luigis
7 years ago
Once again the NFC North is at home, it wasn't a beautiful game, two bad defenses, the better QB won the duel.

The Glass Half Full:

- A. Rodgers: Sharp, very. He is playing a precision game and he is getting better and better. NY has a much better secondary, it will be a challenge but I think Aaron is again his former self and then we are very hard to stop.
- G. Allison: Geronimoooooo, he looks like a polished possession receiver and not like a rookie, he reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin, it is a great weapon to our offense and it seems Aaron likes him.
- K. Brice: It is fun to see him play, its the defensive version of Aaron Ripkowski, he just hits people, always smashing against something, sooner or later this kid will produce a huge play.
- L. Gunter: Our best CB, completely unorthodox technique, strange movements, unconventional coverage, weird displacements. He is different and maybe because of that he is effective.
- M. Hyde: Maybe I'm hallucinating but I saw him covering receivers and he did it. It has to be a dream because we know he just can't do that.... or can he?
- Mike McCarthy: He called a beautiful game and he wasn't conservative in the 4th quarter which was really a nice thing to see. Well done coach!

The Glass Half Empty:

- D. Randall: Mercifully pulled by injury, he was getting torched in every single play, the defense didn't improve much without him on the field but at least it wasn't so egregious.
- M. Burnett: The guy without a position. He plays ILB right? No, he play FS right? I swear I saw him playing DE in one play. Why can't a guy with his experience help in coverage? Why is our secondary such a distaster? Why did Brice look so much better back there?
- J. Schum: What the hell? (:28) 10-J.Schum punts 18 yards to GB 35, Center-61-B.Goode, out of bounds.
- The whole DL: Again pressure was non existent, Stafford could do whatever he wanted to do and we were lucky he was having a bad day. If we want to pass the Giants we need to get to Eli if we let him be comfortable in the pocket it can get nasty.

New section:
Ha Ha Clinton Dix Hate-Watch: Not a nice game for my boy. In the first 3 quarters he avoided participating on several plays, that was really bad and sad, he sees the play, he just stands there without intending to help. It seems he is avoiding contact and I don't think he used to do that. Strange. In the 4th quarter without Randall and Rollins he actually helped in coverage, his speed was useful to break some pass plays so he did improve. Maybe the problem is what he is asked to do. I don't know.
Luis
steveishere
7 years ago
Morgan Burnett played a good game, there are so many other guys to add to that list that it's just ridiculous to have him on there. He was being used in coverage a lot even as a CB and I don't think he gave up a single catch.
Barfarn
7 years ago
I agree with Steve, Burnett played a nice game; at at least 3 different positions.

Dix goofed on that 3rd and 15 on Det's 1st TD drive. Gotta look at the play further, if he was single deep the play was bad; if he was playing halves that was really bad safety play.

Joe Thomas was amazing 3 great plays that I saw 'til his back went out.

McCarthy was no more or less aggressive than usual. GB passed on the last TD drive because Rodgers was executing the offense [checking to pass plays if the run is not there] and not being overly conservative. Normally in a playoff situation Rodgers under those circumstances tries to run out the clock, when he needs to just keep running the damn offense until the score is out of reach.

Rodgers didn't play as well as Minny game because he lost his patience a few times; but he stayed in the pocket nicely again. How he escaped Ansah for pass to Adams or got a pass off on that early snap, I'll never know.

Davante ended up with 997 yards...GOOD! All he had to do is drop one less ball. And maybe if he didn't spike that ball [what an ass], he would have had 1 or 2 more opportunities, plus it will make him easier to sign.

Ripkowski missed one blitz pick-up, but he can play running back; he is not just a FB.
Porforis
7 years ago
Hyde's been reasonably effective one on one with receivers a few times he's jumped in this season IIRC - I have hope that Randall will get better next year when he can actually line up against #4 and #5 WRs and progress from there, and certainly hope he's not seriously injured, but IMO Hyde's better at corner right now than Randall.
steveishere
7 years ago
Clay Matthews is going to be hungry since that Decker guy took his lunch and ate it, then probably took his lunch money too and bought himself something nice. I figured last weeks game tape could probably be thrown out since the Vikings LT is the worst starter in the league but I was hoping he'd still at least win a few pass rushes. Perry is a better pass rusher with 1 hand.
Porforis
7 years ago

Clay Matthews is going to be hungry since that Decker guy took his lunch and ate it, then probably took his lunch money too and bought himself something nice. I figured last weeks game tape could probably be thrown out since the Vikings LT is the worst starter in the league but I was hoping he'd still at least win a few pass rushes. Perry is a better pass rusher with 1 hand.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

He seemed to fly around the field like he used to when he was a consistent disruptor during the Minny game - Back to more or less the form he was earlier in the season this week. Injury or what? I don't get it.
steveishere
7 years ago

He seemed to fly around the field like he used to when he was a consistent disruptor during the Minny game - Back to more or less the form he was earlier in the season this week. Injury or what? I don't get it.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

He just doesn't beat guys 1 on 1 anymore. It's possible all the injuries have sapped too much of his athleticism and he doesn't have the size/strength to fall back on going against NFL tackles. He's probably ok as a LB type but I don't think he's a very capable Edge anymore and he's not nearly good enough at ILB to justify being the 3rd highest paid edge rusher. I don't know what is the best thing to do with him honestly. When healthy he's still an asset to the team but his contract blows for what he brings to the table.
nerdmann
7 years ago

He just doesn't beat guys 1 on 1 anymore. It's possible all the injuries have sapped too much of his athleticism and he doesn't have the size/strength to fall back on going against NFL tackles. He's probably ok as a LB type but I don't think he's a very capable Edge anymore and he's not nearly good enough at ILB to justify being the 3rd highest paid edge rusher. I don't know what is the best thing to do with him honestly. When healthy he's still an asset to the team but his contract blows for what he brings to the table.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Once that whole roids thing with Peppers and Neal blows over, maybe he'll get back on the juice.

I thought Rip missed two blitz pick ups, but Aaron got the ball out to him on one, so the play was salvaged for like 7 yards.

Hyde can play, but neither him nor Gunter are speed merchants. Eli is going to expose that.

Any word on Dorleant? If healthy I think he could be reliable. We had one more guy on PS who I thought showed something in TC, can't remember his name. Dorleant was also looking great as a gunner.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago
Half full is Aaron finally running for the first down. In the past it was so frustrating to see him have 10-15 yards in front of him only have him pull up and try to force the ball into a tightly covered receiver and end up with an incompletion instead of the 1st down.

Half empty all the freaking injuries.
UserPostedImage
RainX
7 years ago
I think they've got to throw Rollins on IR and promote or sign someone not to mention the other injuries. They've got CB Herb Waters and S Jermaine Whitehead on the practice squad for secondary depth. Waters is at least familiar with the defensive system since he was with the team through training camp and has been on the PS the bulk of the season. Since both Shields and Goodson went down, the CBs have been basically held together by chewing gum and rubber bands and they're gonna need some depth for the playoffs. After a scary neck injury like that with Rollins, and given his play, I think you just shut him down for the year.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.