Zero2Cool
8 years ago
After the Rams and Titans trade, the Titans are now who I am watching and hoping the Packers trade their 1st round pick to.

Titans have ...
1 - 15th
2 - 33rd
2 - 43rd
2 - 45th
3 - 64th
3 - 76th

Unrealistically speaking, I would (as Packers fan) enjoy giving them the 27th and 57th picks for their 33rd, 43rd and 45th selections.

Make. It. Happen!

Edit, thought I'd peak at the old draft chart.

27th = 680
57th = 330

33rd = 580
43rd = 470
45th = 450

The math says not a good trade for Titans lol
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
8 years ago
On topic; It's a strange statistic if you think about it. All the guys he picks in the 2nd round are available in the 1st, as well.

You'd think he'd pick guys who turn into these Pro-Bowl players like Lacy, Collins and Cobb in the 1st round if he truly valued them higher than guys like Sherrod and Jones.

Is it then that Ted drafts for need in the first? We always seem to get a player at a position of need. Of course, with holes at quite a few places and equally ranked prospects available every year, that might just be the way it falls to him.

Maybe he's afraid to pull the trigger on guys like Collins in the first? A safety from Bethune-Cookman is a bit of a gamble and one that gets you heaps of crap if it doesn't work out. Of course, Rodgers was out first round pick that year, so you can't really say that Collins should've been a first rounder for us.

Or is it just coincedence? Take a year like 2008 when he has no first rounders, but three 2nd rounders. He only hits on one of those three. Also, three of those 2nd round Pro-Bowlers are WRs in Nelson, Jennings and Cobb. Without Rodgers, I feel like Nelson might be the only Pro-Bowler from the three. Jennings pretty much proved as much in Minnesota.

I don't know the answer, but I feel like it must be a combination of those things.
Rockmolder
8 years ago

After the Rams and Titans trade, the Titans are now who I am watching and hoping the Packers trade their 1st round pick to.

Titans have ...
1 - 15th
2 - 33rd
2 - 43rd
2 - 45th
3 - 64th
3 - 76th

Unrealistically speaking, I would (as Packers fan) enjoy giving them the 27th and 57th picks for their 33rd, 43rd and 45th selections.

Make. It. Happen!

Edit, thought I'd peak at the old draft chart.

27th = 680
57th = 330

33rd = 580
43rd = 470
45th = 450

The math says not a good trade for Titans lol

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'd like that from a draft standpoint even if you'd drop pick 45. Pick 33 is a premium pick with the 2nd round being on a seperate day now. And, especially in this draft, the talent at 27 really doesn't differ a lot from the talent at 33. Some late 1st prospect would be bound to fall our way and we'd have an extra day to shop that pick around or do some more homework on someone who would most likely still be on the board.

From a fan standpoint... I'd be gutted. Staying up 'till 4 AM to see pick 27, only for Ted to trade out of the first again.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I'd like that from a draft standpoint even if you'd drop pick 45. Pick 33 is a premium pick with the 2nd round being on a seperate day now. And, especially in this draft, the talent at 27 really doesn't differ a lot from the talent at 33. Some late 1st prospect would be bound to fall our way and we'd have an extra day to shop that pick around or do some more homework on someone who would most likely still be on the board.

From a fan standpoint... I'd be gutted. Staying up 'till 4 AM to see pick 27, only for Ted to trade out of the first again.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

lol the draft will conclude no later than 12:20am CST for this fan and I'm thinking the Packers will be picking between 10pm and 10:30pm if not earlier.

http://www.packershome.com/Packers/Draft  tool I was curious how many 1st and 2nd round selections the Packers have made under Ted Thompson. Looks like 11 first round and 15 second round which is about a 15% advantage numerically speaking.

2015	1	30	Damarious Randall	DB	Arizona St.
2014	1	21	Ha`Sean Clinton-Dix	DB	Alabama
2013	1	26	Datone Jones	DE	UCLA
2012	1	28	Nick Perry	DE	USC
2011	1	32	Derek Sherrod	OL	Mississippi St.
2010	1	23	Bryan Bulaga	T	Iowa
2009	1	9	B.J. Raji	DT	Boston Col.
2009	1	26	Clay Matthews	LB	USC
2007	1	16	Justin Harrell	DT	Tennessee
2006	1	5	A.J. Hawk	LB	Ohio St.
2005	1	24	Aaron Rodgers	QB	California

