sschind
7 years ago
I wish more coaches and players would set these idiots straight. The only reason the coaches and players are talking to them in the first place is because the NFL says they have to. No one ever says anything important and on the off chance a reporter does come up with a good question its not going to get a straight answer anyway.

Here are just a few questions I recall hearing during similar locker room interviews. Keep in mind I am going off memory here so I might not get the wording verbatim but the gist is there.

Reporter: you just passed for 700 yards and 8 touchdowns and you beat your arch rivals in the most important game of the season, do you feel good right now?

Reporter: You just threw 7 interceptions and fumbled 6 times and lost to the worst team in the league on national television and blew any chance of making the playoffs, do you feel bad right now.

Reporter: You just broke your leg in 9 places on a no gain carry on the first play of the first game in a season where you needed 1 yard to break the all time rushing record, are you sad?

Reporter (asked of a coach) : The team stinks right now, the RBs can't run, the WRs can't catch, and the QB can't throw the defense can't tackle and you couldn't call a decent play to save your life. What are you going to do to change it.

actually that last one was a pretty good question so chances are we will never hear it asked.
nerdmann
7 years ago

With some of the ways you people talk about McCarthy, you guys should be praising Aaron for calling the coaching staff out.

But he seems more pissed at the media and the bullshit. But the truth is we want the bullshit. Aaron, to me, seems to want to defend his team and I say good for him. An example of a LEADER, mind you. The water thing seemed like he was half joking around, but ofcourse you estrogenic men read into it.

Aaron Rodgers will be back. Brett Favre called out BS in press conferences too, so I'm not worried.

Originally Posted by: The_Green_Ninja 

A leader has good fundamentals and does his job. Aaron is essentially pulling a Jay Cutler.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
7 years ago

I saw it on the TV news......a FAVOR to the coaches????
They are your BOSS you idiot!!!
If he tells you to throw a wet ball, you don't piss and moan about it, you DO IT!
I mean, really.....it's not like they asked the guy to do something NOT in his "job description" as an NFL QB.
Next, during a game, he will be expecting a guy to come out with a blow dryer to dry off the wet football.
I think our QB is getting too big for his britches.
He's playing like crap, period. Overthrowing guys, passing up open receivers, and generally looking like Jay Cutler. He needs to start producing on the field.
Part of his job is answering questions from the media. And when he's playing like crap and is called out for it, MAN UP! Don't act like a whiney baby and get all snippy.
He needs someone in the Packers front office to chew him a new one, and tell him to start acting like a grown man and not some prima-donna.
JMO of course.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

As a favor to the owners, maybe he could also execute the offense, or take a seat.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Porforis
7 years ago

I wish more coaches and players would set these idiots straight. The only reason the coaches and players are talking to them in the first place is because the NFL says they have to. No one ever says anything important and on the off chance a reporter does come up with a good question its not going to get a straight answer anyway.

Here are just a few questions I recall hearing during similar locker room interviews. Keep in mind I am going off memory here so I might not get the wording verbatim but the gist is there.

Reporter: you just passed for 700 yards and 8 touchdowns and you beat your arch rivals in the most important game of the season, do you feel good right now?

Reporter: You just threw 7 interceptions and fumbled 6 times and lost to the worst team in the league on national television and blew any chance of making the playoffs, do you feel bad right now.

Reporter: You just broke your leg in 9 places on a no gain carry on the first play of the first game in a season where you needed 1 yard to break the all time rushing record, are you sad?

Reporter (asked of a coach) : The team stinks right now, the RBs can't run, the WRs can't catch, and the QB can't throw the defense can't tackle and you couldn't call a decent play to save your life. What are you going to do to change it.

actually that last one was a pretty good question so chances are we will never hear it asked.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Try working in IT, where you have to deal with idiotic questions every single day and NOT get paid 7+ figures for it.
Tezzy
7 years ago
I could care less how any player answers questions other than it makes for great water cooler talk for us fans. Porforis made me think of a comment I used to pass on to junior developers. You can try and make software idiot proof, but they keep making better idiots. As a favor he owes his bosses anything? Hell no. If he thinks he is right then he should go forward with how he wants to manage his career. It is up to management to make a decision if they don't like how he is acting. Don't change Aaron, you already have one ring on your hand and I would like to see another. Does he need to improve from where he has started this season? Of course he does and has said as much. I will now wait for this next game to see what happens.

