nerdmann
7 years ago

Was also not impressed with Davante yanking his hands back from that rocket from ARod that almost got picked off (3Q?). Would have been an insane catch because he just didn't have the time, but you can't let balls just fly past you unchallenged.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

My take is that the ball was so overthrown, that he thought it was to someone behind him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
7 years ago

My take is that the ball was so overthrown, that he thought it was to someone behind him.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yeah Davante is getting crapped on but the pass was the worst thing about that play by far. The guy caught every decently thrown pass and prevented INTs on 2 other stinkers.
Porforis
7 years ago

Yeah Davante is getting crapped on but the pass was the worst thing about that play by far. The guy caught every decently thrown pass and prevented INTs on 2 other stinkers.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I wouldn't call a ball that he could have gotten his hands on severely overthrown. Thrown way too hard but easily could have gotten hands on it. Much easier to see on the replay they showed from the backside - can't immediately find a replay.
steveishere
7 years ago

I wouldn't call a ball that he could have gotten his hands on severely overthrown. Thrown way too hard but easily could have gotten hands on it. Much easier to see on the replay they showed from the backside - can't immediately find a replay.

Easily? No way, he may have been able to get his fingers on it but he was also fully extended jumping in the air. It's not like he went up for it and just decided to give up. The ball was thrown so badly he literally thought it was meant for someone else.
Porforis
7 years ago

Easily? No way, he may have been able to get his fingers on it but he was also fully extended jumping in the air. It's not like he went up for it and just decided to give up. The ball was thrown so badly he literally thought it was meant for someone else.

Sure we're talking about the same play? Where he jumped in the air, started bringing his arms up, got the tips of his fingers maybe six inches above his head and then yanked them back down? The ball was about 3 feet above his head.
steveishere
7 years ago

Sure we're talking about the same play? Where he jumped in the air, started bringing his arms up, got the tips of his fingers maybe six inches above his head and then yanked them back down? The ball was about 3 feet above his head.

Would have to rewatch it I guess but do you think he for some reason just gave up on it or thought it was thrown to someone else? My point is that I don't think he just "let it fly by unchallenged" I think he was trying not to interfere with the pass to someone else. If it was an easily catchable pass he would have tried to catch it. Was just a bad overthrow.
hardrocker950
7 years ago

Would have to rewatch it I guess but do you think he for some reason just gave up on it or thought it was thrown to someone else? My point is that I don't think he just "let it fly by unchallenged" I think he was trying not to interfere with the pass to someone else. If it was an easily catchable pass he would have tried to catch it. Was just a bad overthrow.

On that play I thought the same as many have said - the way the ball sailed way over his head, he probably thought there was someone behind him in better position to make the catch. Nobody wants to pull a Brandon Bostick.
Porforis
7 years ago

Just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find a photo or video and didn't find it. I should start recording games again. Anywho, I very well could be wrong. Only got one look at the replay from that angle and it was a snap judgement - I thought it was catchable from a position perspective but it was thrown too hard. But semi-hard to judge since he didn't have his arms extended. Adams had an alright game, I think Rodgers had a less-bad game than people are making it out to be but we can all agree he needs to play better and he's still not pre-2015 Rodgers and that needs to happen in order for the Packers to be a serious postseason contender.
Barfarn
7 years ago

This play was at 7:48 1Q. Adams had a real nice game; he was open most of the night. I agree, with the way Adams turned around he thought the throw was going to someone behind him. It’s hard to tell exactly how high the ball was above his head when he could catch it, but I think he could have got both his hands on the ball. Pulling his hands down was probably more of a reaction, but it’s a reaction that shows he needs to improve his awareness. Read #1 was Cobb on a 1 line curl-in on right; read #2 was Adams on a 1 line curl-out left. Adams had to do a stutter-step to delay his move so his curl occurred a smidge later than Cobb’s, which would give Rodgers the time he needed to move from read #1 to #2. Adams should have known that the only receiver that could possibly get behind him that fast was Lacy, who lined up wide left and did a short out that Adams should have been able to see out of his peripheral vision. So Adams should have known that no one was behind him and he needed to do everything he could to catch or knock that ball down.

