rabidgopher04
8 years ago
If McCarthy hasn't denied this then it is true.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

McGinn is paid by JSOnline to stir the pot and generate clicks...just like profootballtalk. Minimal substance, just shouting randomness louder than other people. The substance for this apparent feud is whispers from some unnamed source. For all we know it was the janitor overhearing a squabble between the two of them one day.

As you said, it's not that I can't see the weaknesses on the roster, but I also acknowledge the benefits of hindsight analysis that.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Think about what you said about Bob McSPINN (Barfarn's best ever)... So, are the other writers of JSO not under the same directive? It's pretty obvious that reading here, there, or any other Packers forum or blog, with the exception of Michael Rodney's glorious work, that koolaid is generating more clicks than anything else. DAVANTE ADAMS CONFIDENT DESPITE DISMAL SEASON. Oh, boy! Let's read this ear tickling piece that will convince me opposite of what I know to be true that he sucks. Please, someone tell me that he's really going to be good. Click, click, click... McGinn's articles aren't for the koolaiders ... look at the reaction here to his work. He's the finest most objective journalist at any major newspaper that covers the Packers/Green Bay scene. Always has been. Ask Rob Demovsky how well it goes over trying to be Bob McGinn?

Bob has been churning out excellent work for years based on his many contacts and access to sources other guys in Packers media could only dream of having access to. Your personal bias leads you to reject his work.

Oh, Bob isn't infallible...the cited piece about the roster being good enough to win without Aaron is a bad bad moment. However, that has to do strictly with OPINION. What analyst hasn't predicted something that looked stupid? Watch these game predictions of these great NFL players and coaches and you'll see how abysmal they are at accurately predicting anything. So, Bob has a wrong OPINION and that is used to invalidate his SOURCES? No. That makes no sense. You've read and loved his sources for years when it comes to our draft picks and players. Now, when he has sources that tell you something you don't enjoy you rip him and bring up an OPINION that he held that was proven false. Rich. It's unbelievable the real SPIN that goes on around here...it ain't from Bob.

Mirror Mirror on the wall...
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
8 years ago

Think about what you said about Bob McSPINN (Barfarn's best ever)... So, are the other writers of JSO not under the same directive? It's pretty obvious that reading here, there, or any other Packers forum or blog, with the exception of Michael Rodney's glorious work, that koolaid is generating more clicks than anything else. DAVANTE ADAMS CONFIDENT DESPITE DISMAL SEASON. Oh, boy! Let's read this ear tickling piece that will convince me opposite of what I know to be true that he sucks. Please, someone tell me that he's really going to be good. Click, click, click... McGinn's articles aren't for the koolaiders ... look at the reaction here to his work. He's the finest most objective journalist at any major newspaper that covers the Packers/Green Bay scene. Always has been. Ask Rob Demovsky how well it goes over trying to be Bob McGinn?

Bob has been churning out excellent work for years based on his many contacts and access to sources other guys in Packers media could only dream of having access to. Your personal bias leads you to reject his work.

Oh, Bob isn't infallible...the cited piece about the roster being good enough to win without Aaron is a bad bad moment. However, that has to do strictly with OPINION. What analyst hasn't predicted something that looked stupid? Watch these game predictions of these great NFL players and coaches and you'll see how abysmal they are at accurately predicting anything. So, Bob has a wrong OPINION and that is used to invalidate his SOURCES? No. That makes no sense. You've read and loved his sources for years when it comes to our draft picks and players. Now, when he has sources that tell you something you don't enjoy you rip him and bring up an OPINION that he held that was proven false. Rich. It's unbelievable the real SPIN that goes on around here...it ain't from Bob.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

receptions/yards

Davante Adams 50/483

Jeff Janis 9/224
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
luigis
8 years ago

McGinn is paid by JSOnline to stir the pot and generate clicks...just like profootballtalk. Minimal substance, just shouting randomness louder than other people. The substance for this apparent feud is whispers from some unnamed source. For all we know it was the janitor overhearing a squabble between the two of them one day.

As you said, it's not that I can't see the weaknesses on the roster, but I also acknowledge the benefits of hindsight analysis that.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I would respect (kind of) McGinn if his source was the janitor, at least he would be doing some actual journalism work, good or bad but work it would be. But I bet there's not even a source, McGinn just writes to generate clicks for his job and he doesn't care about what he writes or any kind of fact-checking.

