uffda udfa
8 years ago

Man I took a few days off as I often do, but I regret missing this explosion of crazy. It took me half an hour just to skim the six pages of hot mess. Biggest take away was the powerball comparison. I regularly buy one ticket when the jackpot gets high, and when it topped a billion I even bought two. When I inevitably don't win, I obviously don't feel satisfaction, but I am not dissatisfied. I bought the ticket for the what if, the fantasy. You bought the ticket with the expectation to win. One of us may be a frivolous dreamer, but the other is a straight up fool.

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

Not sure how to reply to the "voice of reason". You experienced no dissatisfaction in spending your money on something and realizing you didn't win anything? If ones a fool in the above example I'd say one is a liar in this one.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

I like that quote. Ironically, I came across it yesterday, again, and now here it is, again.

My line of thinking is not irrational save but to your way of thinking. I understand why it would be irrational to you. You are irrational to me.

You are a Packers fan for a reason. If you really just get enjoyment out of watching any old team then you wouldn't care to spend any time here. Why do it? There is no reason to value the Packers experience over any other. Ah, but you do value the Packers experience more...WHY? There is a scoreboard during a game because winning or losing DOES matter. Your postings imply that nothing matters it's just all feel good everyone wins a prize and is better for watching.

There are plenty of things I've done where I didn't win and enjoyed them because I knew I gave every single thing I had. Losing absolutely sucked but I knew I did my part to win and sometimes someone else is just better. That knowledge should drive you to be better, or you could just accept it and never try to get better...that is what your kind of thinking produces in my view.

This Packers team should be totally sold out to come back and win the SB next season with the mentality of the Apollo mission...FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION. It has been an all too easy option for the org and many of it's fans for far too long.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

The problem with your line of thinking is you apparently don't comprehend that it is no a all or nothing senario. No team can go All In all the time when actions of one year impact the next. If you push in all your chips and lose the hand, you cannot go all in the next hand because you already lost.

People can gain satisfaction and still hope for improvement. One can be satisfied and still desire more.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
voiceofreason
8 years ago

Not sure how to reply to the "voice of reason". You experienced no dissatisfaction in spending your money on something and realizing you didn't win anything? If ones a fool in the above example I'd say one is a liar in this one.

How could you reply? Witch is more " voice of reason"able? Me, investing 2 dollars towards a billion dollar payout and not being publicly upset when it fails? Or you, a truly educated person openly expecting the near impossible and then loudly complaining when it fails? You type long posts. Tighten it up.

blank
uffda udfa
8 years ago

The problem with your line of thinking is you apparently don't comprehend that it is no a all or nothing senario. No team can go All In all the time when actions of one year impact the next. If you push in all your chips and lose the hand, you cannot go all in the next hand because you already lost.

People can gain satisfaction and still hope for improvement. One can be satisfied and still desire more.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

There is no problem with my line of reasoning. I get that what you do this year impacts the next. Can you answer the simple question, though? Do the Green Bay Packers go all out to win the SB? Did they this year? A simple yes or no would suffice. Green Bay's aim is exactly the aim that most sycophantic fans rally around. You all know the goal is long term competitiveness not winning SB's. Knowing that you know that you've adopted that as a right way of thinking because that's the hand you're dealt as a Packers fan. I'm saying I reject that kind of thinking. I'll take another 3-13 or 6-10 if it's on the road to another SB win. I honestly believe most of you would enjoy 10 more years of division titles and playoff exits. We don't see eye to eye on that.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

There is no problem with my line of reasoning. I get that what you do this year impacts the next. Can you answer the simple question, though? Do the Green Bay Packers go all out to win the SB? Did they this year? A simple yes or no would suffice. Green Bay's aim is exactly the aim that most sycophantic fans rally around. You all know the goal is long term competitiveness not winning SB's. Knowing that you know that you've adopted that as a right way of thinking because that's the hand you're dealt as a Packers fan. I'm saying I reject that kind of thinking. I'll take another 3-13 or 6-10 if it's on the road to another SB win. I honestly believe most of you would enjoy 10 more years of division titles and playoff exits. We don't see eye to eye on that.

Did they, I do know, none of us will ever know. We can say, they should have signed a FA, but who and was it even possible. Many of us said they should have gone after Vernon Davis this season. But word comes out that SF wasn't going to deal him to any team in the NFC so that doesn't seem like it was an option. Many wanted them to go after Lynch a few years ago, and it turns out they tried.

Some say we always have cap space left over that we should have spent, but then like this year, that cap space is used to sign a player like Daniels where had we spent it on a FA or last year, we wouldn't have had that option this year and would have another FA and less money to sign them this offseason.