Adams also goofed-up on the Cobb TD, in his rush to get set he thought he lined up offside and jumped back just before the snap. On 8 targets he had 5 for 85 and 1 TD. He also had an 11 yard completion on 3rd and 10 [2nd Q 10:34] that was wiped out by a refs-ordered-to-keep-game-close holding call on Bak. Another positive play occurred at 4:31 2nd Q, Adams put a move on Jenkins, who grabbed him, this could have been a big gain. The holding was declined because Rodgers scrambled for 7 and a 1st. On the TD throw Adams did the perfect Chris Carter-push off, showing some real vet prowess. And on the OPI, Rodgers threw the ball too far inside and Adams did a great job playing DB. Also, it was very veteran slick the way he yanked the DB back and leaped out to get to ball first. If ref is not in position to see jersey stretch that could have been a completion if Adams caught the ball. His 3 targets missed were: the over the head play mentioned above, the INT at 3:13 2Q [the ball was thrown behind him and he was almost stopped, Adams should have anticipated an INT and fought to prevent one, he needed to be more like a DB than WR] and Adams was WIDE open in Middle for 20 yards [4Q 12:24- Rodgers threw ball behind Adams, who played DB well] and if Rodgers hits Adams in stride I think it’s at least a 40 yard gain.

Time to yank Dujan Harris off SF practice squad, Starks has to go. He has much less mileage than the average 30 YO RB, but most RBs don’t slowly lose it, they usually lose it all at once. First he runs like he has no tendons connecting his bones together. Also, he’s a fumble waiting to happen [4 last year]; he can’t so much as catch a cold anymore [he had 3 drops last year]; and he cant block anymore. At 3rd 6 at 12:09 2Q Starks made one solid blitz pick-up on pass to Cobb for 1st; but otherwise his pass blocking has been shabby to horrific. One play in Detroit; Rodgers moved him to left side and the LB on left blitz, but like a complete dumba$$ he tried to block a guy blitzing from right. He’s gonna get Rodgers killed.

Rich Rod is a disappointment; a drop and some bad to non Ed West like blocks.

At 2nd Q 2:47 Rodgers threw deep to Nelson, thought he threw into double coverage but on further review that was Janis’ CB. Janis had no business being within 10 yards of Nelson on that play. Same-ole’ Janis. Good news is that Janis may be concussion proof.

Springs reported eligible 2 x in 4th [Ripkowski run and next play], he had 2 great blocks though they were easy seal blocks v. a LB.

Hyde was great playing Woodson-like by covering the slot, supporting the run and blitzing, he made some $$$ tonight. I ask rhetorically, did Gunter even play? This is the mark of great CB play. Is he the best 4th CB in NFL? [Gunter gave up a 15 yard gain to OBJ that was wiped out by hold penalty and fell down once but Eli missed OBJ at 4Q 13:18]. And Rollins was good [only burned for 3 OBJ ins for 42yards]. Burnett/Dix both played a great game, though not too flashy; they executed their assignments flawlessly; Eli was looking deep all night. Brice played the dime safety w/ Burnett moving up to slot. Brice closed nicely on a INC pass to King on GB left sideline [1Q 4:30] and on OBJ [2Q 2:00] otherwise didn’t get his name mentioned [This is good whne playing deep safety]. Don’t know if it was Burnett or Hyde that blew assignment covering TE Adams on his 14 yard gain [4 Q 3;36].

The ILBs are a 3- headed monster. They’re the reason our run D is so awesome, we used to be lucky when one would get in on play, now there’s a lot of plays were 2 ILBs are wrapping up the RB. Finally, Thomas is getting the right # of snaps [41 of 54]. At 4:30 1Q Thomas covered WR Shepard and Eli looked and didn’t throw. And he was patrolling the middle on most of those 3rd and longs, causing Eli to dump off. Ryan is just getting better each week. Martinez [27 yarder to Tye] and Ryan [2Q1:27-long INC to Tye] did each blow one TE coverage. Ryan also was late reacting to screen to Perkins [3Q 3:58]. Thomas was late on a coverage of Rainey in flat because he was trying to avoid OBJ, this caused him to miss tackle and RB went for 18 [3rd Q 8:32] and couldn’t wrassle Tye to ground on a 5 yard out [4Q 5:10].

Seattle’s D was dominant in ’13 because they had 2 4-man waves of pass rushers. WE got 3 waves of OLBs. Fackrall in just 14 snaps, 2 tackles, 1 strip sack and I counted 3 more hurries [he was closest to Eli on that long INC to Tye] and 2 ST tackles.

Clark on his TFL [9:08 2q] made an unbelievable move. He line-up on left ear of center [0+ tech] and his gap must have been left A. He ran across center’s face to get into left A gap and play went right, he cut back behind center to make tackle with Hyde for -1; this is Aaron Donald type quickness stuff. Clark showed great power on the 3rd and 1 [3Q 9:09] when he blasted C Richberg a yard back of LOS. And he showed good hands picking up the fumble.

STs-YUCK. When we’re up by 2 scores and opponent is near midfield, quit all the movin’ around bullcrap; just set up for the return and be ready for a damn fake. Oh and stop the penalties. Crosby kicked poorly on kickoffs and someone else was so bad he must be forever schummed, that is, never spoken of again.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (18h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (19h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (22h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (22h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12m / Around The NFL / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.