2015	2	62	Quinten Rollins	DB	Miami (OH)
2014	2	53	Davante Adams	WR	Fresno St.
2013	2	61	Eddie Lacy	RB	Alabama
2012	2	51	Jerel Worthy	DT	Michigan St.
2012	2	62	Casey Hayward	DB	Vanderbilt
2011	2	64	Randall Cobb	WR	East. Kentucky
2010	2	56	Mike Neal	DE	Purdue
2008	2	36	Jordy Nelson	WR	Kansas St.
2008	2	56	Brian Brohm	QB	Louisville
2008	2	60	Patrick Lee	DB	Auburn
2007	2	63	Brandon Jackson	RB	Nebraska
2006	2	47	Daryn Colledge	T	Boise St.
2006	2	52	Greg Jennings	WR	West. Michigan
2005	2	51	Nick Collins	DB	Bethune-Cookman
2005	2	58	Terrence Murphy	WR	Texas A&M

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

On topic; It's a strange statistic if you think about it. All the guys he picks in the 2nd round are available in the 1st, as well.

You'd think he'd pick guys who turn into these Pro-Bowl players like Lacy, Collins and Cobb in the 1st round if he truly valued them higher than guys like Sherrod and Jones.

Is it then that Ted drafts for need in the first? We always seem to get a player at a position of need. Of course, with holes at quite a few places and equally ranked prospects available every year, that might just be the way it falls to him.

Maybe he's afraid to pull the trigger on guys like Collins in the first? A safety from Bethune-Cookman is a bit of a gamble and one that gets you heaps of crap if it doesn't work out. Of course, Rodgers was out first round pick that year, so you can't really say that Collins should've been a first rounder for us.

Or is it just coincedence? Take a year like 2008 when he has no first rounders, but three 2nd rounders. He only hits on one of those three. Also, three of those 2nd round Pro-Bowlers are WRs in Nelson, Jennings and Cobb. Without Rodgers, I feel like Nelson might be the only Pro-Bowler from the three. Jennings pretty much proved as much in Minnesota.

I don't know the answer, but I feel like it must be a combination of those things.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

If Ted factors need, then it's more like future need. His patern is positions whose contracts will be up the next year or two. He took Raji and Clay that year to switch to the 3-4, so that's one exception.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

If Ted factors need, then it's more like future need.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

You are just now surmising that the Packers use the draft for future? Where the hell have you been the last decade? You get fooled by all the Free Agent signings from other teams that the Packers have been making year-in year-out? 😲

A comment from Ted Thompson that has always stuck with me is he says free agents can be used for defense, but the offense you really have to groom them from rookie year. The essence of what he was saying is it's easier to bring in free agents for defense, than offense. When you look at the track record of the better free agent signings, it's been defense.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago

Jason Spitz last played for the Packers during the 2010 season. Daryn Colledge last played for the Packers during the 2010 season. When was the last time the Packers won the Super Bowl? Oh, yeah, 2010!!

I hate it when a team gets players that work together better as a team than individuals. I mean, who the hell wants to win the Super Bowl? Let's just pile up "Pro Bowl" individuals and collect the paper trophies!

I knew you were going to respond. I knew it. You're still having that secret affair with Mrs. Colledge aren't you?

😎

(p.s. I really do admire Colledge the man for his joining the army reserve, though. You and I will always disagree on how good a player he was, I expect. But it sounds like he is a good man, which is far more important.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I knew you were going to respond. I knew it. You're still having that secret affair with Mrs. Colledge aren't you?

😎

(p.s. I really do admire Colledge the man for his joining the army reserve, though. You and I will always disagree on how good a player he was, I expect. But it sounds like he is a good man, which is far more important.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I don't really think he's all that great. I do think the staff screwed with him quite a bit and that caused more issues than positives with his career with the Packers. And I think people who constantly bitch about offensive linemen over and over again without watching the All-22 really haven't much room to talk as if they are more knowing than others.

Daryn joining the National Guard is pretty cool.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago

I don't really think he's all that great. I do think the staff screwed with him quite a bit and that caused more issues than positives with his career with the Packers. And I think people who constantly bitch about offensive linemen over and over again without watching the All-22 really haven't much room to talk as if they are more knowing than others.

Daryn joining the National Guard is pretty cool.

I"m not more knowing. I'm just always correct.

Except when I'm not. Nanner, nanner.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I"m not more knowing. I'm just always correct.

Except when I'm not. Nanner, nanner.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

OL is probably the least knowledgeable position for me personally. I've always said, give me five big fatties who can bench a train and I'll be good.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
TheKanataThrilla (1m) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (13m) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (13m) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (15m) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (16m) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (47m) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (1h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (2h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (2h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (2h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (2h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.