rabidgopher04
8 years ago
If McCarthy hasn't denied this then it is true.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

McGinn is paid by JSOnline to stir the pot and generate clicks...just like profootballtalk. Minimal substance, just shouting randomness louder than other people. The substance for this apparent feud is whispers from some unnamed source. For all we know it was the janitor overhearing a squabble between the two of them one day.

As you said, it's not that I can't see the weaknesses on the roster, but I also acknowledge the benefits of hindsight analysis that.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Think about what you said about Bob McSPINN (Barfarn's best ever)... So, are the other writers of JSO not under the same directive? It's pretty obvious that reading here, there, or any other Packers forum or blog, with the exception of Michael Rodney's glorious work, that koolaid is generating more clicks than anything else. DAVANTE ADAMS CONFIDENT DESPITE DISMAL SEASON. Oh, boy! Let's read this ear tickling piece that will convince me opposite of what I know to be true that he sucks. Please, someone tell me that he's really going to be good. Click, click, click... McGinn's articles aren't for the koolaiders ... look at the reaction here to his work. He's the finest most objective journalist at any major newspaper that covers the Packers/Green Bay scene. Always has been. Ask Rob Demovsky how well it goes over trying to be Bob McGinn?

Bob has been churning out excellent work for years based on his many contacts and access to sources other guys in Packers media could only dream of having access to. Your personal bias leads you to reject his work.

Oh, Bob isn't infallible...the cited piece about the roster being good enough to win without Aaron is a bad bad moment. However, that has to do strictly with OPINION. What analyst hasn't predicted something that looked stupid? Watch these game predictions of these great NFL players and coaches and you'll see how abysmal they are at accurately predicting anything. So, Bob has a wrong OPINION and that is used to invalidate his SOURCES? No. That makes no sense. You've read and loved his sources for years when it comes to our draft picks and players. Now, when he has sources that tell you something you don't enjoy you rip him and bring up an OPINION that he held that was proven false. Rich. It's unbelievable the real SPIN that goes on around here...it ain't from Bob.

Mirror Mirror on the wall...
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
8 years ago

Think about what you said about Bob McSPINN (Barfarn's best ever)... So, are the other writers of JSO not under the same directive? It's pretty obvious that reading here, there, or any other Packers forum or blog, with the exception of Michael Rodney's glorious work, that koolaid is generating more clicks than anything else. DAVANTE ADAMS CONFIDENT DESPITE DISMAL SEASON. Oh, boy! Let's read this ear tickling piece that will convince me opposite of what I know to be true that he sucks. Please, someone tell me that he's really going to be good. Click, click, click... McGinn's articles aren't for the koolaiders ... look at the reaction here to his work. He's the finest most objective journalist at any major newspaper that covers the Packers/Green Bay scene. Always has been. Ask Rob Demovsky how well it goes over trying to be Bob McGinn?

Bob has been churning out excellent work for years based on his many contacts and access to sources other guys in Packers media could only dream of having access to. Your personal bias leads you to reject his work.

Oh, Bob isn't infallible...the cited piece about the roster being good enough to win without Aaron is a bad bad moment. However, that has to do strictly with OPINION. What analyst hasn't predicted something that looked stupid? Watch these game predictions of these great NFL players and coaches and you'll see how abysmal they are at accurately predicting anything. So, Bob has a wrong OPINION and that is used to invalidate his SOURCES? No. That makes no sense. You've read and loved his sources for years when it comes to our draft picks and players. Now, when he has sources that tell you something you don't enjoy you rip him and bring up an OPINION that he held that was proven false. Rich. It's unbelievable the real SPIN that goes on around here...it ain't from Bob.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

receptions/yards

Davante Adams 50/483

Jeff Janis 9/224
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
luigis
8 years ago

McGinn is paid by JSOnline to stir the pot and generate clicks...just like profootballtalk. Minimal substance, just shouting randomness louder than other people. The substance for this apparent feud is whispers from some unnamed source. For all we know it was the janitor overhearing a squabble between the two of them one day.

As you said, it's not that I can't see the weaknesses on the roster, but I also acknowledge the benefits of hindsight analysis that.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I would respect (kind of) McGinn if his source was the janitor, at least he would be doing some actual journalism work, good or bad but work it would be. But I bet there's not even a source, McGinn just writes to generate clicks for his job and he doesn't care about what he writes or any kind of fact-checking.

