Cheesey
7 years ago
I can see his seat getting hot if the team starts off really bad this year. That could cause a change.
If they start out looking great, he will be safe for the season, at least.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Imo, Mike created Aaron. However I also believe the loyalty on Aaron's part has waned, rightly or wrongly after the 2014 playoff meltdown.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Mike McCarthy was quite integral in the development of Aaron Rodgers. McCarthy helped with his footwork, arm strength and also improved his throwing mechanics to be a more consistent passer. Rodgers obsessive desire to get better also helped a lot too.

Regardless of what everyone knows about McCarthy developing Rodgers, it doesn't give him a free pass forever when the team continuously fails to punch teams in the mouth and secure victories in the post-season.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago
This team shit itself bad last year.

Mike has to prove that was a fluke or blame it on Jordy. He needs to prove that it's fixed.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Porforis
7 years ago

This team shit itself bad last year.

Mike has to prove that was a fluke or blame it on Jordy. He needs to prove that it's fixed.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

That. Unless it's a truly horrendous season (6-10 or worse) I can't see him losing his job this year but it'd put him on final notice.
Rockmolder
7 years ago

I would not be surprised if the seat is very hot under Mike McCarthy. He's been with the same team for a decade and sometimes your mantra falls on deaf ears and what is best is a new bark from a new dog.

The Pittsburgh Penguins and Cleveland Cavaliers both fired their coaches mid-season and won their respective league championships. Denver Broncos made a head coaching change and won the Super Bowl the following year. Baltimore Ravens fired their offensive coordinator mid-season and won the Super Bowl that same season.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'd like to agree, but I just don't see this happening within our organization. It's not the way we seem to operate. I think the only way Mike goes is if there's a new GM in town or if results are so bad it gets too hot for Ted Thompson to just stay put, as well.

There are way too many scapegoats still in place for Mike McCarthy to go anywhere. We saw that last year when Tom Clements had to give up playcalling duties.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

I would not be surprised if the seat is very hot under Mike McCarthy. He's been with the same team for a decade and sometimes your mantra falls on deaf ears and what is best is a new bark from a new dog.

The Pittsburgh Penguins and Cleveland Cavaliers both fired their coaches mid-season and won their respective league championships. Denver Broncos made a head coaching change and won the Super Bowl the following year. Baltimore Ravens fired their offensive coordinator mid-season and won the Super Bowl that same season.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Not Teddy's style.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
7 years ago
Of course, it isn't all McCarthy's fault but it is disappointing that with over 20 years of HOF QBs we have only 2 SBs to show for it.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
isocleas2
7 years ago
I think there are maybe 5-7 coaches with more job security in the NFL than McCarthy. Unless the team completely self destructs this year he'll be brought back for another season without a doubt.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (9h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (10h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (10h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.