musccy
8 years ago
He is nowhere close to burfict.

I've seen him yell at Linsley, throw his tablets too, and a contrived connection of some dots, I wonder if he was the reason Janis wasn't seeing as much playing time. I want to stress I'm not kissing his butt...I'm just taking more of the middle road.

Brady yells at teammates too, guys hit water coolers. We don't know what he's like in meeting rooms and practice.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

He is nowhere close to burfict.

I've seen him yell at Linsley, throw his tablets too, and a contrived connection of some dots, I wonder if he was the reason Janis wasn't seeing as much playing time. I want to stress I'm not kissing his butt...I'm just taking more of the middle road.

Brady yells at teammates too, guys hit water coolers. We don't know what he's like in meeting rooms and practice.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

None of that other stuff has a thing to do with how he acted ON THE FIELD...IE: In between 1st and 2nd down and 2nd and 3rd down. His public display of negativity was indefensible. Honestly, would you want to play for a guy like that who was constantly calling you out, rolling his eyes, hand motioning, and acting like a prick every single play mumbling under his breath?

Again, we're at a place of avoidance of what we're discussing. It's about his lack of professionalism on the field. Not what he was doing on the sideline, in meetings, in locker room, etc.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

musccy
8 years ago
I'm not avoiding what we're talking about. I'm saying see the bigger picture. We see 3 hours and a couple of minutes of press conferences to draw our conclusions from.

Mike said Aaron had as much adversity this year since 2008. To me that makes it clear that the wrs/TEs weren't doing their jobs this year on the field or during the week. Cobb is a rich vet right now and had a pretty shitty season. Davante and Janis' issues have been well documented. There are reasons for Aaron Rodgers to be pissed off, and I don't entirely fault him for demonstrating that on the field. We all want accountability, and to an extent, it's an expression of Aaron demanding that of his wrs/te.

Again, not excusing him. I think his Linsley blow ups have been over the top, he had a pretty shitty year himself, and it was clear his body language improved in the playoffs. I'm just taking a little more of the middle road on this because I feel his frustrations had been warranted.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I'm not avoiding what we're talking about. I'm saying see the bigger picture. We see 3 hours and a couple of minutes of press conferences to draw our conclusions from.

Mike said Aaron had as much adversity this year since 2008. To me that makes it clear that the wrs/TEs weren't doing their jobs this year on the field or during the week. Cobb is a rich vet right now and had a pretty shitty season. Davante and Janis' issues have been well documented. There are reasons for Aaron Rodgers to be pissed off, and I don't entirely fault him for demonstrating that on the field. We all want accountability, and to an extent, it's an expression of Aaron demanding that of his wrs/te.

Again, not excusing him. I think his Linsley blow ups have been over the top, he had a pretty shitty year himself, and it was clear his body language improved in the playoffs. I'm just taking a little more of the middle road on this because I feel his frustrations had been warranted.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

There is no larger picture regarding the point I'm making. His on field behavior is either acceptable or not. I'm making the point that it is squarely in the not category. The other stuff that you call big picture has nothing to do with that.

I understand why he would be upset...I would be upset also and was watching what I watched. I didn't get all huffy here on my couch or throw things around or mumble expletives or any of that stuff. He is the face of our franchise and like it or not is held to a higher standard. What he did this season goes against all we thought we knew about him. He proved some of that stuff on Twitter that Finley's agent alleged that he was no leader. He sure didn't look like one to me...on the field. May have been the world's greatest in the big picture of things but on the field he wasn't. He should've been. Criminy, even the jock carrying Jason J Wilde asked his old radio partner about controlling his bad body language. If someone as sycophantic as Wilde is actually asking that question then you can bet there's beyond incredible levels of reasoning to do so.

EDIT: I went back and pulled up a quick Wilde tweet. Who loves and defends Aaron more than Wilde?

...and then Wilde actually asks him about controlling his body language.

