DoddPower
7 years ago

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=17480611

Mark Chmura said he knows what happened and kinda danced around it. Basically he said it was based on Sittons attitude and it led to an incident where Ted I guess felt like he had to release him. If there's any truth to what Chmura is saying it's hard not to think Ted overreacted to something here a bit and kind of let his emotions make a decision for him. Even if you HAVE to get rid of Sitton there is no reason you have to do it before the cut to 53 deadline. Give yourself more than 2 hours to try and work out a trade. If that doesn't work out then fine but at least make the effort.

To me it looks bad on Ted decision wise but that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I can't listen to this right now, but how might Chmura know this? Chatting with players?
TheKanataThrilla
7 years ago
Obviously there was something. I really don't want to speculate as to me that is unfair to Sitton.

I have to hope that Ted made the best decision for the team not only for now, but for the future when it comes to players wanting to play for the Pack. Right now this feels like a Brazilian with duct tape.

Barfarn
7 years ago

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=17480611

Mark Chmura said he knows what happened and kinda danced around it. Basically he said it was based on Sittons attitude and it led to an incident where Ted I guess felt like he had to release him. If there's any truth to what Chmura is saying it's hard not to think Ted overreacted to something here a bit and kind of let his emotions make a decision for him. Even if you HAVE to get rid of Sitton there is no reason you have to do it before the cut to 53 deadline. Give yourself more than 2 hours to try and work out a trade. If that doesn't work out then fine but at least make the effort.

To me it looks bad on Ted decision wise but that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

This is a great piece of evidence. But depending on the things we accentuate, different people may come away with a different view. Everyone needs to listen to this for themselves.

Here's the highlights I got; I got them because they fit my theories 😂; so I could be operating with some bias. As Steve said, Chmura said Ted over reacted, I dont think this is true, here's why:

Chmura gave the reason why he thinks Ted is overreacting: Because he weakened the team going from Sitton to Taylor and the Packers are a final 4 team. In other words, Chmura is saying that it wouldn't be an overreaction if this was the #50 guy on the roster or GB was facing a 5-11 season. If the organization is in total array one can show a little favoritism to the best players; but if the gap in treatment is too great the team will fold like a house of cards in a tornado.

Chmura also said:

If this happened in '96, Sitton would not have been cut because the world is an "ultra sensitive" place now.

He said it may not have caused Sitton to get cut if he was with "Ravens" or Tennessee;" Sitton was let go in GB because GB is so "family oriented."

And he said he believed if McCarthy had final say, Sitton would not be cut. But of course Chmura is projecting his morals into McCarthy believing they are the same. But I just dont see Mike in the hot tub with some teenage girls.

Of course as Steve points out Ted made minimal effort to try to get a pick. So, whatever it was, Ted was so disgusted by it that he wanted Sitton out by 5PM that day.

What could fit all these things? Sitton made racial remarks. Was Twitterverse right again? If Sitton was causing racial discord on the team; then Ted 100% did the right thing

Also, unless a complaint was made to HR; the only way Ted would have known about a lockerroom incident is thru the Staff. If McCarthy thought it wasn't a big deal, he'd never had told Ted about it; so I think Mike was on board with Sitton being gone.

I hope it is this, eff Sitton and eff the Bears for not doing their do diligence. 62 shooting this weekend in Chicago, 13 deaths. If Sitton is a KKK gran cyclops, it will cause a shitstorm in Chicago.

I do have another theory of something that could have occurred on Saturday morning to freak out Ted, that Sitton might have been warned about before, that a player and coach might not find as offensive; that might have been more acceptable in '96: Ritual Hazing of the UDFAs that make the 53. Hawkins reported early Saturday that he made the team. So did Sitton hold him down, shave his balls, and leave him naked on runway 2 at Straubel airport? Meh, it's race related.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

This is a great piece of evidence. But depending on the things we accentuate, different people may come away with a different view. Everyone needs to listen to this for themselves.

Here's the highlights I got; I got them because they fit my theories 😂; so I could be operating with some bias. As Steve said, Chmura said Ted over reacted, I dont think this is true, here's why:

Chmura gave the reason why he thinks Ted is overreacting: Because he weakened the team going from Sitton to Taylor and the Packers are a final 4 team. In other words, Chmura is saying that it wouldn't be an overreaction if this was the #50 guy on the roster or GB was facing a 5-11 season. If the organization is in total array one can show a little favoritism to the best players; but if the gap in treatment is too great the team will fold like a house of cards in a tornado.

Chmura also said:

If this happened in '96, Sitton would not have been cut because the world is an "ultra sensitive" place now.

He said it may not have caused Sitton to get cut if he was with "Ravens" or Tennessee;" Sitton was let go in GB because GB is so "family oriented."

And he said he believed if McCarthy had final say, Sitton would not be cut. But of course Chmura is projecting his morals into McCarthy believing they are the same. But I just dont see Mike in the hot tub with some teenage girls.

Of course as Steve points out Ted made minimal effort to try to get a pick. So, whatever it was, Ted was so disgusted by it that he wanted Sitton out by 5PM that day.

What could fit all these things? Sitton made racial remarks. Was Twitterverse right again? If Sitton was causing racial discord on the team; then Ted 100% did the right thing

Also, unless a complaint was made to HR; the only way Ted would have known about a lockerroom incident is thru the Staff. If McCarthy thought it wasn't a big deal, he'd never had told Ted about it; so I think Mike was on board with Sitton being gone.

