Zero2Cool
7 years ago

I wouldn't go so far as to call him stupid, but he sure can make a person scratch their head at times.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

If we scratch our heads, then hopefully defenses are scratching their heads too and thus we have a coach who is less than predictable. Even if its for being silly.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

It's always something with you guys. McCarthy is seriously underapprecuated by you short sighted plebs, if it wouldn't pain me so I'd wish another 5 years of Mike Sherman on you.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

It's ok to point out a bad decision was bad, it doesn't mean you don't appreciate someone.
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago

Grasshopper, if you're going to be able to snatch the marble from the hand your reading comprehension must improve and you must stop comparing red apples to red hand-grenades.

First, There are bad decisions and those that are stupefyingly roundhouse stupid.

Second, In Seattle, after the Burnett INT there was 5:04 left and Seattle had 3 TOs, the game was not even close to being over; the Det. game was over if GB kneels x 3.

Third...you bet I was critical of the 3 runs in Seattle, but the object of the criticism was Rodgers, not McCarthy. Those 3 runs were not the product of McCarthy's offense or call; the 3 runs were the antithesis of Mike's offense. Those 3 runs were either called or not changed by Rodgers when Ray Charles could see failure was imminent. This was one example in a convincing portfolio of a 3-quarter-MVP QB choking in the 4th, not Mike being roundhouse stupid.

I also mused that McCarthy would be homeless, if not for football. It was [thought to be anyways] an amusing/interesting way of explaining this outrageous/egregious faux pas. It's like when guys have difficulty processing a playbook because they're dyslexic; it is not about them missing a random concept, there is a structural barrier interfering with their processing of a playbook. McCarthy is a freakin' genius; but he has a mental structural barrier that prevents him from seeing the obvious in some situations. Like when SF got an extra down on the CM3 OOB hit on Kapernick, calling time outs to aid the other team at end of 1st half; or some of his challenges.

McCarthy needs to hire or have another coach already on the staff, offer some of the obvious suggestions. Like someone could have said after Hyde INT, "Okay, if we kneel 3 times Det. will have about 7 seconds after the punt;" or "if you wait to call time out after they fail on 3rd down, we'll have :45 seconds to get in scoring position and have an extra time out."

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I knew you would retort with the 5 min crap.
Burning timeouts is burning timeouts.
Not going to rehash that whole frickin nightmare.
I will say this, 90% of NFL coaches would have done the exact same thing in Seattle.
Maybe just maybe Mike wanted to see what Kerridge could do in a real game situation. What if he would have broke through and had a nice gain. The kid might get a little more confidence.

Take what you think you know subtract 99% Then cut the remainder in half, that is what you really know.

When it comes to football knowledge ,If Mike McCarthy is stupid you are a complete moron grasshopper!

You and Uffda are going to have so much fun.
Gonna be entertaining this off season.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

I will say this, 90% of NFL coaches would have done the exact same thing in Seattle.
Maybe just maybe Mike wanted to see what Kerridge could do in a real game situation. What if he would have broke through and had a nice gain. The kid might get a little more confidence.

When it comes to football knowledge ,If Mike McCarthy is stupid you are a complete moron grasshopper!

You and Uffda are going to have so much fun.
Gonna be entertaining this off season.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Again, READING COMPREHENSION!

Maybe most coaches may have run X3 in Seattle [Read Herring!] But, the premise of the argument is that Mike is a genius and he knows better; HE DID NOT CALL THOSE SEATTLE RUNS!!! Please, listen or otherwise educate yourself: Mike trusts Aaron and there is a check to pass on every run play GB has!

If the issue is Kerridge's confidence, why put him in a situation that has 99.999% chance of failure?
And if he had a nice gain, so what, the game was over with 3x kneel.

The odds of a fumble were at least multiplied by 100; the odds of injury by thousands. And now we lost our #6 OLman and may have pupped a starter for 2017. Injuries occur; but to increase their odds is 100% unconscionable.

Uffda may not come back: after 6 2015 games he predicted GB going undefeated; at 4-6 didn't see us wining one; oh and one of my favorites Adams is too slow to be an effective WR. Guys like him make these crazy factless void of football acumen ramblings. If a few come true, they taught their unavailing genius; if not, they disappear in shame. And pop up again as...I dont know "Thorn-in-the-arse."
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
How is it remotely feasible for someone to be labeled stupid over a decision that someone doesn't know the intimate details of as to why said decision was made? Could we just say we don't understand the decision and on the surface the decision itself looks stupid rather than label someone as stupid? People really do not make sense to me. I'm pretty confident we all make stupid decisions and very confident that it doesn't mean we are stupid as a whole.

