3 1 and done

Holmgren 7 years

75-37 regular season
9-5 post season
5 consecutive seasons with playoff win
3 straight NFC championship games
2 Super Bowls
1 non playoff season 9-7 2nd in north

But your right they only have 1 each, but I felt alot better about the Homgren teams than the Mike McCarthy teams. Wolf would go out and find those guys to help out, the Keith Jacksons and Andre "Bad Moon" Rison. They weren't big names but guys that filled voids for us. Desmond Howard for cripes sake to fill in a return role. You do not see that from Mike McCarthy and TT.

Everyone is thinking we should be so great next year with the easy schedule on paper, but i wouldn't bank on it. This team is in turmoil and it can't be fixed until new people are brought in. You can't have guys coming in overweight and nothing said of it. You can't have your QB calling out everyone because he is not playing well. You have people complaining the young guys aren't studying which means we have no leadership. And that all starts at the top with TT.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

HOlmgren didn't take his foot off the pedal and let inferior teams hang around.

He shit himself in that 2nd SB, but his offense was alot more disciplined and efficient. imo

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

You post this without comment? Mike McCarthy is not frustrated, he is fed up with Ted Thompson not giving him veterans. I'm fed up with himfor not get his team game ready, fed up with him calling out the GM and Lacy in the open.......
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Why not include he's never beat the Bengals while we're at disclosing meaningless "facts" out of context.

Ron Wolf? What Free Agent did he land that others sought after? Reggie White, that was it. Keith Jackson? Andre Rison? Cute how we remember the fill-in guys from the 90's but completely ignore players like Howard Green, James Jones, Charles Woodson, Julius Peppers, Ryan Pickett.

What if Ron Wolf said he would conduct business exactly like Ted Thompson? Would you still slurp the dingleberries off his ass? Oops, I did it again. Damn objectivity!!!

Mike McCarthy is a good coach. Even though the roster turns over quite a bit, I think somehow his "message" has fallen on deaf ears. I have to wait to see what he does with his coaching staff. He tried something crazy and it appears to have flopped. Example, if he splits QB and WR to individual coaches, that would be a good move in my eyes.

If he stays, I'm down. If he goes, I'm down. I trust the staff of PAID EXPERT PROFESSIONALS over me on this here. When they give me an All-22 of the behind the scenes stuff, I'll have more of an educated opinion.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
8 years ago
The last several weeks we have heard constant complaints of how "we should do it like the New England Patriots".....where are those complainers NOW???
Oh yeah.....they are still here, but choose to forget how they kept saying how great the Patriots are, and how much the Packers suck.
Guess who will be watching the Super Bowl on TV, just like the Packers will?
Yup....the "almighty Patriots".

The Patriots made it one step farther then the Packers did, but they STILL are "losers", right???
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
8 years ago
d I applaud your post. I didn't take sides in mine because I was just interested in comments. Wolf's regime was much stronger IMO also. But he did have the advantage of building the team without a salary cap for most of his time. He also made the wrong moves forcing Sean Jones into retirement, and not signing Andrea Rison and/or Desmond Howard. We should have probably won 2-3 more SBs while we had Favre and the same thing is happening with Rodgers, I'm sorry to say.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
nerdmann
8 years ago

Why not include he's never beat the Bengals while we're at disclosing meaningless "facts" out of context.

Ron Wolf? What Free Agent did he land that others sought after? Reggie White, that was it. Keith Jackson? Andre Rison? Cute how we remember the fill-in guys from the 90's but completely ignore players like Howard Green, James Jones, Charles Woodson, Julius Peppers, Ryan Pickett.

What if Ron Wolf said he would conduct business exactly like Ted Thompson? Would you still slurp the dingleberries off his ass? Oops, I did it again. Damn objectivity!!!

Mike McCarthy is a good coach. Even though the roster turns over quite a bit, I think somehow his "message" has fallen on deaf ears. I have to wait to see what he does with his coaching staff. He tried something crazy and it appears to have flopped. Example, if he splits QB and WR to individual coaches, that would be a good move in my eyes.

If he stays, I'm down. If he goes, I'm down. I trust the staff of PAID EXPERT PROFESSIONALS over me on this here. When they give me an All-22 of the behind the scenes stuff, I'll have more of an educated opinion.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Wolf used to shit himself regularly in the first round of the draft. John Micheals and Jamal "too small" Reynolds are prime examples, just off the top of my head. He was great, but he had his limitations.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Kevin...you might want to go back over the SB years and recount the FA's...Dotson, Wilkerson, Sean Jones, Eugene Robinson, and on an on it goes. Ron maximized those pieces. Ironically, the one time Ted Thompson was there he added Woodson and Pickett Green and Walden but nobody wanted those guys...Peppers was a nice uncharacteristic move out of TT. I hoped for it on 68md's board and we got him. Not a huge fan of position switching him that late in his career but he was a nice pickup for us. Not enough to put us over the top with the best our D performing with him at 15th overall.