I'll always remember he wrote "The Packers can win without Rodgers" when our backup was Seneca Wallace!!! We all know what happened.

Luis
68md
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Ya'll can give Uffda hell ... I have more than once but this time boys and girls he dropped your pants and gave you a good old fashioned spanking. When those stories are full of bubblegum and rainbows everyone wants to post them and carry on. When a dose of anything that isn't true green and gold is presented packer nation runs around like a raped ape screaming the sky is falling. 😱 🙄

Happens every damn year..rinse repeat.
Barfarn
8 years ago

Ya'll can give Uffda hell ... I have more than once but this time boys and girls he dropped your pants and gave you a good old fashioned spanking. When those stories are full of bubblegum and rainbows everyone wants to post them and carry on. When a dose of anything that isn't true green and gold is presented packer nation runs around like a raped ape screaming the sky is falling. 😱 🙄

Originally Posted by: 68md 

[Face Palm]

First, the story is 100% false.

Second, Life is complex. Uffda just grunts like a caveman, "fire good, Adams bad." [The other 4000 words accompanying those thoughts are irrelevant] But, apply fire to your drapes and you'll see that fire can be bad too. You cant live without water; but can die if held under it for 10 minutes. Hitler was quite sweet to Eva Braun, not so much to the Jewish.

McSpinn is not all good or evil and it is a pure error in logic to judge the article based on past articles.

In judging THIS article it is uncontroverted that in THIS article McSpinn printed LIES about Mason Foster...LIES! Why? It is because he had a consciousness of guilt, he felt he needed to add a punch to his source-less story. My guess, his goal was to harm 1265 because they made him look like an idiot blaming Peppers for the Fitz coverage in OT.
DakotaT
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: 68md 

That's some stellar writing.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

[Face Palm]

First, the story is 100% false.

Second, Life is complex. Uffda just grunts like a caveman, "fire good, Adams bad." [The other 4000 words accompanying those thoughts are irrelevant] But, apply fire to your drapes and you'll see that fire can be bad too. You cant live without water; but can die if held under it for 10 minutes. Hitler was quite sweet to Eva Braun, not so much to the Jewish.

McSpinn is not all good or evil and it is a pure error in logic to judge the article based on past articles.

In judging THIS article it is uncontroverted that in THIS article McSpinn printed LIES about Mason Foster...LIES! Why? It is because he had a consciousness of guilt, he felt he needed to add a punch to his source-less story. My guess, his goal was to harm 1265 because they made him look like an idiot blaming Peppers for the Fitz coverage in OT.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

The story is 100% false? According to what source? YOU? C'mon, Barfarn.

Equating me to a grunting ape is sophomoric. You should head over to x4 and post there. You'd fit right in.

Again, the story is false? How convenient that Mike McCarthy has a "stomach illness" and "can't" make the trip. LOL. Riiiiiiiight. He's too sick to coach the probowl. Any half way decent sleuth can figure this one out. He simply didn't want to take questions regarding this issue. Why? Where is his denial? Even if he gave one I wouldn't buy it. Yet, he hasn't stated anything and you know he knows this is out there. He's probably sick because he has to face this divisive and controversial issue that he doesn't want to face.

It's funny that so many want to so easily dismiss this because it doesn't fit with what they want to believe. Everything is great in Packerland. That is the mantra. Once you accept this from the HC you have to begin to question whether the rest of what you hold as true is crumbling. Oh no! You might end up having to admit ol' Uffda and Dakota, etc. are correct? No! No! No! That can't be...they don't know football...they know nothing. Truth is truth no matter what package what messenger. I am truly sorry for you that it's so distasteful to you.

EVERYONE should see that how we operate is not giving us the best chance to win a ring. A coach with a big new extension isn't going anywhere. Mike McCarthy knows this but still is unhappy. It sucks playing not to win. That is what is alleged of MM. I see it much differently. It's far higher than him that plays not to win.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Cheesey
8 years ago
I don't think the worry over questions had anything to do with Mike McCarthy not coaching the pro bowl. Like no one could reach him if he stayed home???
Come on! Get real!
He would have just turned anyone away that asked about that.
Either he really is ill, or he just didn't want to do it.
To make up some big "he doesn't want to have to answer questions" is goofy in my opinion.
UserPostedImage
musccy
8 years ago

or he just didn't want to do it..

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Exactly. Everybody suddenly develops leprosy and polio this time of year. It has absolutely nothing to do with a Bob McGinn article.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (8h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (14h) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.