wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Green Bay Packers football is just 83 days away. Let's take a look at No. 83 for the Packers, wide receiver Jeff Janis. If Jeff Janis doesn't make the 53-man roster, there might be riots in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Not many players have earned the admiration of the fans quite like Janis. Let the hype train

Continue Reading @ LombardiAve 

LombardiAve wrote:

Well I did it again. I guess it is the touch screen on the computer that thinks I want to create new topics. Sigh.

As long as we have the topic, Janis has about a 50-50 chance. There are a number of guys who need to step up.

Adams, Janis, Abbrederis and Montgomery all have a chance to prove themselves. I put no stock in the half dozen training camp fodder that people seem to fall in love with every training camp. I really do't care who has the most catches or receiving yards in TC. If they got those yards against the 1st string defense I would be impressed but not so again a bunch of guys who are not going to make their respective teams either. Once the games begin the actually reset the stats meter to ZERO and begin again. They have a very long way to go and will most likely end up in the same place that Chastin West and Co have done for the past 10 years.

Trevor Davis has a slightly better chance than the Street FA since he cost GB a draft pick but if the top guys all step up he will be relegated to the PS.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
7 years ago
Really hoping Montgomery comes back strong and is totally healed up. Was looking semi-solid with a lot of potential (James Jones kind of guy minus the dropsies earlier in career) before he went down. Obviously didn't get a great sample size but fingers crossed.

Then again, don't care who steps up in the end so long as they step up and we win a super bowl. Could be Brett Favre at DT for all I care.
nerdmann
7 years ago

Really hoping Montgomery comes back strong and is totally healed up. Was looking semi-solid with a lot of potential (James Jones kind of guy minus the dropsies earlier in career) before he went down. Obviously didn't get a great sample size but fingers crossed.

Then again, don't care who steps up in the end so long as they step up and we win a super bowl. Could be Brett Favre at DT for all I care.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Janis lit it up on ST, so he's on the inside of the bubble. Davante was a #2, so he has an edge. Word is he wasn't getting open in OTAs. His skill set is going up and getting the ball, and he does do that well. But he has to make the team this year. Anbrederis got the dreaded word of confidence from the HC. He's a solid slot guy on a team that has several who can play that position. Flashy on punt returns though, imo. Thing is, we also have guys who can do that, and who aren't known to be fragile.

Trevor Davis may have a little flash. It'll be interesting to see what he looks like. He'll need a season to get up to speed, but if he puts something good on tape, they won't be able to PS him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Jeff Janis is a lock for the 53. There is absolutely zero chance he does not make the team. He has tremendous upside as a receiver and is dominant on Special Teams and is young. He will not go anywhere. Davante Adams, since his name was mentioned, I have been more and more thinking if Jordy Nelson comes back anywhere close to 100%, (same for Ty Montgomery) and this Trevor Davis offers anything better than we had last year as a returner, Adams might get shipped out for a 6th round pick or OL depth.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Very true.

1. Janis lit it up on ST, so he's on the inside of the bubble.
2. Davante was a #2, so he has an edge.
3. they won't be able to PS him.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

1. More than likely.
2. Being a #2 sure has its advantages. For a couple of years anyway.
3. I don't think so either.

Jeff Janis is a lock for the 53. There is absolutely zero chance he does not make the team.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I know what you mean but the only real locks are Nelson and Cobb. I think Janis has more than a 50-50 chance. I just like seeing people get all worked up and defend him like he is the next Jerry Rice.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
I think Janis has a very good chance based on the ability he showed as a gunner last year. If he earns time at WR its just a bonus. I think Abby has the advantage for the final WR position based on last year. And lets not forget Abby was a returner in college also.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wpr
  • wpr
7 years ago
We have been more or less talking about it but how do you rank the WRs as a whole? I pulled this list off Ourlads website. It's probably pretty close.

If Montgomery is healthy Abby is probably behind him on the depth chart.

Janis might out perform Adams and get more playing time but before TC rolls around being a 2nd round pick Adams wins out until he proves he is not worthy.

LWR NELSON, JORDY 08/2 Adams, Davante 14/2 Janis, Jeff 14/7 Davis, Trevor 16/5 Williams, Ed CF15 Waters, Herb CF16

RWR Cobb, Randall 11/2 Abbrederis, Jared 14/5 Montgomery, Ty 15/3 Johnson, Jamel CF15 Allison, Geronimo CF16

The draw back to the ourlads site is they don't put anyone into the slot.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (5h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (7h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (10h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (11h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (21h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.