For those who want to quote coaching records...go throw up Mike Sherman's record and then explain it to me. Sherman was a beneficiary of Brett Favre. See: Mike McCarthy. Holmgren was a beneficiary of Favre, also. For crying out loud, ESPN.com has a piece up about how two old retreads in Kubiak and Phillips beat the "superior" Bill Belichick. How does that happen? Players. When we won in 1995...what did we have...PLAYERS. We got back the following year on the backs of PLAYERS. Our win in 2010 we had our fair share of PLAYERS also. We need PLAYERS to win in this league. We certainly don't have them right now. Our OL is miserable and if Aaron Rodgers isn't playing out of his mind with his proven to be less than impressive WR and TE corps we ain't going anywhere.

Porforis...I think it's wrong to levy blame on Mike McCarthy when it's Ted Thompson who chose to extend him when he could've just moved on and brought a new coach in. That singular move was hailed on this board and elsewhere. We retained a guy we hired who was coordinating the 32nd (DEAD LAST) ranked offense in the NFL. We now see what kind of offense Mike McCarthy is capable of without a QB playing out of his mind. NOT VERY GOOD.

John Fox took Denver and Carolina to the show...didn't get it done...now, he has both former teams in the Bowl. Do you think Broncos fans or Panthers fans lament "how good they used to have it" now? No. Neither would you if you would raise expectations and see that with a HOF QB you should be in more SB's than 1. Cam Newton and fossil Manning on the backs of two very good defenses are playing for the Lombardi. Their orgs gave their QB's a total team around them very very unlike what we have in Green Bay. How you don't see that is mystifying. I see and that's what I'm frustrated. Soon, Rodgers will be gone and the best we're going to experience is what we saw the last 5 years...this is the time to may hey but we aren't. Just slow and steady as she goes...all is well.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Draft and develop 4 lyfe
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
nerdmann
8 years ago

Kevin...you might want to go back over the SB years and recount the FA's...Dotson, Wilkerson, Sean Jones, Eugene Robinson, and on an on it goes. Ron maximized those pieces. Ironically, the one time Ted Thompson was there he added Woodson and Pickett Green and Walden but nobody wanted those guys...Peppers was a nice uncharacteristic move out of TT. I hoped for it on 68md's board and we got him. Not a huge fan of position switching him that late in his career but he was a nice pickup for us. Not enough to put us over the top with the best our D performing with him at 15th overall.

For those who want to quote coaching records...go throw up Mike Sherman's record and then explain it to me. Sherman was a beneficiary of Brett Favre. See: Mike McCarthy. Holmgren was a beneficiary of Favre, also. For crying out loud, ESPN.com has a piece up about how two old retreads in Kubiak and Phillips beat the "superior" Bill Belichick. How does that happen? Players. When we won in 1995...what did we have...PLAYERS. We got back the following year on the backs of PLAYERS. Our win in 2010 we had our fair share of PLAYERS also. We need PLAYERS to win in this league. We certainly don't have them right now. Our OL is miserable and if Aaron Rodgers isn't playing out of his mind with his proven to be less than impressive WR and TE corps we ain't going anywhere.

Porforis...I think it's wrong to levy blame on Mike McCarthy when it's Ted Thompson who chose to extend him when he could've just moved on and brought a new coach in. That singular move was hailed on this board and elsewhere. We retained a guy we hired who was coordinating the 32nd (DEAD LAST) ranked offense in the NFL. We now see what kind of offense Mike McCarthy is capable of without a QB playing out of his mind. NOT VERY GOOD.

John Fox took Denver and Carolina to the show...didn't get it done...now, he has both former teams in the Bowl. Do you think Broncos fans or Panthers fans lament "how good they used to have it" now? No. Neither would you if you would raise expectations and see that with a HOF QB you should be in more SB's than 1. Cam Newton and fossil Manning on the backs of two very good defenses are playing for the Lombardi. Their orgs gave their QB's a total team around them very very unlike what we have in Green Bay. How you don't see that is mystifying. I see and that's what I'm frustrated. Soon, Rodgers will be gone and the best we're going to experience is what we saw the last 5 years...this is the time to may hey but we aren't. Just slow and steady as she goes...all is well.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Woodson was a malcontent, but he wasn't completely unwanted. He was talented. To say that Pickett was unwanted is disingenuous.

This is why people hyena you.

Barfarn
8 years ago

Mike McCarthy is a good coach. Even though the roster turns over quite a bit, I think somehow his "message" has fallen on deaf ears.

"Slurp Dingleberries off his ass" okay that is effing funny😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

This was discussed last year. Wolf's teams were not affected by the cap until Favre renegotiated in 1998. Only Wolf's 98-2001 teams can be compared to TT's. Wolf was allowed to make personnel decisions based on football concerns not $$$ concerns before '98.

The cap started in '94. Each team started with zero dead cap and any bad contract could be terminated in 1993, w/o cap consequence.

Also if you signed guys before December 1993, their signing bonus did not count against the cap. Favre and White and others were signed in 1993 before December.

Wolf was able to put his team together and KEEP IT. Ted Thompson has to decide, which players he lets walk. And as Z2C said, Wolf described how he would handle full blown free agency in his book, it is mimics hat Ted Thompson is doing.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (49m) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (51m) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (1h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (1h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (17h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18m / Random Babble / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.