hardrocker950
7 years ago
If picking late in the draft is the reason for the decline, then explain the Patriots. Their success is not based on just their draft - they do what Ted should do, and that is SIGN SOME PROVEN TALENT AND FILL THE FUCKING HOLES IN THE ROSTER!

Injuries play their part - but that could have been minimized had Ted gone out and made a deal or two so we had at least someone at CB with some experience. I had hope when he made a deal for Knile, but then went back to sitting on his hands and watching it all burn to the ground.

Does anyone seriously think we can't find a better GM?
nerdmann
7 years ago

One extra play in Colts and Atl games and we win.

and one ST TD and pic 6 [like Minnesota needed to beat a bad Ariz team] in Wash game and GB is 3 and 1 instead of 0-4 in last 4 games.

Now the rosters, talent and players are all the exact same in both scenarios. Regardless of being 3-1 under the alternate scenario, the team played like crap. But because we lost 4 Ted is a poor drafter; and if we won 3 of 4, Ted would be a genius.

There's way too much uffda-like wilda$$ irrational emotion. Dont look at stats, dont look at Ws and Ls...WATCH THE GAMES. Last year before Denver game Uffda said we'd go undefeated; now he says we wont win another. The GB media is a bunch of stooges, search their articles for the facts and question those to be sure there's no McSpinn-like objective; but for god sake dont absorb their idiotic opinions.

I'm still laughing about the WRs cant get open stoogery..😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

All true but the starting QB needs to throw to the open guy, accurately. And get the ball out in under 8 seconds.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Barfarn
7 years ago

If picking late in the draft is the reason for the decline, then explain the Patriots. Their success is not based on just their draft - they do what Ted should do, and that is SIGN SOME PROVEN TALENT AND FILL THE FUCKING HOLES IN THE ROSTER!

Injuries play their part - but that could have been minimized had Ted gone out and made a deal or two so we had at least someone at CB with some experience. I had hope when he made a deal for Knile, but then went back to sitting on his hands and watching it all burn to the ground.

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

Started out good; then you crashed and burned: The draft theory is seductive; but reality proves it ultimately WRONG. As Hardrock says, if that theory were correct, Jax and Detroit would be juggernauts; NE and GB also rans.

But, there is no better GM, because he gets it. Look at all the FA acquisitions Detroit and Jax have had. See that dont work either. Only difference between NE and GB is QB play; cant hold a GM and HC responsible for a great Qb suddenly changing and deciding he's so KING CRAP he can crap on his family and the staff, his teammates and the system.

The reason for the drop off due to injuries is not talent or more FAs; IT IS PRACTICE TIME. There isn’t enough practice time for the starters; let alone getting back-ups ready and forget the back-ups of back-ups. There should be something like one hour a day of extra practice for back-up players with less than 4 years experience.
Porforis
7 years ago

And what makes you think when we drop 10-15mil on a high end CB that he won't get injured like all our other ones?
steveishere
7 years ago
I don't think I'd blame drafting for what we're seeing. I think the biggest problem is we are getting very little from several guys with very large contracts and our depth for injuries is Undrafted guys and rookies. We could do for some medium ranged priced free agents I think where the young guys on the roster actually have some competition but if they step up and make the spot there is good experiences depth. I think our roster is getting a little too top heavy where it's devastating when a couple of those guys go down.
yooperfan
7 years ago

And what makes you think when we drop 10-15mil on a high end CB that he won't get injured like all our other ones?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Why do anti free agency people always go straight to the top of the pay scale when talking about FA signing?
That's not the only option.

beast
7 years ago

The Patriots have the best coach in the NFL and are a lot more disciple...

But I think you're mistaken about the Patriots... the Patriots sign guys cheaply... both proven AND unproven... and then adjust their systems to the talent of their players. It's rare that the Patriots go out and sign a proven talent for market value.

I believe all positions have the potential be upgraded... but I think it'd be harder than you seem to be suggesting to find a better GM. A lot of teams have tried very hard to find the best GM possible... and most have delivered worse results than Thompson. And that's with Thompson picking lower than most.

I seriously and strongly believe picking the right GM is a lot tougher than people think... why? Because so many people have completely failed at doing it. So it much be tougher than people think.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Could always just drop about 5 mil a year on a guy like Hayward
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Could always just drop about 5 mil a year on a guy like Hayward

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

and ignore that you have Sam Shields, Damarious Randall (1st round 2015) and Quinten Rollins (2nd round 2015) on the roster? The secondary was a spot we (and this goes to a LOT you folks) thought was going to be the strength of the defense. The funny thing about injuries, you can't predict you are going to get depleted a position and math says you can't load up on every single position.

If we had matched the 3 year $15,300,000 contract, I wouldn't have been upset, but I know many fans would have bemoaned the whole Sam Shields, D. Randal and Q. Rollins AND investing into a CB who had hamstring issues and didn't show he could play anything other than the slot.

Besides, it won't matter until we have a defensive coordinator that adapts scheme to players, instead of players to scheme, it won't matter if we have 11 first round draft picks on defense.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago

and ignore that you have Sam Shields, Damarious Randall (1st round 2015) and Quinten Rollins (2nd round 2015) on the roster? The secondary was a spot we (and this goes to a LOT you folks) thought was going to be the strength of the defense. The funny thing about injuries, you can't predict you are going to get depleted a position and math says you can't load up on every single position.

If we had matched the 3 year $15,300,000 contract, I wouldn't have been upset, but I know many fans would have bemoaned the whole Sam Shields, D. Randal and Q. Rollins AND investing into a CB who had hamstring issues and didn't show he could play anything other than the slot.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Its hindsight for us and foresight for staff; but dont forget that now we know how good Gunter, Hyde and Goodson were as CB's # 4, 5 and 6. Was there a better #4 CB in the league than Gunter, a better #6 than Goodson, I doubt it.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (2h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (3h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (6h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (6h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (6h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (22h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (22h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (22h) : fuck
beast (23h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (23h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.