wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Ted just signed Jared Cook this year.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yep he sure did. Like Peppers just the type of FA he always signs. One that no one else wants and has no restriction implications on him. Look I did not object to signing Cook. I also did not expect much from him either. I haven't been surprised by his production this season. Where are the other FA signings from previous years? Gunter? Thomas? An organization needs to build its team from all the options available. Clearly Ted can't or won't.
UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
7 years ago
Now that everyone is done picking my initial post apart and putting words in my mouth, I see at least some get it. Cook was one of the few good signings we have seen from Ted. Peppers was worth a shot, and early on in his contract - he was productive.

What has he done this season to help this team once guys started going down? Knile, the 4th string running back? He did absolutely nothing before the trade deadline with our secondary decimated. I am pretty sure most GMs with cap space would have the brain power to think "hey, our secondary sucks because we are injured beyond belief. I bet I could sign a couple of guys to help our historically bad defense."

buckeyepackfan
7 years ago

So then you agree that Ted and Mike are average at best.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

The packers get rid of their "average at best" GM and HC, there will be a long list of teams who will be fighting to hire them.
Why, because they are both better than most already in the league.

"Be careful what you ask for" say every Philadelphia Eagle fan after they jettisoned Andy Reid.

Hell Chip Kelly will probably be available after the season The 49r's are having, maybe The Packers and The 49r's can just trade Head coaches!

I'm sure that will make everyone here happy!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
It's easy to say the Packers should have signed a someone, yet, not name any names whatsoever. That kind of comes off like you don't really understand how rosters are a wicked balancing act.

What has he done this season to help this team once guys started going down? Knile, the 4th string running back? He did absolutely nothing before the trade deadline with our secondary decimated. I am pretty sure most GMs with cap space would have the brain power to think "hey, our secondary sucks because we are injured beyond belief. I bet I could sign a couple of guys to help our historically bad defense."

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

As for this here, well, how do we know there weren't setbacks or just took longer than expected to heal? Do we forget that these athletes are human? Besides, there are limitations to a roster and you can't just cut, add, cut, add players willy nilly.

The secondary isn't even the problem in this defense. We could have Deion Sanders and Darrell Green and the secondary would still get torched because the defensive front seven is not getting any push or pressure!

We all agree, football starts and ends at the line of scrimmage. Your OL is solid, you can run and pass more efficiently. Your DL stays disciplined and gets pressure, your secondary is rarely spoken about.

What the Packers have is a very undisciplined team and that is on the head coaches shoulders. Not the talent. Not the injuries. The head coach!

I don't know. I just don't understand how some can act so all knowing about adding players when it's so obvious we don't know hardly a damn thing, so why get so bent out of shape and looking silly pounding your chest as if you are somehow privy to any more details than the headlines you've read?

I suppose, that is why we are fans and as fans ... whining and complaining is our inherited privilege, lol.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago

Yep he sure did. Like Peppers just the type of FA he always signs. One that no one else wants and has no restriction implications on him. Look I did not object to signing Cook. I also did not expect much from him either. I haven't been surprised by his production this season. Where are the other FA signings from previous years? Gunter? Thomas? An organization needs to build its team from all the options available. Clearly Ted can't or won't.

Christine Michael.

If you wanna bitch about talent on the field, bitch about the trainers.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
hardrocker950
7 years ago

Christine Michael.

If you wanna bitch about talent on the field, bitch about the trainers.

I have to agree with this to an extent. It goes hand in hand with my complaints about Ted. If they aren't finding ways to keep the guys healthy, and Ted isn't going the extra mile to fill spots when guys go down - it is a really bad situation.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

I have to agree with this to an extent. It goes hand in hand with my complaints about Ted. If they aren't finding ways to keep the guys healthy, and Ted isn't going the extra mile to fill spots when guys go down - it is a really bad situation.

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

This sort of comment comes off as if there is a massive abundance of talent at any single position. What position in the NFL can you honestly say there are 32 or more viable starters in the NFL? I think WR is probably the closest and that's going to be a stretch. You talk about RB's, there are maybe 12 - 16 that are reliable and good and we're going to blast the Packers for not being able to replace one of (Eddie Lacy) those 12 - 16 with another? The same goes for the other positions.

Just because you (or any of us) don't see what the Packers are doing, that does not mean they are not going the extra mile.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

The packers get rid of their "average at best" GM and HC, there will be a long list of teams who will be fighting to hire them.
Why, because they are both better than most already in the league.

"Be careful what you ask for" say every Philadelphia Eagle fan after they jettisoned Andy Reid.

Hell Chip Kelly will probably be available after the season The 49r's are having, maybe The Packers and The 49r's can just trade Head coaches!

I'm sure that will make everyone here happy!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

You don't have to be angry because the Packers are failing and I merely mention it.

There re certainly a lot of lousy GMs and coaches. I already said that but there are some pretty decent ones too.
Instead of mentioning Eagles or 49ers why not mention the success that Kubiak broth Denver, Arians has given to AZ, Caldwell in Detroit along with their corresponding GMs?

Ted and Mike are not horrible but without a solid Rodgers carrying the load the team and organization looks pretty weak and not just this season. That makes them look suspect if they can't excel without Aaron.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago

You don't have to be angry because the Packers are failing and I merely mention it.

There re certainly a lot of lousy GMs and coaches. I already said that but there are some pretty decent ones too.
Instead of mentioning Eagles or 49ers why not mention the success that Kubiak broth Denver, Arians has given to AZ, Caldwell in Detroit along with their corresponding GMs?

Ted and Mike are not horrible but without a solid Rodgers carrying the load the team and organization looks pretty weak and not just this season. That makes them look suspect if they can't excel without Aaron.

No team can excel if their QB is unwilling to throw to the open guy and instead holds the ball for 8+.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
yooperfan
7 years ago

No team can excel if their QB is unwilling to throw to the open guy and instead holds the ball for 8+.

Then the GM and head coach should be fired for not holding that QB accountable.😝
And if the training staff is a problem regarding injuries and the GM and HC don't hold them accountable, they should be fired for that as well .

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.