Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
10 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbpfan  
#41 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 1:19:21 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

What can be said,that already hasn't the front line is terrible can't even run the ball.Coach needs to be tough on these guys Frost terrible penalties the most in the N.F.L. embarrassing.They will have to be ready for the bears.
Online dfosterf  
#42 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 1:23:08 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 428

We didn't get outcoached, we got outplayed. AD right. AD left. AD middle. Not too complicated, if you ask me. US? Missed block right. Missed block left. Missed block middle. Missed tackle left. Missed tackle middle. Missed tackle right...outphysicaled... They proved to be a far superior team in the trenches, our only chance was Major Dad yanking AD, and this time, even he wasn't that stupid. The Vikes have invested a huge chunk of their future into this year, and it showed. They have much better talent on those lines than we do. It shows. Blame Mike McCarthy if you want. Blame Aaron Rodgers if you want. I'd like to see just how good a football team we would have with some serious talent in those trenches, and unlike the vikes, we have not mortgaged our future for the win-now mentality... we will be able reload with talent, and in the meantime, have a still very legitimate shot to take this division. We are a Tampa win and a Packer win from tying this whole thing up once again. If our line(s) don't improve, we will not win, if they do, we will... that may be coaching in the sense that we are forced to "dance with the girl we brung", standing pat on our personnel and schemes due to the successes of last year. That is not the same as being outcoached in this game. We simply do not have the needed personnel on those lines, imo. The vikes deserve every credit for puttin' a whippin' on us... the score and recap might say a missed field goal differential, but the reality was a butt-whippin' disguised by a couple of turnovers.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Pack93z  
#43 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 1:34:18 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I think the honeymoon is over.
At some point the coaching staff has to be held accountable for most of the ills affecting this team.
Penalties, gap control, pad level, poor play calling and every week McCarthy sits up there and tells us that these things are "fixable".
Well maybe Mike ain't that good of a mechanic.

I have been saying this for over a year, the position coach along the offensive line, James Campen and Jerry Fontenot, isn't getting it done. They both were scrappers in their day playing, neither was a outstanding technician in the fundamentals.. add to it that neither have been exposed to the ZBS. Explains some of the hybrid fundamental that we deploy.

Then top it off with most of these guys playing and practicing multiple positions along the line.. it helps explain a little of the inconsistency. Yes it makes a ton of sense to have versatile players but shouldn't they master on position first.

In the 1st 10 minutes of the game, I quipped to my wife.. there is no way we should win this game today.. that is how outmatched the Oline looked from the word go..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Packnic  
#44 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 1:42:20 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

if Mike McCarthy doesn't kick each of their collective asses this week & penalties don't get cleaned up, we're screwed!

He won't. But he will tell us "it can be fixed." :thumbright:

Fire Mike McCarthy.
blank
Offline IronMan  
#45 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 1:45:03 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 85
Applause Received: 98

if Mike McCarthy doesn't kick each of their collective asses this week & penalties don't get cleaned up, we're screwed!

Fire Mike McCarthy.

Troll.
Offline Pack93z  
#46 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 1:46:37 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Fire [strike]Mike McCarthy[/strike]. James Campen

There cleaned it up a little.. three years and little growth along the offensive line.. no excuses for that at all.. not getting it done.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#47 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 2:10:07 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

I think the honeymoon is over.
At some point the coaching staff has to be held accountable for most of the ills affecting this team.
Penalties, gap control, pad level, poor play calling and every week McCarthy sits up there and tells us that these things are "fixable".
Well maybe Mike ain't that good of a mechanic.

I have been saying this for over a year, the position coach along the offensive line, James Campen and Jerry Fontenot, isn't getting it done. They both were scrappers in their day playing, neither was a outstanding technician in the fundamentals.. add to it that neither have been exposed to the ZBS. Explains some of the hybrid fundamental that we deploy.

Then top it off with most of these guys playing and practicing multiple positions along the line.. it helps explain a little of the inconsistency. Yes it makes a ton of sense to have versatile players but shouldn't they master on position first.

In the 1st 10 minutes of the game, I quipped to my wife.. there is no way we should win this game today.. that is how outmatched the Oline looked from the word go..

I said something similar to my fiancee (who is, of course, a Vikings fan) closer to the end of the game -- my statement was "If we manage to win this, we sure didn't deserve to."
blank
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#48 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 2:11:54 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

Fire [strike]Mike McCarthy[/strike]. [strike]James Campen[/strike] the offensive and defensive coordinators. Hire a real, proven D coordinator and an offensive coordinator who knows how to put a power run game together

There cleaned it up a little.. three years and little growth along the offensive line.. no excuses for that at all.. not getting it done.

More fixin'. :icon_smile:
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#49 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 2:19:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

NO team deserved the win, the only person who came to play was Adrian Peterson.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline MassPackersFan  
#50 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 2:27:23 PM(UTC)
MassPackersFan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

I feel bad for Woodson, Collins, and Blackmon. They somehow got us back into this game and then our offense blew it at the end.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed