Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
The amount of the Malik Jackson contract made me wonder just what people would be willing to pay for different FA possibilities.

So, of those FA out there this year (including those with franchise tags), if you were Packer GM, who would you be willing to sign for:

1. $15 million/year or more?

2. $10 million/year up to $14,999,999.99?

3. $5 million/year up to $9,999,999.99?

4. $3 million/year up to $4,999.999.99?

To keep things relatively simple, answer this question only with regard to the 3-5 positions you consider the Packers' biggest needs right now.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
My list:

Cordy Glenn, OT. (But only if Buffalo comes down from the 2 first-round picks requirement.)

Malik Jackson DT(had he not already signed).
Muhammad Wilkerson DT (only if NY comes down from 2 first requirement)

Olivier Vernon (DE)
Bruce Irvin (LB)
Danny Trevathan (LB)
Alex Mack (C)
Jaye Howard (DT)
Ladarius Green (TE)
Martellus Bennett (TE)

Nick Fairley (DT)
Chris Long (DE)
Dashon Goldson (S)

(just a clarification on the OP: I am asking what *you* would be willing to pay, not what the market will be)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Smokey
8 years ago
As much as some would like to see Ted Thompson go Free Agent shopping, I would not count much on it. Dreaming, wanting, and wishing will not, IMO, change TT's team building policy.

I prefer proven players if they can be acquired, even if it means releasing or trading under preforming players. We can of course post our opinions and evaluations, but in the final analysis, Ted Thompson will make the decisions (right or wrong) that will determine the success or failure of the 2016 Packers.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

My list:

Cordy Glenn, OT. (But only if Buffalo comes down from the 2 first-round picks requirement.)

Malik Jackson DT(had he not already signed).
Muhammad Wilkerson DT (only if NY comes down from 2 first requirement)

Olivier Vernon (DE)
Bruce Irvin (LB)
Danny Trevathan (LB)
Alex Mack (C)
Jaye Howard (DT)
Ladarius Green (TE)
Martellus Bennett (TE)

Nick Fairley (DT)
Chris Long (DE)
Dashon Goldson (S)

(just a clarification on the OP: I am asking what *you* would be willing to pay, not what the market will be)

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Can Bruce Irvin cover? He's an OLB on our D.

I'd go maybe up to $3-5/yr on Daniels. I think the thing about not costing us compensatory picks is a big part of Ted's strategy.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
If you can get me a Joe Thomas LT, or a Beast OLB (more of beast than Matthews ever was). and I would be OK with the 15 or more.

Other positions we need TE top 2016 cap hit right now is 9 million, and I don't think any of the TE are really worth that much. I'd consider possibly the 10 million range for a 3 down ILB that actually can cover. But I suspect we will see less of that an more splitting with Safeties.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Rockmolder
8 years ago
Great concept for a thead, Wade.

Do we have to take in account the salary cap and future years? If so, I wouldn't want any single free agent worth more than $10 million a year, I think.

Nearly never worth it. The only guy on our roster making more than that is Rodgers. That's franchise QB money. Or Suh money if you're the Dolphins.

-Muhammed Wilkerson. I'd love to pick up one of the best d-linemen in the league for around $13 million a year. I'd make caproom for him. Of course, he's both franchise tagged and would get something like $19 million a year from a team like the Jaguars.

-Derek Wolfe DE/DT. The Broncos are paying him around $9 million a year. A number that I would've gladly spent on him, as well.
-Malik Jackson DE/DT. The Jaguars are paying him around $15 million a year. I would've gladly spent around $9 million a year on him.
-Olivier Vernon DE/OLB. He's going to be one of the better pass rushers for the coming years. I'd have loved to lock him up for $9 million a year (maybe more if we let Peppers go). That, again, is a lot less than he'd most likely get in the open market, had the Dolphins not tagged him.
-Damon Harrison NT. I'd love to sign this guy. If you go as high as $6 million a year, you're already making him the highest paid pure NT (EDIT: I'd still go a bit higher than that). It's also relatively safe to give him a bit of guaranteed money, because of his age and skill. Next to that, you can easily cut Guion if we have too much money tied up in the position, since we gave him next to no guaranteed money. This is the only one I can actually see happening.
-Danny Trevathan ILB. I don't like spending big money on ILBs, but I'm afraid that you'd have to do just that to get Trevathan. I'd give around $6-7 million a year, but I can imagine that a team with more cap space gives him a million or 9-10 a year.

-Rolando McClain ILB. He could be a bargain with the way he's been playing the last two years. I wouldn't like to give him a lot of guaranteed money, but he could be a bargain at $3.5 million a year, for a year or two.
-Tahir Whitehead OLB/ILB. We wouldn't be getting an amazing player, but he would upgrade our ILB situation. He's certainly worth $2.5 million per year on a short contract.
-Travis Benjamin WR. I don't really know what the market value is for him right now, but I do think that he could be a hidden gem and add something to the offense that we don't have. He could start as a number 2 receiver on most teams and I figure that, if you can get him for around $3.5 - 4 million a year on a short contract, the offense would become that more deadly.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (14h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (15h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.