Win or lose I could care less what gets said to the media. I just want to see how their game changes week to week.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
nyrpack
7 years ago
when things dont go the way we all want , right away theres something wrong, if starks makes the 4th and one, if aaron gets the ball to adams without the great defensive play, if we had a punter who could occasionally pin in the oppenent, and it goes on and on, its not all on aaron as so many on here want to fingerpoint, ill take my chances any day with arod !!
jimmy b.
stevegb
7 years ago
I didn't think there was anything wrong with the interview, yeah he's cocky but to be as good as he is and to accomplish what he has I think you need a pretty high level of cockiness. At least he's honest about it all, I mean yeah he came off as a pretty big douche with the "as a favor" remark but it's obvious he doesn't like the drill and he's played in enough games to know what a wet ball would feel like so not sure why he'd need to be a part of it in the first place or why the drill would be run anyway, there seem to be much bigger issues then handling a wet ball. Although it was visible he is pretty frustrated about how things have been unfolding so far, offensively he/they haven't been very impressive. Seriously is davante adams dating MM's daughter or something?
blank
yooperfan
7 years ago

when things dont go the way we all want , right away theres something wrong, if starks makes the 4th and one, if aaron gets the ball to adams without the great defensive play, if we had a punter who could occasionally pin in the oppenent, and it goes on and on, its not all on aaron as so many on here want to fingerpoint, ill take my chances any day with arod !!

Originally Posted by: nyrpack 

If ifs and buts were candy and nut, every day would be Christmas!😁

DoddPower
7 years ago
I could care less how cocky, arrogant, rude, or dickish Aaron Rodgers is. None of that matters to me. He can be horrible person for all I care, as long as he's not doing illegal things. I just care about results on the field. I'm frustrated at his lack of results on the field, not his mannerisms. This guy is in a completely different world than you or I. It's not even close. He's a mega-millionaire and an international superstar. Who cares if he doesn't live up to your expectations of how he should act. You're free not to like him, but who cares. He doesn't. I don't. No one else really does. It's just an opinion. We all have em. So what.

Aaron, not that you will ever read this, but feel free to be the biggest asshole in the world. But just start producing on the field again. Haters are always going to hate. It's not possible to make everyone like you no matter how you act. So do your thing, get your head right, and produce on the field. We'll continue not being talented mega-millionaire superstars Monday morning quarterbacking on the internet about things we aren't capable of doing ourselves.
nerdmann
7 years ago

I could care less how cocky, arrogant, rude, or dickish Aaron Rodgers is. None of that matters to me. He can be horrible person for all I care, as long as he's not doing illegal things. I just care about results on the field. I'm frustrated at his lack of results on the field, not his mannerisms. This guy is in a completely different world than you or I. It's not even close. He's a mega-millionaire and an international superstar. Who cares if he doesn't live up to your expectations of how he should act. You're free not to like him, but who cares. He doesn't. I don't. No one else really does. It's just an opinion. We all have em. So what.

Aaron, not that you will ever read this, but feel free to be the biggest asshole in the world. But just start producing on the field again. Haters are always going to hate. It's not possible to make everyone like you no matter how you act. So do your thing, get your head right, and produce on the field. We'll continue not being talented mega-millionaire superstars Monday morning quarterbacking on the internet about things we aren't capable of doing ourselves.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

That's true and I agree.

But have you ever met Bart Starr? He held the door for my dad in a business meeting. Didn't have to. Showed respect anyway.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (22h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (22h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.