The nature of fans demanding perfection (in their own narrow minded perception of expectations) is mind boggling.

All I know is WE GET A HOME PLAYOFF GAME BITCHES!!

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
7 years ago

Det. has less than 10 seconds to score 2 TDs, which is impossible.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Highly improbable, yes, but not impossible. The Jets scored 10 points in zero seconds yesterday. Back in 2015, Peyton Manning once threw two touchdowns only nine seconds apart to defeat the Chiefs. So it can be done. As long as a single tick remains on the clock, the defense should never get complacent.
UserPostedImage
Rick12
7 years ago
If Mike was Fired believe me he would have a new HC job in about 2 or 3 days I feel he is not always right but a lot better the most !😟
Nonstopdrivel
7 years ago

to get him to 1000 yards on the season

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If there is one thing we've seen so many times over the years, it's that this is unequivocally not McCarthy's style. I can think of a half-dozen instances off the top of my head, a couple this season even, when a player was on the cusp of setting some significant personal mark, and McCarthy, not deeming it necessary to put the player back out on the field, simply shut him down. If he didn't care enough about individual accomplishments to let Rodgers break the franchise record for touchdown passes in a game, when he easily could have, McCarthy sure as hell wasn't going to run a play to Adams on the off chance it might get Adams to the millennium mark.

It's not like Adams had earned that consideration anyway: he had plenty of chances to wrap up that accomplishment well before this week rolled around, and he screwed them up repeatedly. (That's not to say Adams didn't have an excellent season -- he was a game changer -- but his end-zone drops sure were aggravating.)

Mike McCarthy is a team-first coach. All he cares about is winning the game, and he doesn't much care which players make the biggest impact. He definitely doesn't get caught up in the excitement of the moment and arrange his play calling to put any single individual players in the spotlight.
UserPostedImage
sschind
7 years ago

If there is one thing we've seen so many times over the years, it's that this is unequivocally not McCarthy's style. I can think of a half-dozen instances off the top of my head, a couple this season even, when a player was on the cusp of setting some significant personal mark, and McCarthy, not deeming it necessary to put the player back out on the field, simply shut him down. If he didn't care enough about individual accomplishments to let Rodgers break the franchise record for touchdown passes in a game, when he easily could have, McCarthy sure as hell wasn't going to run a play to Adams on the off chance it might get Adams to the millennium mark.

It's not like Adams had earned that consideration anyway: he had plenty of chances to wrap up that accomplishment well before this week rolled around, and he screwed them up repeatedly. (That's not to say Adams didn't have an excellent season -- he was a game changer -- but his end-zone drops sure were aggravating.)

Mike McCarthy is a team-first coach. All he cares about is winning the game, and he doesn't much care which players make the biggest impact. He definitely doesn't get caught up in the excitement of the moment and arrange his play calling to put any single individual players in the spotlight.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

I doubt nerd was serious when he made that suggestion but I do think Mike McCarthy is conscious of those things at times. Certainly he is not going to call a pass to Adams in that case but I do believe that if a player is close to a significant mark Mike McCarthy will try to do what he can to get him there within reason. He won't put a player in jeopardy or risk a game or really try to rub it in but I do think he would make an effort to try to accommodate such things if he could and it wouldn't change his philosophy too much. The problem with passing yards is if the guy ain't open he ain't open and even if the call is to him and he's covered there is only so much the coach can do. One thing he wouldn't do is tell Aaron to throw it to Adams no matter what to get him his yards but I could very easily see him calling a few plays that would be intended for Adams if he knew the situation. That's all anyone could ask or expect.

sschind
7 years ago
I was kinda wondering about that call as well but I wouldn't call Mike McCarthy stupid for making it. First of all, as Zero said, we have no idea why he did call it. Get a first down and Detroit never touches the ball again, I'd be willing to bet that is what he was thinking and he would be right. No chance for another 4th quarter comeback. They wouldn't have even needed a first down as three running plays would likely take an additional 10 seconds off the clock over three kneel downs.

I get what you are saying Barfan but IMO the only reason it was questionable is because of what did happen. 9 series out of 10 and probably more that's three runs into the line and go home.
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (3h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (3h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (6h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (7h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (9h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (11h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (16h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Random Babble / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.