uffda udfa
7 years ago
I'm not myopic in reference to my opinion on McGinn. Has he taken liberties before or even here? Perhaps. However, he is a well respected award winning journalist. You just use a Jerry Sandusky analogy? The lady doth protest too much.

Bob isn't just respected locally but nationally. His contacts among beat guys is legendary. You diminish him for what reason? Scholarly things that you can't possibly know but doesn't stop you from speculating and further libeling him?

Show me all the Weston Hodkiewicz critical pieces. Had he done what you wrongly allege, again, he would've been disqualified from employment at Packers.com the most feel good place on the internet! If you want to rip something based on "scholarly" criteria start and end there.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
7 years ago

I'm not myopic in reference to my opinion on McGinn. Has he taken liberties before or even here? Perhaps. However, he is a well respected award winning journalist. You just use a Jerry Sandusky analogy? The lady doth protest too much.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

"The lady doth protest too much."

Heck of an admission by you.

You no doubt realize the "lady" in Hamlet [Queen Gertrude] was speaking of her self in the third person. 😂 😂 😂 What a nimrod! 😂 😂 😂 and yes Queen Uffda, I do believe your over the top protests are a sign of your consciousness of guilt concerning your lack of sincerity in your arguments.
Nonstopdrivel
7 years ago

he tells it as he sees it.

Just because he calls it as he sees it doesn't mean he's right. McGinn's shtick is to be a contrarian. Always has been. I agree with him on some things, but the negative spin he puts on everything gets wearisome after awhile.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

The fascination for me is not his name.
The fascination for me is getting rid of Ted Thompson.
I don't care if the next GM is named Wolf, Smith or Johnson, as long as he's not named Thompson.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

So, you'd be okay with Tom Braatz or Mike Sherman as GM?
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Ha ha, Z. That wasn't his point but I get yours. Hope against hope that we don't have to deal with Buddy Ball.

I like these old threads being back. Some say every single thing Bob reports is a lie. I think we can see what agendas are in play.

Bob is a treasure. The only non puff and fluff. Journalists are a dying breed for a reason. You think Patriots nation is taking well that piece this AM? It's upsetting so it has to be false. See yourselves in some of their reactions. We'd all be better for it.

Starting to think someone here works in Packers PR.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

yooperfan
6 years ago

So, you'd be okay with Tom Braatz or Mike Sherman as GM?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Ouch!!!
Point taken, but if I thought it would go in the direction it's going I would have said not Ball.😁

Barfarn
6 years ago

Bob isn't just respected locally but nationally. His contacts among beat guys is legendary. You diminish him for what reason? Scholarly things that you can't possibly know but doesn't stop you from speculating and further libeling him?

THE PRACTICE OF SCHOLARSHIP AND HONESTY [Yea HONESTY] ARE REQUIRED:

FACT: According to McGinn multiple “friends” of Wolf and a “close friend” of Ted spoke to McGinn in a way that puts their “friend” in a negative light..

CONCLUSION: McGinn is a liar about these “sources” being “friends” and “close friends.”

ARGUMENT: A friend would NEVER say negative things about another friend to a reporter, let alone a known negative nelly like McGinn. These friends would understand that their published negative comments would bring public embarrassment to their friend AND THE FRIEND’s FAMILY and quite possibly harm that friend’s current or future employment prospects.

Now address my argument with SCHOLARSHIP or STFU.

[You spouted your opinion that McGinn has won awards and is negative on Packers, so he’s great and would never outright lie so to rehash this is boring and unnecessary. Address this argument or don’t comment on it at all]
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I would direct you to a topic I posted that isn't getting any action, not surprisingly.

Why is it everytime Bob writes an article that isn't flattering you dogmatically claim it's 100% false? You have as much proof that I do that it's true, that it's false. Yet, you go off half cocked...every single time, hollering it's all a lie? What are you trying to defend? It isn't the truth you care so much about, so what is it?

You read my topic and answer why every single time Bob posts something you deem unflattering it's always. LIES! 100% FALSE. FABRICATION, etc. That is your pattern. Believe the fluff and decry the veggies. Eat your vegetables...they're good for you. Everyone likes the guy serving pie...but you need to eat your veggies or you're going to be one unhealthy individual. Profound. I hope it resonates.

EDIT: Scholarship? You predicate your argument on "a friend would never..." Oh, your issue is with the the word, not what Bob reported? We've all had friends and been friends with someone who has said bad things about their "friend". I've found out hurtful things said by friends and I've said a share of my own. You can argue in your world, I guess, that a true friend would never do such a thing as that's what a friend denotes, someone who would never say anything bad.

