longtimefan
15 years ago

14-3 last year Cheesey is proof enough for me.

I think some people are in denial about that.

4-12 is just a ridiculous statement because Tedrow was signing WR's off the street. This is basically the same team as last year!

"Gravedigga" wrote:

I want this out the way right now b4 I am lied about or labeled something..

Brett Favre should be the q/b in GB, it was a mess, and I think for the most part for THIS YEAR he would have given us a better chance..

Now............

This is the same team as last year? REALLY????????

This year D is giving up about 21 points per game..

Last year after 10 games... 16 points per game..

Rushing per game this year? 150 per GAME

Last year? 90 per game..

Yeah same team my ass..

2nd points

I think there were at LEAST 2 games last year that if it werent for the D, the pack end up at 11-5 for season..

Now move ahead to this year..We have the Minny game and the Titan game..

The D did not step up in those 2 games..If they stepped up for those 2 this year, like they did for the 2 last year, this team would be 7-3

Lets use your logic Rod..

Brett Favre made the team 14-4 ( you forgot the loss in the NFCCG)

Well, if Brett Favre got them all those wins, then he sure got them all the losses too?? If you say no, then you understand its a team sport..and can't pin everything on one player

The last loss vs the Giants was cuz of an int, Al Harris blowing like a leaf, the o-l sucking like the corner girl...See how the entire team had a part? The TEAM ended up losing that game

That is the one issue I have with the Brett Favre "fisters" they give him all the credit for the wins, but the losses, nope someone elses problem..

Then when it Aaron Rodgers we are talking about its his fault for all the losses, no one esles problems

"longtimefan" wrote:

Thats what happens when your offense is one sided. More 3 & outs, more snaps by the defense = more tired defenders, more blown assignments and more defensive injuries, less respeck for the run game, less of an ability to mask the O-lines weakness. When you cant convert key 3rd downs consistently, this is what happens. You go from a 13-3 team to a decent team that might finish 8-8.

Yes, Aaron makes some plays but he is not consistent and too young to be leaned on. They will win or lose more as a team this year than last year. That consistency Favre gave us is the glue that held the team together last year making us elite instead of just average.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

okay I am going to TRUST that your right on the 3 and outs..

Only until I can verify those myself..

I posted facts and numbers.,..

Now can you provide EVERYONE with same facts to back up your claims?

"longtimefan" wrote:

Facts and numbers..........man, thats time consuming. Plus, if you give me enough time, i will figure out a way at making the nubmers support my argument even if they dont :physassult:

"Roddyboy" wrote:

ROFLLLLLL

:cyclopsani:

Well , Aaron Rodgers leds league in td thrown on 3rd down ...10 to 3 int

BF? 3 tds to 6 ints

Kurt W 4 to 1

Phlip Rivers 9 to 3

P Manning 6 to 4

E Manning 5 to 1
longtimefan
15 years ago
okay found something

GB 3rd % is 41.9...good for 13th in the league

this year 3 D % 

Ahhh but you want to know last years?>?

last year 3 D % 

YES 7 tenths of a % point better LAST year to this year for 3rd down conversion

So still want to stick with this year lot more 3 and outs or got something else?
RedSoxExcel
15 years ago

Roddyboy, nobody's denying how well Favre played last year. My worries arose from the second Bears game, and the Giants game. when the weather was gross, so was Favre's performance.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

How come everyone ignores the Seahawks game? We were down 14-0 after like 5 minutes and then Favre and the Offense scored TD's I think on 6 straight drives.
blank
Roddyboy
15 years ago
Because it doesn't fit the talking point (argument)... :profileright:
blank
dingus
15 years ago
Because it was neither as cold or windy as the games he mentioned.
blank
Roddyboy
15 years ago
Now, it was just a snow-storm out with snow sticking to the ground and the ball and everything...

Tell me Dingus, or anyone, who on the Packers roster played well in the Chicago or Giants game on those days?

I'd love to hear an answer to that question....
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

Now, it was just a snow-storm out with snow sticking to the ground and the ball and everything...

Tell me Dingus, or anyone, who on the Packers roster played well in the Chicago or Giants game on those days?

I'd love to hear an answer to that question....

"Roddyboy" wrote:

Grant did in Chicago, just couldnt get the ball much being down as much as they were..

Giants game? LOL DD had one reall outstanding play..But other then that maybe Crosby, he hit 2 big FG
longtimefan
15 years ago

okay found something

GB 3rd % is 41.9...good for 13th in the league

this year 3 D % 

Ahhh but you want to know last years?>?

last year 3 D % 

YES 7 tenths of a % point better LAST year to this year for 3rd down conversion

So still want to stick with this year lot more 3 and outs or got something else?

"longtimefan" wrote:

Grav?

Grav??

Bueller??

Bueller?
dingus
15 years ago
The team played well enough to get to OT in the NFCCG (thank god he missed in regulation) and had the ball with a chance to score in said OT.
blank
Roddyboy
15 years ago
Favre was the reason they got into overtime, Dingus...

If the rest of the team was playing, it never would have gone to OT...(like if Ruvell Martin could catch the damn ball), but I guess that's conveniently forgotten...

:roll:
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.