longtimefan
15 years ago

Give it up. This isnt bowling. If it was bowling, nothing wrong with the pass. But this is football, not bowling.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

so then you think the BF pas sin the snowbowl should been flagged?

that was the same THING, throwing under hand to a receiver while he was falling down
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I swear to god I'm going to start punching people in the trucking face that mention Brett in a damn thread that has nothing to do with him in the Packers section.
UserPostedImage
dingus
15 years ago
Chill Zero, It had something in common w/ a similar throw, that's all he said. I was thinking the exact same thing, falling forward, trying to make a positive out of a negative. The Fox halftime crew made similar comments, stating that had it been a Favre throw they wouldn't have flagged him.
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

I swear to god I'm going to start punching people in the trucking face that mention Brett in a damn thread that has nothing to do with him in the Packers section.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

LOL @ tuff guy

I love you
longtimefan
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

how bout this?

Manning last night threw at the feet of a receiver no where near catchable and it wasnt called..and I mean literally threw it at his feet
RaiderPride
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Brett thought it should not be a penalty.

I was was with a friend of mine, Brett Collins. Nice guy, use to be a ref in college football. Brett thought it should have been an incomplete pass.

But what the hell does my friend Brett Collins know. He was a college football ref in Canada.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
longtimefan
15 years ago

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Brett thought it should not be a penalty.

I was was with a friend of mine, Brett Collins. Nice guy, use to be a ref in college football. Brett thought it should have been an incomplete pass.

But what the hell does my friend Brett Collins know. He was a college football ref in Canada.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Damn Canadians!!
dfosterf
15 years ago
Brett Favre, Brett Favre, Brett Favre. There. I said it. If that pass wasn't the most "Favreian" in nature, I don't know what is. The whole bar (they root for my team along with me here in PA when I get a load on...I think it has something to do with me lifting one of their colleagues off his feet by his scruffy little neck when he talked some smack about the Packers a few years ago) yelled "Brett Favre" when the play occurred. The confusion, the controversy... reminded me of why I smoked so much during games.
We got hosed in the deal (I think), suspect if it WAS Brett making the throw there would have been more of a referee conference (hey, there, rook ref-- that's BRETT FAVRE, man... he DOES that kinda shit, put that flag back in your pocket, fool.) This is not a complaint, merely an observation. That play and those points hurt, but didn't decide the outcome of that football game. Adrian Peterson and co. did that. Sorry for the Brett Favre references, but they are simply unavoidable in this particular instance, and since I have been on record as at least tied as the most ardent Aaron Rodgers/TT supporter, plus am a bit of a jerk, I felt qualified to weigh in.
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

I'm not going to complain about a call like this when we sucked as bad as we did.

"IronMan" wrote:

So true.

I stepped away from the game for a few of minutes with the score 10-21, came back and saw we were leading 24-21.... I was ready to slap myself silly to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Cheesey
15 years ago

It was B.S. period.
Rodgers threw the ball underhand in the area of a receiver.
Thats ALL he had to do in that situation.
Thats NOT an illegal pass OR intentional grounding.
The refs don't even know the rules they are supposed to be inforcing.

"Formo" wrote:

Actually the rule for intentional grounding says ball has to land AT or beyond los..

the ball landed at the 8.5 yard line los was the 10

"Cheesey" wrote:

Not if there is a receiver in the area, which there was.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Just because he's out of pocket, doesn't disqualify the intentional grounding call. Because he was out of the pocket (which could be argued either way), the other prerequisite is the ball has to land at or BEYOND the line of scrimmage, regardless of a receiver having a REALISTIC CHANCE of catching the ball. And, sorry, no receiver, now or ever, would have had any sort of chance of catching that ball. Because the ball came up short of the line of scrimmage, the intentional grounding call is good.

Also, to look at it realistically, I think it's safe to say that Rodgers wasn't attempting any sort of pass. He was simply just trying to get rid of it to avoid a sack/safety. Isn't that, by definition, an 'intentional grounding'?

The call is good. The way they announced it was bad.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Then any pass that falls incomplete that doesn't pass the line of scrimmage should be flagged, right?
If a player is in the area, it's not grounding. Thats the rule. There WAS a player in the area. THEY make up the damn rules and don't even know how to enforce them. Had there NOT been a receiver there, i'd agree with the intentional grounding. But he WAS there. Thats makes a HUGE difference.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.