I'll always remember he wrote "The Packers can win without Rodgers" when our backup was Seneca Wallace!!! We all know what happened.

Luis
68md
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Ya'll can give Uffda hell ... I have more than once but this time boys and girls he dropped your pants and gave you a good old fashioned spanking. When those stories are full of bubblegum and rainbows everyone wants to post them and carry on. When a dose of anything that isn't true green and gold is presented packer nation runs around like a raped ape screaming the sky is falling. 😱 🙄

Happens every damn year..rinse repeat.
Barfarn
8 years ago

Ya'll can give Uffda hell ... I have more than once but this time boys and girls he dropped your pants and gave you a good old fashioned spanking. When those stories are full of bubblegum and rainbows everyone wants to post them and carry on. When a dose of anything that isn't true green and gold is presented packer nation runs around like a raped ape screaming the sky is falling. 😱 🙄

Originally Posted by: 68md 

[Face Palm]

First, the story is 100% false.

Second, Life is complex. Uffda just grunts like a caveman, "fire good, Adams bad." [The other 4000 words accompanying those thoughts are irrelevant] But, apply fire to your drapes and you'll see that fire can be bad too. You cant live without water; but can die if held under it for 10 minutes. Hitler was quite sweet to Eva Braun, not so much to the Jewish.

McSpinn is not all good or evil and it is a pure error in logic to judge the article based on past articles.

In judging THIS article it is uncontroverted that in THIS article McSpinn printed LIES about Mason Foster...LIES! Why? It is because he had a consciousness of guilt, he felt he needed to add a punch to his source-less story. My guess, his goal was to harm 1265 because they made him look like an idiot blaming Peppers for the Fitz coverage in OT.
DakotaT
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: 68md 

That's some stellar writing.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

[Face Palm]

First, the story is 100% false.

Second, Life is complex. Uffda just grunts like a caveman, "fire good, Adams bad." [The other 4000 words accompanying those thoughts are irrelevant] But, apply fire to your drapes and you'll see that fire can be bad too. You cant live without water; but can die if held under it for 10 minutes. Hitler was quite sweet to Eva Braun, not so much to the Jewish.

McSpinn is not all good or evil and it is a pure error in logic to judge the article based on past articles.

In judging THIS article it is uncontroverted that in THIS article McSpinn printed LIES about Mason Foster...LIES! Why? It is because he had a consciousness of guilt, he felt he needed to add a punch to his source-less story. My guess, his goal was to harm 1265 because they made him look like an idiot blaming Peppers for the Fitz coverage in OT.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

The story is 100% false? According to what source? YOU? C'mon, Barfarn.

Equating me to a grunting ape is sophomoric. You should head over to x4 and post there. You'd fit right in.

Again, the story is false? How convenient that Mike McCarthy has a "stomach illness" and "can't" make the trip. LOL. Riiiiiiiight. He's too sick to coach the probowl. Any half way decent sleuth can figure this one out. He simply didn't want to take questions regarding this issue. Why? Where is his denial? Even if he gave one I wouldn't buy it. Yet, he hasn't stated anything and you know he knows this is out there. He's probably sick because he has to face this divisive and controversial issue that he doesn't want to face.

It's funny that so many want to so easily dismiss this because it doesn't fit with what they want to believe. Everything is great in Packerland. That is the mantra. Once you accept this from the HC you have to begin to question whether the rest of what you hold as true is crumbling. Oh no! You might end up having to admit ol' Uffda and Dakota, etc. are correct? No! No! No! That can't be...they don't know football...they know nothing. Truth is truth no matter what package what messenger. I am truly sorry for you that it's so distasteful to you.

EVERYONE should see that how we operate is not giving us the best chance to win a ring. A coach with a big new extension isn't going anywhere. Mike McCarthy knows this but still is unhappy. It sucks playing not to win. That is what is alleged of MM. I see it much differently. It's far higher than him that plays not to win.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Cheesey
8 years ago
I don't think the worry over questions had anything to do with Mike McCarthy not coaching the pro bowl. Like no one could reach him if he stayed home???
Come on! Get real!
He would have just turned anyone away that asked about that.
Either he really is ill, or he just didn't want to do it.
To make up some big "he doesn't want to have to answer questions" is goofy in my opinion.
UserPostedImage
musccy
8 years ago

or he just didn't want to do it..

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Exactly. Everybody suddenly develops leprosy and polio this time of year. It has absolutely nothing to do with a Bob McGinn article.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (22m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (36m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
25m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.