of sports history. But now it's just a meaningless play.

blank
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I had guests who came over during the game, but not primarily to watch the game. But I still had the game on and saw everything that happened, but I wasn't able to dwell on the loss as I would have if I was watching it alone. So I'm not as angry as I might have been.

But I think it's a damn shame that we had our own version of 4th-and-26 with the 61 yard bomb on 4th-and-20, and then the hail mary, and both will be forgotten since we lost. If we had won, the hail mary would be considered the greatest play in the history of the NFL, and one of the greatest in all of sports history. But now it's just a meaningless play.

Originally Posted by: pacmaniac 

You just summed up exactly how I feel about winning divisions and making the playoffs when we don't go on to win the SB. Thank you.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Cheesey
8 years ago
Uffda.....would it be better in your view if we didn't make the playoffs then?
Making the playoffs gives us a CHANCE to make it all the way.
There were 20 teams that didn't even get that far.
Do I want the Packers to win the SB every year? Of COURSE I do! But it's not realistic.
I'm just as disappointed as you are that they didn't make it.
But I guess I see it different.
\I see it as my team, which was VERY depleted because of injury, trying their best to pull off a upset. You can bet that every player on the Packers is more upset then even you are that they didn't make it. They are the ones that busted their collective butts trying to do so.
Think it doesn't hurt THEM? I bet it's STILL tearing at them.
All they worked for, blown to bits by one busted play in overtime.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
8 years ago

According to the Journal Sentinel, it was Peppers that was out of position and left Fitz open.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

This was actually incorrect. Dom Capers came out with this information. Had Randall followed through with his assignment, Larry would have been covered and Daniels most likely would have gotten to Carson.

I am not upset with the loss. I was disappointed but this seemed like an easier loss to get over than those in the past. This team battled with 4th and 5th string wide receivers that have seen MINIMAL playing time. The defense was playing outstanding football and made David Johnson irrelevant. For awhile they had taken away everything the Cardinals were trying to do when they were in man coverage (why they switched to zone, we will never know).

I think if it had been another player that made the overtime plays I would be a little more upset but something about Fitzgerald rising up made it easier to accept. Personally, I hope the Cardinals are able to win the guy a ring.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Uffda.....would it be better in your view if we didn't make the playoffs then?
Making the playoffs gives us a CHANCE to make it all the way.
There were 20 teams that didn't even get that far.
Do I want the Packers to win the SB every year? Of COURSE I do! But it's not realistic.
I'm just as disappointed as you are that they didn't make it.
But I guess I see it different.
\I see it as my team, which was VERY depleted because of injury, trying their best to pull off a upset. You can bet that every player on the Packers is more upset then even you are that they didn't make it. They are the ones that busted their collective butts trying to do so.
Think it doesn't hurt THEM? I bet it's STILL tearing at them.
All they worked for, blown to bits by one busted play in overtime.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

To your first question... Yes. If we know they aren't going to win it, then, yes. I would prefer a higher draft pick to give us a better shot of winning it next season than to flame out in the current season. This team that lost this season had a hail mary's chance of winning a SB. Well, seeing we completed two of them it was actually less than a hail mary's chance. Basically, I could say Cleveland has a chance at winning the SB next season because they have same opportunity as the other 31 but is that a good chance? Did the Packers have a good chance this year or a Cleveland type chance?

I'm thrilled the team tried so hard yet failed. What is that worth when you turn your TV on Sunday and they aren't playing but Arizona is. The ideal that makes you feel good ain't going to warm you when you see Arizona and Carolina having that chance you love to actually realize their dream of a championship. If we hadn't made the playoffs I wouldn't feel much different than I do today. A team just not good enough to win it all. That is what you should be striving to be. We don't. We just wish and hope we win the division and rely on chance regardless of how good that chance actually is.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

This was not a "shit happens" moment. It's not that the ball just didn't bounce our way. What happened in this game is the same thing that happened last year against the SeaHawks.

And the same thing that this team does on a regular basis, to lose.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

You mean when Rollins had perfect coverage on the goal line deflected the pass and it ended up in the hands of another reciever for a Td was just another PACKER implosion?
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
8 years ago

You mean when Rollins had perfect coverage on the goal line deflected the pass and it ended up in the hands of another reciever for a Td was just another PACKER implosion?

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

That was pretty bad. I think I'm mainly disappointed in the offense in the 4th quarter. Mike McCarthy: playing to lose.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
8 years ago

To your first question... Yes. If we know they aren't going to win it, then, yes. I would prefer a higher draft pick to give us a better shot of winning it next season than to flame out in the current season. This team that lost this season had a hail mary's chance of winning a SB. Well, seeing we completed two of them it was actually less than a hail mary's chance. Basically, I could say Cleveland has a chance at winning the SB next season because they have same opportunity as the other 31 but is that a good chance? Did the Packers have a good chance this year or a Cleveland type chance?

I'm thrilled the team tried so hard yet failed. What is that worth when you turn your TV on Sunday and they aren't playing but Arizona is. The ideal that makes you feel good ain't going to warm you when you see Arizona and Carolina having that chance you love to actually realize their dream of a championship. If we hadn't made the playoffs I wouldn't feel much different than I do today. A team just not good enough to win it all. That is what you should be striving to be. We don't. We just wish and hope we win the division and rely on chance regardless of how good that chance actually is.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Wow.......here's another question......how many teams that have had a higher draft pick then the Packers win the Super Bowl the next year?
Fact is, a higher draft pick is no guarentee of anything good. Go through the first 20 draft picks every year for say the last 10 years and see how many of them turned out to be such great players that they instantly turned their teams into Super Bowl winners.
So to tank a season to get a higher draft pick makes no sense at all.
At least that's how I see it, after looking at the facts.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.