Zero2Cool
7 years ago

In the past 15 -20 years how many times has GB played down to the level of their competition?

A- WAAAAAAYYYYYY too many times.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I've watched this happen with a lot of teams, the Packers are not the exception. And still doesn't answer anything for me. If Kenny does better against weaker competition, doesn't that go against the playing down to your competition theory? If he were to play down to his competition wouldn't the report be that he does well against better competition, but disappears against weak competition?

Anyhow, found this bouncing around the interGoogle too

What he brings: Tipping the scales at 314 pounds and running a 5.06 40-yard dash? Yeah, that’s impressive. He put up 29 reps of 225 pounds on the bench and had a 28.5-inch vertical leap. But, it was doing field work where he really stood out. His power and quickness were highly evident at the combine. He remains in constant motion, never takes plays off and is ultra quick up the field. He plays the nose a good majority of the time but with his strength he could move out to star as a 3-4 DE 4- or 5-technique in due time.

John Harris wrote:

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

I've watched this happen with a lot of teams, the Packers are not the exception. And still doesn't answer anything for me. If Kenny does better against weaker competition, doesn't that go against the playing down to your competition theory?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Nope because I was not talking about Clark at that moment. You asked the question who doesn't play better against weaker competition and I answered your question. GB does. As far as what other teams do, I don't care. That comparison is like saying our team sucks but we are not as sucky as that other team to the west so it's ok if we sucks too.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

In the past 15 -20 years how many times has GB played down to the level of their competition?

A- WAAAAAAYYYYYY too many times.

GB has one of the best records in the league over the last 15-20 years so I'd say they likely have done better than almost every other team as far as beating the weaker competition.
Porforis
7 years ago
"Appeared in all games"

Sounds good to me!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

GB has one of the best records in the league over the last 15-20 years so I'd say they likely have done better than almost every other team as far as beating the weaker competition.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Where did I say that they have not out performed the league average?

Where did I say that they lost those games that they didn't play up tp their fullest abilities?

The question that was put to me was the question that I answered. Zero2Cool asked who doesn't play better against weaker competition. My answer was GB doesn't always. It doesn't mean they don't win those games.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

Where did I say that they have not out performed the league average?

Where did I say that they lost those games that they didn't play up tp their fullest abilities?

The question that was put to me was the question that I answered. Zero2Cool asked who doesn't play better against weaker competition. My answer was GB doesn't always. It doesn't mean they don't win those games.

Except this team generally dominates weaker competition... No they don't "always" but that doesn't prove anything.
sschind
7 years ago

Alot of guys do better against weaker competition. 🤣

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I totally missed that the first time. I read it but it didn't register.

I think what they were trying to say is that the better competition could handle him and thats more like the level he will face in the nfl.
Bigbyfan
7 years ago

First:

My favorite bust was Brian Brohm. God I was so wrong.

Second:

I had an account with a non-retard name before "Rajiroar", I just forgot the info. It was supposed to be temporary I swear!

Third:

Raji killed it in 2010 and 6'd the Bears for the Halas trophy in their house, he is undoubtedly one of Ted's best front 7 picks, sad as that is.

Im never gonna live that damn name down.

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns 

Ummm.... look at my name lol
blank
Mucky Tundra
7 years ago

Ummm.... look at my name lol

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan 

After this brilliant, self-defecating post Bigbyfan immediately suffered a wrist injury, limiting his posting abilities for the next two weeks.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
warhawk
7 years ago

Well, I obviously have no clue. I had ten, count 'em, ten DL ahead of Clark still on the board.

And, yes, I would have taken the other UCLA guy before him, too. (microfracture risk and all).

But of those on the board at #27... I would have picked any of these before either UCLA guy:
Josh Billings (better now and bigger upside at the same position)
A'Shawn Robinson (ditto)
Vernon Butler DT/De
Kevin Dodd, DE
Jason Spriggs, OT
Jarran Reed, DT
Chris Jones, DT/DE
Su'a Cravens LB
Noah Spence DL
Mackensie Alexander DB
Cody Whitehair OG/RT
Hassan Ridgeway DT
Austin Johnson DT

Well, it's better than the Nick Perry pick was.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Did you ever ask yourself the question why 9 of 10 DL you felt were better are still on the board and only Butler is gone from the overall list you gave? The Packers aren't the only one's that passed on these guys.
They all did. No denying these are all good players and if they get picked by the right team with a scheme that fits their style they will be fine. That doesn't mean they would have had the same success with the Packers. Obviously Clark was that guy for the Pack at 27.

Like always, time will tell, so we wait and see.

"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.