DoddPower
7 years ago

Rodgers needs a reset. If it takes being called out in the press to get that done, so be it. Lang may be wrong about the sacks being Rodgers fault, but his main point of Rodgers holding the ball too long and needing to work on his timing is 100% correct.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

It's still unnecessary to state these things to the press. It's just going to create drama. Men would handle this face-to-face in the locker room and on the practice field directly. Crying to reporters and hoping that filters through to the QB or anyone else is a cowards way of going about things, imo.
yooperfan
7 years ago

What are your thoughts?'ll

Followed up later with ...

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The Packers offense is coming apart at the seams and McCarthy has no idea how to deal with it.
The offense is predictable and unimaginative.
Look at Aaron's face on the sidelines, he's pissed off and not having fun.
The offensive woes are not just a trend they are now the norm.
I have said for years that Aaron Rodgers was making Thompson and McCarthy look better than they are.
Now that Rodgers is off his game the chickens are coming home to roost.
It's time for change from the top down!
NOW, not in February or March!
I know, it's only the second game of the season, don't panic.
This has been brewing for a few years now, it's time for a shake up.
I don't expect any changes, I've been a fan for decades and I know change comes slowly in Green Bay.
I also know that change doesn't always work out for the best, but I think it's time for a major shakeup while we still have one of the best quarterbacks in the game.

DoddPower
7 years ago

The Packers offense is coming apart at the seams and McCarthy has no idea how to deal with it.
I have said for years that Aaron Rodgers was making Thompson and McCarthy look better than they are.
I don't expect any changes, I've been a fan for decades and I know change comes slowly in Green Bay.
I also know that change doesn't always work out for the best, but I think it's time for a major shakeup while we still have one of the best quarterbacks in the game.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I agree with you but also acknowledge this would be a very aggressive approach that would be uncharacteristic of the Packers management. I'm simply of the opinion that a team has to do whatever it takes to maximize the potential of a team with a great QB. At all costs. The Packers could be struggling for the next few decades after Aaron Rodgers. Sure, maybe Brett Hundley or someone else will be the next Farve or Rodgers, but that's unlikely, at least without some top overall draft picks (and even that's a crap shoot usually).

McCarthy has had long enough to make things right and the results haven't been good enough for several seasons now. Aaron Rodgers should have at least a handful of very good or better QB play left with the right system and supporting cast. Do whatever it takes to make that happen. I'm sure the organization is still confident in McCarthy, and perhaps they are right. I'm just not as confident, and there's plenty of evidence to suggest that recently.
Barfarn
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Sometimes ya keep the coach, sometimes ya keep the player. In this case ya keep the coach; because he will develop the next QB.

AND, if you keep the childish whining arrogant pouting debutante; then the next coach better do what Lord Aaron says or Rodgers will threaten to take his football and go home and we'll need to get another coach. Plus 52 other guys will start bitchin' and whinin' and pouting when somethin' happens they dont like.

Also, Lang's public comments come from a place of rage, not logic. Lang's comments represent the attitude of several others who know Rodgers lost the Minny game, not by his play, but by his attitude. Rodgers has committed treason, the highest crime in football. Lang's comments show that Rodgers has lost the respect of his teammates and they're sick and tired taking the blame for Lord Aaron's treasonous play. I've actually never heard of a lesser player calling out an icon type player. The problem is 100% Rodgers. The team being fed up with Rodgers' crap is something I warned of last year. It's here!

Child boy Rodgers needs to act like a man and do his job. Every Monday millions of patriotic Americans wake and go to work instead of doing what they want; BTW they do this for a heck of lot less than $24Million per.

Oh and just like Bart Star, Rodgers is not anywhere near one of the best QBs in the game anymore; ya gotta stop livin' in the past.
steveishere
7 years ago
Rodgers isn't just off he's playing like a bottom tier qb most of the time. He's flashing his spectacular ability time to time but he's consistently been just a really bad QB lately
Smokey
7 years ago

Sometimes ya keep the coach, sometimes ya keep the player. In this case ya keep the coach; because he will develop the next QB.

AND, if you keep the childish whining arrogant pouting debutante; then the next coach better do what Lord Aaron says or Rodgers will threaten to take his football and go home and we'll need to get another coach. Plus 52 other guys will start bitchin' and whinin' and pouting when somethin' happens they dont like.