Next we have to define what is negative or bad...Is it bad or negative to tell someone you were concerned about your friend who seemed to be suffering dementia, was foggy, couldn't focus, etc? What is so horrible about that. When I was very sick, I had people talking about me all over the place. I was hot news...Oh, my...he has "x" wrong with him. Oh, no. That is caring and concern not negative. You have weird perceptions of what is considered bad form between friends. I expect my friends to tell me the truth..and some do...some don't. I appreciate the ones who will tell me unpopular things. I also appreciate the ones with hearts of gold who would never say anything bad about me and would do anything for me. Life isn't perfect nor are me you or anyone else. We all talk out of school from time to time and it's a bad quality within us all. Shoot, Kevin doesn't even want us talking about health. I see no issue whatsoever...Am I mean and him not? No. Just different perspectives. Ultimately, your sensibilities were offended, not the truth. However, you framed it as lies when it isn't lies but "could" be considered bad form.

Can you answer me now? What is it you're trying to protect? You seem to have a heavier dose of organizational love than most. You will rip Aaron Rodgers but you've time and time and time again defended 1265 like it's your child. Why? What is your connection there? Will you answer? I don't think so but it's clear you either have some legit connection or you have some very weird quirk where you feel overly protective of the mother ship and I'd just like to know...why?
UserPostedImage

beast
6 years ago

I would direct you to a topic I posted that isn't getting any action, not surprisingly.

Why is it everytime Bob writes an article that isn't flattering you dogmatically claim it's 100% false? You have as much proof that I do that it's true, that it's false. Yet, you go off half cocked...every single time, hollering it's all a lie? What are you trying to defend? It isn't the truth you care so much about, so what is it?

The same reverse question can be asked about you, why is that you think every pro-Packers article is 100% false and every McGinn article 100% true? ... because you're lack objectivity and just as biased as the people you're complaining about.

Fact is, that (probably) none of them are 90% right or 90% wrong... the truth normally is someone in the middle about people keep going to the extremes.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

…topic I posted that isn't getting any action…

…everytime Bob writes an article that isn't flattering you dogmatically claim it's 100% false…You have as much proof that I do that it's true… you go off half cocked...every single time, hollering it's all a lie…

…Believe the fluff and decry the veggies. Eat your vegetables... the guy serving pie...but you need to eat your veggies…Profound…

your issue is with the the word, not what Bob reported?

I've found out hurtful things said by friends and I've said a share of my own...a true friend would never do such a thing as that's what a friend denotes, someone who would never say anything bad…tell someone you were concerned about your friend who seemed to be suffering…When I was very sick… I had people talking about me all over the place… I was hot news...caring and concern not negative.

…You have weird perceptions of what is considered bad form between friends. I expect my friends to tell me the truth… I appreciate the ones who will tell me unpopular things…We all talk out of school…,it's a bad quality…

The topic was addressed! It was expressed that if Wolf is whining that GB is enforcing the CONTRACT between them; then Wolf is an idiot and patently unworthy.

But, I don’t think Wolf is an idiot. And I’m not a McGinn sycophant lemming; fawning over him like a 14yo 1960’s schoolgirl Beatles’ fan that shrill screams, shakes to the point of fainting.

The argument is about McGinn purposefully misrepresenting the identification of a SOURCE; not the use of a word over content. Such misrepresentations prove his article was written in bad faith. McGinn engages in misrepresentations because he knows his story cannot be supported with an honest representation of the truth. This disqualifies the article from credibility; well to any HONEST and rational person it does.

The counterargument despicably employed a strawman to frame my scholarly argument as concerning “bad form between friends.” Though it ceases to be between friends, when one party talks to McGinn. Right?

Lastly, the counter acknowledges that revealing private info amongst friends is "bad form;" but failed to address how egregious it would be to give this info to a reporter hostile to your friend. Google “Bob MCGinn” and “Friend” and you‘ll see McGinn identified “friends” as sources ALL THE TIME. How does McGinn get all these “friends” to act in egregiously bad form? Answer: he doesn’t; he just lies about who his sources are or he’s a Stephen Glass clone and imagining them.

My powerful uncontroverted argument could not be countered with simple logic and scholarship. Instead, even with edits, a flailing diarrhea of irrelevant topics was puked on the page raging from vegetables, to Rodgers, to Kevin, to pie servers, to your sickness being big news. That plus the ad hominems, strawmanning and equivocations constitute an ADMISSION and AGREEMENT that McGinn did literally misrepresent the identity of his SCOURCES.
Fan Shout
beast (12m) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (19m) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (27m) : fuck
beast (1h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (1h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (1h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (2h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (2h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (2h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (2h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (2h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (3h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (4h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (4h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (4h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (4h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.