Just listen to Wilde go off on the subject. Wilde is very down on him for his PATHETIC behavior. Why would anyone here defend him? Listen to it! It's really short and very pointed. Not the kind of thing you hear in Green Bay very often.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14205399 
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
8 years ago
Here's what I'm referring to from Wilde... and look at the effect being a real pro has on the team. What he did this year is beyond inexcusable as a professional.

From Wilde on ESPN.com

During the week leading up to the game, Rodgers had acknowledged that his body language had not always been good as the Packers followed their 6-0 start with a 4-6 finish. He had vowed to be more positive both in the days leading up to the game and during it.

On Sunday, he delivered on his promise.

“We feed off that,” veteran right guard T.J. Lang said. “When he’s at his best, everybody seems to follow suit and play their best. He’s our leader. The team goes as he goes. To see the urgency that he had and the confidence that he had making some great throws, that’s the Aaron we’re used to. And that’s the guy we’re going to need going forward. He knows that. He really gives a big boost to the whole team.”
UserPostedImage

PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

You're joking, right? His on the field body language was the poorest I've seen from ANY NFL player and I've been watching NFL football since my earliest memories. Heck, I can't think of a player on any level of football with worse body language than Aaron had this season. The eye rolls the disgusted looks ...the hand gestures, the self mumbling. Detestable behavior for any player much less the leader and reigning MVP.

Oh, and I was thinking the D word not P word.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You are extremely exaggerating. I've seen the same body language from Favre, Brady, Manning, Montana, Young, Elway and pretty much every HOF QB I've had he pleasure of watching when they are having a bad year and things are not going as they would like.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
uffda udfa
8 years ago

You are extremely exaggerating. I've seen the same body language from Favre, Brady, Manning, Montana, Young, Elway and pretty much every HOF QB I've had he pleasure of watching when they are having a bad year and things are not going as they would like.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

If anything I'm underselling it. Did you listen to that jock sniffer Wilde even hammer him for it? Did you? Wilde is president of the Aaron Rodgers fan club but even he acknowledges truth when he sees it. You seem to be enabling and excusing it. It would be like Vic Ketchman saying a negative word about the franchise. It just doesn't happen. For Wilde to make such an issue out of it tells you what a big issue it actually is but here you are saying I'm exaggerating. No.

UserPostedImage

musccy
8 years ago
First, from Ask Vic this morning, in response to Lacy's stomach..
"He needs to break the line of scrimmage more often, and that’s where quickness and being lighter on his feet are the issues."

In response to the offense...
"Nelson is the big receiver the Packers didn’t have in 2015 and spent all season trying to find. Defenses easily identified the absence and then loaded up against the run. It was a domino effect that caused the offense to struggle all season."

I could keep going, just a side note because I'm a fan of his and disagree that he's not critical of the organization. He just can't say things as overtly as other reporters can. That's tangential to this topic, though.

Anyway, as for Wilde, I know you don't mean it this way but just because one homer is critical doesn't necessarily prove your point. PFWT mentioned others having bad body language, I don't think many are disagreeing that Aaron was pouty, and probably excessively so. I just don't think it was quite as damning as you're making it out to be.
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

If anything I'm underselling it. Did you listen to that jock sniffer Wilde even hammer him for it? Did you? Wilde is president of the Aaron Rodgers fan club but even he acknowledges truth when he sees it. You seem to be enabling and excusing it. It would be like Vic Ketchman saying a negative word about the franchise. It just doesn't happen. For Wilde to make such an issue out of it tells you what a big issue it actually is but here you are saying I'm exaggerating. No.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Not close to underselling it. Yes his body language was poor this year. As is normal for a HOF qb when having a crappy season. Heck it is normal for any person when things are not going good. Players do it, coaches do it, regular people do it. Its called frustration.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Rodgers missed on some throws he usually makes this year. Hopefully he's back to his amazing self next year. We're spoiled.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (16h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (18h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.