Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
Pennel came off suspension on Monday and GB has 1 week to decide to add him.

Has anyone heard if he's practicing this week? And if he does rejoin who goes?

We were told Dorleant avoided serious injury, now he's on IR; i guess this time next week we learn his amputation surgery went well and they expect him to be faster after he recovers. Of course, Waters took his place.

Rollins could be facing IR around the corner as well; but he should be able to play in a week if the neck is okay.

Shipp, the guy who came when Pennel was de-rostered. has played 33 ST snaps and Elliot is practicing this week; but Thomas didn't practice today ad Shipp might be ready to play some ILB and Burnett wont be playin' any ILB anytime soon.

I say get rid of Starks, if we need a roster spot.

And Tillman wants to come, he tweeted in July "working out doesn't stop" and he looks good. If Peanut is serious and he has as much as a can of sterno left in the tank; we gotta take a look see.
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Pennel came off suspension on Monday and GB has 1 week to decide to add him.

Has anyone heard if he's practicing this week? And if he does rejoin who goes?

We were told Dorleant avoided serious injury, now he's on IR; i guess this time next week we learn his amputation surgery went well and they expect him to be faster after he recovers. Of course, Waters took his place.

Rollins could be facing IR around the corner as well; but he should be able to play in a week if the neck is okay.

Shipp, the guy who came when Pennel was de-rostered. has played 33 ST snaps and Elliot is practicing this week; but Thomas didn't practice today ad Shipp might be ready to play some ILB and Burnett wont be playin' any ILB anytime soon.

I say get rid of Starks, if we need a roster spot.

And Tillman wants to come, he tweeted in July "working out doesn't stop" and he looks good. If Peanut is serious and he has as much as a can of sterno left in the tank; we gotta take a look see.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

You mean Tripp, the guy you were touting awhile back? Ain't no Shipp on the roster. Would be ironic if we did have a Shipp on D...it would be sinking,

Ron Wolf would do something like sign Peanut. Peanut Punch is more appealing than the converted WR, Herb Waters. How we can roll into the playoffs with our secondary is scary. If you have a chance to add an old cagey vet what's the harm?

Pennel won't be needed vs. NY. If we face Dallas adding him and rotating him on the DL will be a must vs. that crap kicking OL they have in Big D.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
  • Barfarn
7 years ago

You mean Tripp, the guy you were touting awhile back? Ain't no Shipp on the roster. Would be ironic if we did have a Shipp on D...it would be sinking,

Ron Wolf would do something like sign Peanut. Peanut Punch is more appealing than the converted WR, Herb Waters. How we can roll into the playoffs with our secondary is scary. If you have a chance to add an old cagey vet what's the harm?

Pennel won't be needed vs. NY. If we face Dallas adding him and rotating him on the DL will be a must vs. that crap kicking OL they have in Big D.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Touting? 😁 Just said he has had no reps at ILb. This is the real problem, you argue dishonestly.

How do you know that Tillman is better than Waters? When 32 teams have not signed Tillman so hasn't played this year and he's 6 weeks from 36; and GB has not signed a 2nd CB to PS. This is the second problem. You focus on stuff that has nothing to so with the game. [EG Adams isn't fast enough Adams may still fail; but it wont be because he's not fast enough]

If Wolf would sign Tillman, so would Ted. They are the exact same person!

I dont think they can get Pennel ready for NY; in general you might be right about his need in NY, except he's indispensable in the 3rd and 4th and shorts.
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Touting? 😁 Just said he has had no reps at ILb. This is the real problem, you argue dishonestly.

How do you know that Tillman is better than Waters? When 32 teams have not signed Tillman so hasn't played this year and he's 6 weeks from 36; and GB has not signed a 2nd CB to PS. This is the second problem. You focus on stuff that has nothing to so with the game. [EG Adams isn't fast enough Adams may still fail; but it wont be because he's not fast enough]

If Wolf would sign Tillman, so would Ted. They are the exact same person!

I dont think they can get Pennel ready for NY; in general you might be right about his need in NY, except he's indispensable in the 3rd and 4th and shorts.

Yes. Touting. Not dishonest:

Barfarn Online Posted: 21 days ago
A scrap heap guy that will probably be gone when Martinez is healthy; but maybe not.

