Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 6:48:03 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

I am trying to keep a positive note on this kid.. but...

Quote:
# DT Justin Harrell suffered a knee sprain in practice on Thursday and is questionable for the game. "We're being smart with him today," coach Mike McCarthy said. "(Team doctor) Pat McKenzie looked at him this morning. He has a knee sprain. I haven't got the information on how his rehab went and so forth. So we'll test him through today, and I'll have more information by tomorrow" [img_r]http://www.amdeq.ca/fournisseurs/images/logo/logo_Humpty.jpg[/img_r]
# On whether the injury will keep Harrell out: "I'm hopeful not. Based on the conversation this morning, I'm leaning more towards that he would play. But we'll see how everything went today."
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline dfosterf  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 7:00:30 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 435

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

Quote:
# DT Justin Harrell suffered a knee sprain in practice on Thursday and is questionable for the game. "We're being smart with him today," coach Mike McCarthy said. "(Team doctor) Pat McKenzie looked at him this morning. He has a knee sprain. I haven't got the information on how his rehab went and so forth. So we'll test him through today, and I'll have more information by tomorrow"
# On whether the injury will keep Harrell out: "I'm hopeful not. Based on the conversation this morning, I'm leaning more towards that he would play. But we'll see how everything went today."

GTFO...

I speak McCarthy, so let me translate:

"He has a knee sprain."
Translation: The grounds crew have been sent out to find his shin, ankle and foot... the knee, however, is still attached.

"I'm leaning more towards that he would play, but we'll see how everything went today."
Translation: On first blush you would think Mike McCarthy is referring to JH's treatment... nope- he's referring to whether or not the grounds crew finds all of the parts referred to in the first translation. You will recall that the last time JH was just about ready to take the field, approximately 20 seconds before his first return to practice...they instead operated on him, in order to "speed his recovery." Now, that was a Ted Thompsonism, and I don't speak that language. Unreal.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Packnic  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 7:08:16 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

Quote:
# DT Justin Harrell suffered a knee sprain in practice on Thursday and is questionable for the game. "We're being smart with him today," coach Mike McCarthy said. "(Team doctor) Pat McKenzie looked at him this morning. He has a knee sprain. I haven't got the information on how his rehab went and so forth. So we'll test him through today, and I'll have more information by tomorrow"

GTFO...

I speak McCarthy, so let me translate:

"He has a knee sprain."
Translation: The grounds crew have been sent out to find his shin, ankle and foot... the knee, however, is still attached.

"I'm leaning more towards that he would play, but we'll see how everything went today."
Translation: On first blush you would think Mike McCarthy is referring to JH's treatment... nope- he's referring to whether or not the grounds crew finds all of the parts referred to in the first translation. You will recall that the last time JH was just about ready to take the field, approximately 20 seconds before his first return to practice...they instead operated on him, in order to "speed his recovery." Now, that was a Ted Thompsonism, and I don't speak that language. Unreal.

very nice
blank
Offline dfosterf  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 7:35:11 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 435

Packnic--

I know you have to defend a lot against the TT/MM bashers, so you might have taken my post a little wrong. Mine was fatalistic and/or Gallows humor. Not sarcastic. Sarcastic are those that would have posted the exact same thing, but not coming at it from the perspective of a TT, Mike McCarthy or for that matter, JH supporter. I am a big fan of all three. We have been having a conversation the past few days about Mike McCarthy and his press conferences, and have been discussing his "close to the vest" nature as regards injuries, and his reporting/non-reporting of them. Of course I wish the best for Justin, and wish his speedy return to the field, as in this Sunday. I hope this clarifies and not further anger. This is not good news.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline dhpackr  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 7:45:28 PM(UTC)
dhpackr

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 36

two words, greg olsen
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 7:59:39 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

To this date.. Greg Olsen hasn't been a real factor either.. but your premise has validity.

Now Ben Grubbs or Jon Beason.. albeit hindsight.. Grubbs was a player coming out though..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Bigbyfan  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 8:34:42 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 81

I wish we traded half our team to move up in the draft and pick Adrian Peterson :reindeer:
blank
Offline longtimefan  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 9:24:17 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

#$%^*^%*^(*R

e454%^^*%*&^(

$#^*(*^$%$#

!@#%$~~%^*&((

Damn that felt good to finally say that
Offline arrowgargantuan  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 9:59:14 PM(UTC)
arrowgargantuan

loser.
Offline JNelson87  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 10:12:23 PM(UTC)
JNelson87

I'm losing all hope in this guy. I kno he has the skills to be a good ball player but damn, if u cant stay healthy, you're nothing.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 10:36:34 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,988
Applause Received: 2,283

two words, greg olsen
Two words, Dumb Ass.

:cyclopsani:
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline MattG04  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 11:06:08 PM(UTC)
MattG04

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Silver: 2009

cut him, now.
blank
Offline bozz_2006  
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:27:04 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

good grief.
UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:38:19 AM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 319
Applause Received: 265

I'm losing all hope in this guy. I kno he has the skills to be a good ball player but damn, if u cant stay healthy, you're nothing.

Exact same reason Thompson gave for cutting that running back...you know, what's his name...DeShawn...DeShawn...

The main difference appears to be Wynn wasn't a first round draft pick...
UserPostedImage
Offline bozz_2006  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:17:17 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

yeah, and that's a pretty good reason.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed