Zero2Cool
8 years ago
There's a lot more that goes into it than the statistics. If you know the game well enough you can see Aaron Rodgers had some really remarkable moments and of course he did miss a few throws. This isn't Madden with Game Genie cheats, missed throws are kind of expected. Unfortunately, he's played so well that now when he misses throws people ignorantly want him shuttled out of town. Watch any number of other quarterbacks and you'll realize how stupid you look. Or buy yourself the All-22 tapes and learn a thing or two.

Other than that, I think Mike Freeman is an asshole who likes and seeks attention.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

There's a lot more that goes into it than the statistics. If you know the game well enough you can see Aaron Rodgers had some really remarkable moments and of course he did miss a few throws. This isn't Madden with Game Genie cheats, missed throws are kind of expected. Unfortunately, he's played so well that now when he misses throws people ignorantly want him shuttled out of town. Watch any number of other quarterbacks and you'll realize how stupid you look. Or buy yourself the All-22 tapes and learn a thing or two.

Other than that, I think Mike Freeman is an asshole who likes and seeks attention.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'd forgotten Mike Freeman wrote for BR. MF is legit. His piece isn't on Rodgers but he once was one of the top writers out there...now, he's at BR.

His game vs. Arizona wasn't anything to get fired up about. 13 points until the wing and a prayer is hardly great QB'ing by any measure.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Misses "a few throws?" What the hell game are you watching?

Your bias is interfering with your ability to count.

Simile:
In any one Presidential debate 95% of Dems say their guy won and 95% of Republicans say the same; how could this be? It's by the way they keep score. When the Democratic candidate makes a good point the Dem scores it 1-0; when the Republican makes a good point it is mentally dismissed, the score remains 1-0. And Repubs do the same. At the end of the night, of course, your guy will win!

Now, go get a pencil and paper; watch each play; and WRITE down what you actually see making no value judgements. Before crying about: oh the plays are obvious boo-hoo; our top 4 WRs were out wahhhh; Rich Rodgers sucks sniffle; the OL blows moaning; watch the GAME and evaluate why each play failed. Watch the 3 long drives; then watch the last three drives for 11 yards and 1 1st and then WRITE DOWN: which plays were called; which WR, which TE, which RB, which QB is playing differently; or did the D suddenly play better.

Then watch a game from 2014. Write down: how Aaron Rodgers handle the blitz; how many times he throws when his feet are not set properly [Don't watch weeks 1-3 on this, it looks just like 2015]; write down how many times he failed to go through his progressions.

According your stat God: PFF. In 2014 Aaron Rodgers was credited with 8 QB pressures by holding the ball too long; They credited him with 8 in the Minn. game alone. This stat alone should tell you something is very very very different about AR.

I'll bet if you comb through all my threads I have pointed out 100-150 specific FACTS that show there is something really really wrong with AR. Okay maybe my solutions: benching him, shipping him to Cleveland for McCown or therapy; might be just a bit over the top😂.
See, with Jordy for example, didn't do NOTHING this year; but dont need to bench or trade him because the solution to Jordy's problems will be fixed by Dr. Mckenzie. Do you think Rodgers will just rebound on his own? Do you think Eddy Lacy, instead of grabbing a plate at the China buffet; will, on his own, stop pulling out 8-9 of the large stainless trays from the Buffet table, set them on his table that seats 8 and devour them for lunch [Lacy even uses the large serving spoons from the stainless trays to shovel it in]? Rodgers is aging and he's physically declining and the greats compensate by becoming more mentally sharp. And what physical skills he still has, that 60 yard throw to Janis was unpissingly believable, actually if any other QB makes that throw, its pure luck, with Aaron Rodgers he'd have done it 19 of 20 times, WHEN HIS MIND IS RIGHT. But it is parts of Rodgers' mental game that have gone largely or completely to hell.

Now if you dont believe it, fine; or refuse to see it, fine; as you are obviously unable to defend your position with FACTS and cogent argument. But why insult and dishonestly misrepresent someone's position? Leave that to others, who like to do that.

No one has advocated that Aaron Rodgers be shipped out because he "missed a few throws."
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Misses "a few throws?" What the hell game are you watching?

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

... annnnnnnnnnnnnnd more condescending remarks from you ... and it bores me.

UserPostedImage
sschind
8 years ago

I'll bet if you comb through all my threads I have pointed out 100-150 specific FACTS that show there is something really really wrong with AR.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

All your threads? I bet you could find that many "facts" in less than a dozen of them.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.