I loved the idea of Tripp in the '14 draft as a late round ILB. He was raw and athletic so you knew it'd take a couple of years; but you'd figure he'd justify his salary on STs until he could pull his positional weight.

He's been on 3 teams/3years and has been decent, not great, on STs, and obviously he's put nothing on tape as a LB for other teams to want him; but he's also been miscast, all the teams he's been on have been 4-3. He is not an MLB. So maybe he will show something more at ILB, we'll see.

Now, when we play Seattle in POs, in Seattle, well be able to heist intel from a D [Tripp] and an O [Michael] guy that played several games on Seattle this year.

I never said Davante wouldn't be good because of his lack of speed. I merely lamented his lack of speed and I preferred we had a field stretcher for once instead of WR's in the same mold all the time.

How do I KNOW Peanut would be better than Love Bug Waters? I don't. It's a reasonable assumption especially considering our 1st rounder from 2 years ago is TERRIBLE that our converted UDFA WR is far worse. I know, I know, Sammy Shields was just such a player a few years ago converted from WR to CB by the Canes and we gave him a shot and that worked so this will work just as well. Not saying you think that but I'll bet that sentiment is present here somewhere. :)

I do believe the "intel" Tripp gave us made all the difference in the blowout of the Hawks. We agree on something. 😍
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
  • Barfarn
7 years ago

Yes. Touting. Not dishonest:

Barfarn Online Posted: 21 days ago
A scrap heap guy that will probably be gone when Martinez is healthy; but maybe not.

Now, when we play Seattle in POs, in Seattle, well be able to heist intel from a D [Tripp] and an O [Michael] guy that played several games on Seattle this year.

I do believe the "intel" Tripp gave us made all the difference in the blowout of the Hawks. We agree on something. 😍

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

This is where most say, "sorry 'bout that" πŸ˜‚
Yes, dishonest, just now its squared!
Tout: "transitive verb to praise or recommend somebody or something enthusiastically"
"A scrap heap guy that will probably be gone when Martinez is healthy; but maybe not." is not touting. But, as of now Martinez is back and Tripp's still here.

And I never said Tripp helped beat Seattle. I said he'd help in POs, Tripp was signing AFTER we smoked the SeaGrapes [a team you "touted as the best" [maybe second best); but when packers smoked them they now have to be considered sucky to meet your various and ever moving agendas].

Happy now Buckeye? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
uffda udfa
7 years ago

This is where most say, "sorry 'bout that" πŸ˜‚
Yes, dishonest, just now its squared!
Tout: "transitive verb to praise or recommend somebody or something enthusiastically"
"A scrap heap guy that will probably be gone when Martinez is healthy; but maybe not." is not touting. But, as of now Martinez is back and Tripp's still here.

And I never said Tripp helped beat Seattle. I said he'd help in POs, Tripp was signing AFTER we smoked the SeaGrapes [a team you "touted as the best" [maybe second best); but when packers smoked them they now have to be considered sucky to meet your various and ever moving agendas].

Happy now Buckeye? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

You had to know I would notice what you didn't excerpt from what you posted. You LOVED the guy back in the '14 draft. You were touting him but hedging due to lack of evidence. You started a thread on a guy you loved. I posted from memory and then used the search feature to back up my memory. Calling me dishonest in my posting is dishonest posting.

You are right you didn't say he'd help with the regular season win at Lambeau. I saw you'd mentioned Michael along with him and knew he was on the roster back then and made a leap. Incorrect one. That game at Seattle is still on course, though. Seattle, although a horrible road team, can beat Atlanta or Dallas. So can we. Dallas is the most overrated team in recent memory. I watched all of their games save for the Monday nighter with Detroit and the Eagles closer. Dallas has one and done written all over them.

Oh, and I hope Buck is happy even though I'm back ruining his fun threads. I think he's still salty over the Buckeyes dismantling by Clemson.

UserPostedImage

beast
7 years ago

They signed Tripp and deactivate Pennel and then
Released Bradford and brought QB Callahan back up to the 53

So Callahan basically replaced Pennel's spot, since Tripp basically replaced Bradford.

But depending how long Starks and Rollins concussions go, they might need to go on the IR. But Starks hasn't really shown anything all year... now even before his first big injury.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
7 years ago
Glad to see Callahan back on the 53. We're fucked if Rodgers goes down one way or another, but I have more faith in Callahan coming in and maintaining a lead in the 4th quarter than Huntley.