I hope it is this, eff Sitton and eff the Bears for not doing their do diligence. 62 shooting this weekend in Chicago, 13 deaths. If Sitton is a KKK gran cyclops, it will cause a shitstorm in Chicago.

I do have another theory of something that could have occurred on Saturday morning to freak out Ted, that Sitton might have been warned about before, that a player and coach might not find as offensive; that might have been more acceptable in '96: Ritual Hazing of the UDFAs that make the 53. Hawkins reported early Saturday that he made the team. So did Sitton hold him down, shave his balls, and leave him naked on runway 2 at Straubel airport? Meh, it's race related.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

As long as you are making up crap why not say Sitton called Ted Thompson gay? Ted was never married. That rumor has floated about the internet for a long time.

Justification? Sitton is upset he didn't get a new deal and always speaks his mind.

Making up stuff to fit your ideas/agenda is poor commentary. It shows a lack of scholarship and is such a demeaning and unprofessional way to communicate to another human being, beside being the last vestige of the defeated wit. It degrades the Packer fan in the eyes of the world.

UserPostedImage
musccy
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Did Masthay and Motrell make racial remarks too? Barrington? Burt Favre? I'm not saying it couldn't have happened, but we also have no evidence it did.

I acknowledge it's difficult not to conclude Sitton did something to piss off Ted and/or Mike. He dropped a pro bowler with no compensation in return. That's a very uncharacteristic move by Ted. However, whether it was fickle, legitimate, racial, or whatever we have NO clue right now. If Lang doesn't know what happened, Chmura sure as hell doesn't either. You're really going out on a premature ledge with this KKK/Bears didn't do their due diligence stuff when you, like the rest of us, have no clue what happened.
mi_keys
7 years ago
I have it on good authority that the reason Ted cut Sitton was that Sitton beat Ted in Settlers of Catan. See, Ted used to sit in on these games with the offensive line every so often assuming they would let him win every time he played. Sitton was tired of losing and broke this unspoken rule. Ted felt this undermined his authority so he acted decisively.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Barfarn
7 years ago

Did Masthay and Motrell make racial remarks too? Barrington? Burt Favre? I'm not saying it couldn't have happened, but we also have no evidence it did.

I acknowledge it's difficult not to conclude Sitton did something to piss off Ted and/or Mike. He dropped a pro bowler with no compensation in return. That's a very uncharacteristic move by Ted. However, whether it was fickle, legitimate, racial, or whatever we have NO clue right now. If Lang doesn't know what happened, Chmura sure as hell doesn't either. You're really going out on a premature ledge with this KKK/Bears didn't do their due diligence stuff when you, like the rest of us, have no clue what happened.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

We have "Evidence;" we have a clue; we just dont have proof yet. Murderers are convicted every day without a body or weapon [BTW, to your point, many wrongly].

Coincidences are like coin flips; they're random. Out of 10 coincidences close to 5 should point to bigotry and the rest not. When coin lands on heads 90+% of time, it means the coin is weighted; when 90% of things point to bigotry...I'm not saying, I'm just saying. This is how a circumstantial case is made.

You are supporting my circumstantial case as well!!!!!!!!!!

I provide each piece of evidence that NARROWS the possibilities and still points to bigotry. You bring up stuff like Mastay and Barrington and understate how Ted acted "uncharacteristic" when he actually acted unprecedented, flouting his total nature and way of doing business [McCarthy nor Ted made any preparation for the cut and I demonstrated how EASY it was for Ted to get a pick for Sitton and he said, "No, I want this SOB outta here by 5 PM!"]. This shows you have no evidence to deflect the reason was bigotry.

We have a clue, whatever it was, we know it was really bad!

Chmura said he knows; could be a lie, he could be sincere and wrong. He said we're ultra sensitive now, Sitton wouldn't have been cut in '96 for his infraction. That's evidence.

You can read Lang's emotions, have at it, but I dont know how you think that is reliable. I put more weight on what he SAID relative to the question asked. Did he misspeak? Maybe; but if not, Lang is a dick! And, watch this: Lang wont be talking like that anymore. He was told to stop it!

And again, if Chmura knows, so does Lang, right? Lang's upset, why, his best bud in the whole world is gone, right? If you buy that, how could you disregard that Lang knows why Sitton got canned. If you buy that Sitton didn't tell Lang, then what Sitton did was so bad he couldn't tell his best bud, right?

Black OLmen around the league are growing and many flourishing; but not a single one in GB. Sample is small so it could be a coincidence. Is it a coincidence?

Ever see Sitton in a pic embracing a black guy? How often did Sherrod, Taylor and Walker go hunting, bowling or out to dinner with the OL clique.

Here's another coincidence: Taylor sucked in KC against back-ups, 3 penalties and he's starting over Barclay? Compare that to what happens, when the NAACP starts screaming about a disparate % of white cops; they make a back guy asst. chief. The most racist State is Indiana, appointed one back guy to the supreme court and one to the court of appeals. Of all the options; a Black guy gets inserted in GB's OL. Coincidence? Or is Ted reacting to a letter he received or fears he'll receive from the US attorney about a civil suit from someone complaining about racial slurs in the workplace.
DarkaneRules
7 years ago
Are you punking us right now?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Josh Sitton knows why he was released. That means TJ Lang knows too, but TJ isn't a fool, he isn't going to say he knows and then not say what happened. He knows if he says 'Yeah, I know why and I disagree with it' that reporters and fans will hound him, hound him and hound him some more.

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
General Thompson did it, in the Board Room, with Pen and Paper.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (14h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.