Also, Lang's public comments come from a place of rage, not logic. Lang's comments represent the attitude of several others who know Rodgers lost the Minny game, not by his play, but by his attitude. Rodgers has committed treason, the highest crime in football. Lang's comments show that Rodgers has lost the respect of his teammates and they're sick and tired taking the blame for Lord Aaron's treasonous play. I've actually never heard of a lesser player calling out an icon type player. The problem is 100% Rodgers. The team being fed up with Rodgers' crap is something I warned of last year. It's here!

Child boy Rodgers needs to act like a man and do his job. Every Monday millions of patriotic Americans wake and go to work instead of doing what they want; BTW they do this for a heck of lot less than $24Million per.

Oh and just like Bart Star, Rodgers is not anywhere near one of the best QBs in the game anymore; ya gotta stop livin' in the past.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Not unlike the chicken that ran around the barnyard telling all that, "the sky is falling" , Barfarn would have us believe that #12 is responsible for all the Packers problems. That he alone has discovered, perhaps in a crystal ball , that Aaron Rodgers is sabotaging another Packer season .

With a record of 1 - 1 following two road games that ended in scores within 4 points or less , following the last minute loss of LG Josh Sitton , and the return of star WR Jordy Nelson from a devastating injury , patience and not panic should be the order of the day . New Packer TE Cook as well as the returning WR Nelson are only just beginning to get in sync. with Aaron Rodgers. Don't look for drastic improvement against the Lions on Sept. 25th either, these things take time to develop. Look for signs of that improvement Oct. 9th in GB against the Giants.

Last , you must be young indeed to disrespect a Legend like Bart Starr. The QB that lead the Packers to 5 NFL Championships (including the first two SB's) . Shame on you !
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
Interesting reading.😄

The only panic I see is the rantings on this site.

Shouldn't be any surprise, it happens every year when The Packers lose their first game of the season.

I'm pissed because I predicted The Packers to go 16-0 in the regular season.
Wrong again !

Here's a little advice.

Take what you think you know, subtract 99%, then cut what's left in half.

Sit back and enjoy the season!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DoddPower
7 years ago

Interesting reading.😄

The only panic I see is the rantings on this site.

Shouldn't be any surprise, it happens every year when The Packers lose their first game of the season.

I'm pissed because I predicted The Packers to go 16-0 in the regular season.
Wrong again !

Here's a little advice.

Take what you think you know, subtract 99%, then cut what's left in half.

Sit back and enjoy the season!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

You should hear my coworkers reactions when I tell them how some of the whiny Packers fans act on message boards. They find it hilarious, and usually follow it up with "Well, Packers fans are spoiled brats." They then usually follow it up with, "We'll gladly take Aaron Rodgers off your hands so you don't have to deal with him anymore!" These aren't casual fans only. Mostly 49'ers, Raiders, Cowboys, Chargers fans.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

You should hear my coworkers reactions when I tell them how some of the whiny Packers fans act on message boards. They find it hilarious, and usually follow it up with "Well, Packers fans are spoiled brats." They then usually follow it up with, "We'll gladly take Aaron Rodgers off your hands so you don't have to deal with him anymore!" These aren't casual fans only. Mostly 49'ers, Raiders, Cowboys, Chargers fans.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

When I say we're spoiled to go from Brett to Aaron, you jump my case, but it's okay for your co-workers? I see how you are! 😂

I think it's okay to be somewhat concerned over how Aaron Rodgers has played the last 14 games. I wouldn't for a second say I want him benched, in fact, I just traded Derek Carr (& Deangelo Williams) for Aaron Rodgers (& Jeremy Langford) in the OFFICIAL PACKERSHOME Fantasy League.

My only beef is the same thing I've been saying since the Chiefs game last season. He's missing open guys consistently and is not stepping into his throws. He's looking to scramble instead of looking to dump it off.

QB's as we all know have reads and progressions. If you know you're getting tanked, you dump it off shallow the drag route WR/TE/RB or whomever.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
I think Rodgers needs glasses.
He seems to think all his WR's are 9 feet tall and can catch a ball thrown 13 feet over their heads.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (20m) : Flag?
Martha Careful (20m) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (47m) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (16h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (16h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (16h) : fuck
beast (17h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (17h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (18h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (18h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (18h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (18h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (18h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (19h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (19h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (20h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (20h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (20h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
19m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.