We can all talk like we know what we are talking about, but reality is we don't. Why wasn't Janis played more. All we can do is speculate, "he wasn't ready" "other players were better prepared" "he had a beef with Rodgers or McCarthy". but none of that speculation is factual it is just opinion.

You can spend your time being upset over something you have no idea of knowing, and no control over. I prefer to enjoy the games. I can still talk out my ass like I know more than I do, but in the end. The reason for watching is entertainment and if you are not enjoying the games, why watch.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Did they, I do know, none of us will ever know. We can say, they should have signed a FA, but who and was it even possible. Many of us said they should have gone after Vernon Davis this season. But word comes out that SF wasn't going to deal him to any team in the NFC so that doesn't seem like it was an option. Many wanted them to go after Lynch a few years ago, and it turns out they tried.

Some say we always have cap space left over that we should have spent, but then like this year, that cap space is used to sign a player like Daniels where had we spent it on a FA or last year, we wouldn't have had that option this year and would have another FA and less money to sign them this offseason.

We can all talk like we know what we are talking about, but reality is we don't. Why wasn't Janis played more. All we can do is speculate, "he wasn't ready" "other players were better prepared" "he had a beef with Rodgers or McCarthy". but none of that speculation is factual it is just opinion.

You can spend your time being upset over something you have no idea of knowing, and no control over. I prefer to enjoy the games. I can still talk out my ass like I know more than I do, but in the end. The reason for watching is entertainment and if you are not enjoying the games, why watch.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Why watch? Simple...you watch in hopes of seeing a championship team. No other reason. For me, the offseason and draft is as fun as the regular season. What we do before the start of regular season has a lot to do with the realistic chance we have of actually winning it all. I find this time of year extremely entertaining but it sucks to be a fan of this team because we don't do all that much besides what everyone else does with the draft.

Doesn't matter about why Janis didn't play...what we do KNOW is that when he finally got opportunity he delivered. You're free to question the idea that he wouldn't have delivered in the regular season with the same opportunity that he didn't get but I think that's wrong thinking. He should've been playing and I couldn't care less why he wasn't. Whatever that reasoning was it was wrong. Nobody can tell me why Davante played over Janis or James for that matter. Two scrubs taking away time from an electric kid like Janis. Makes no sense given the horror show our offense was this season.

UserPostedImage

PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

Why watch? Simple...you watch in hopes of seeing a championship team. No other reason. For me, the offseason and draft is as fun as the regular season. What we do before the start of regular season has a lot to do with the realistic chance we have of actually winning it all. I find this time of year extremely entertaining but it sucks to be a fan of this team because we don't do all that much besides what everyone else does with the draft.

Doesn't matter about why Janis didn't play...what we do KNOW is that when he finally got opportunity he delivered. You're free to question the idea that he wouldn't have delivered in the regular season with the same opportunity that he didn't get but I think that's wrong thinking. He should've been playing and I couldn't care less why he wasn't. Whatever that reasoning was it was wrong. Nobody can tell me why Davante played over Janis or James for that matter. Two scrubs taking away time from an electric kid like Janis. Makes no sense given the horror show our offense was this season.

Fact of the matter is Janis was playing. He had over 3x the offensive snaps as Abby.

And you are right, nobody can tell you why Adams was playing over Janis. Because you will not believe them when they do. They can tell you he wasn't ready. And you will fall back on, well look what happened in this one game and your delusion that Janis is more than he actually is at this point in his career. Look back, Boykin looked good in spot usage two years ago, Adams did last year. Fact of the matter is Janis was an extremely green athletic WR flier with some very good potential upside. Until he proves himself week in and week out, he will be a return man with spot receiving duties.
DakotaT
8 years ago
What the hell good does it do to be on the field for plays and the quarterback not throw you the ball. The fact of the matter with Janis is that it is fairly obvious that Rodgers didn't trust him enough to throw him the ball. Saturday night, he didn't have a choice. As talented as Rodgers is, he's kind of a petulant child at times.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

What the hell good does it do to be on the field for plays and the quarterback not throw you the ball. The fact of the matter with Janis is that it is fairly obvious that Rodgers didn't trust him enough to throw him the ball. Saturday night, he didn't have a choice. As talented as Rodgers is, he's kind of a petulant child at times.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Who would you throw to. Somebody open you trust or somebody you don't trust?
steveishere
8 years ago

Long term competitiveness IS an avenue toward winning superbowls. It may not be one you like but championships are still the goal. Would you take a 3-13 or 6-10 if it was on the road to a playoff exit even though they went "all in"? That's still the most likely scenario, you don't get to just guarantee a championship then say well now I'm ok with crap for a couple seasons while the team digs itself out of this hole.