blueleopard
7 years ago
I'd disagree with that. There were plenty of occasions where he was sent out deep and if Aaron wanted to, he could've aired it out. But Jordy going deep nowadays is just a decoy to hit Adams or Cook.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
beast
7 years ago

Mike and Mike is a sports talk show,mpretty sure.

I'd say...sign Abbrederis! Oh shit!

Jordy didn't have speed to get deep anyway. He never did, but he had enough to get deep on double moves and pump fakes. Now he's a possession guy, which is why they've been lining him up mostly in the slot. He's basically a glorified TE like Boldin in Detroit.

They've been lining Davante up outside, also recently Gmo.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yeah I know what Mike and Mike is ... but they're a talk opinion show with half of them not knowing a thing about sports... not a news breaking show... at least not by themselves. Either they're just speculating or someone else broke news... I wasn't sure which.

No Nelson at times still had his normal speed back... it wasn't consistent but he could still get up field in a hurry and make a good cut for a route and lose the DB at times.
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
7 years ago
NYG has the best secondary out of all the teams left in the post-season, and we dropped 38 on them without Jordy Nelson.

It's a blow, but this shouldn't be an excuse if we do get knocked out of the playoffs. Aside of a head-scratcher on 4th down, McCarthy has been excellent with the playsheet.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
sschind
7 years ago

NYG has the best secondary out of all the teams left in the post-season, and we dropped 38 on them without Jordy Nelson.

It's a blow, but this shouldn't be an excuse if we do get knocked out of the playoffs. Aside of a head-scratcher on 4th down, McCarthy has been excellent with the playsheet.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

I was about to say the same thing. Yes it will be much better if we have him on the field but if we lose next Sunday I do not think it will be because Jordy Nelson was not in the lineup.
Porforis
7 years ago

I'd disagree with that. There were plenty of occasions where he was sent out deep and if Aaron wanted to, he could've aired it out. But Jordy going deep nowadays is just a decoy to hit Adams or Cook.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

But it doesn't fit the "Rodgers just dances around and heaves it deep and it hurts the team" message. People want an Eli Manning.
beast
7 years ago

The Cowboys are said to have a much worse defense... so I think the bigger question is how many mistakes the offense makes. In theory the Packers offense should dominant the Cowboys defense...

I think the key to this game is to
1) Score points (as always) and 2) Get the defense as much rest as possible...

The Packers defense will wear down if they're on the field too much... the Packers offense needs some long scoring drives that give the defense some rest and recovery time (that or score the very next play after the Cowboys score... to take away any momentum that might of gotten from that score).
UserPostedImage
Smokey
7 years ago
I guarantee that if Nelson returns to the field against Dallas, some CB is going to be laughing as he keeps poking Jordy in his injured Ribs.

Rest the good man and target others like TE Cook or WR Cobb ! Also is will be important to RUN THE ROCK !

[cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

UserPostedImage
mi_keys
7 years ago
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-daily-news-story/article-1/Jordy-Nelson-has-a-chance-to-play-vs-Cowboys/a1f0b29b-92f9-42d8-856e-47313b83e798?campaign=sf50130178_FB_C-Content-GB_CT-Stories-GB_sf50130178 

Packers website reporting there is a chance Jordy plays. I'm not going to get my hopes up. At the very least, hope that means the injury isn't as serious as some of the earlier reports.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-daily-news-story/article-1/Jordy-Nelson-has-a-chance-to-play-vs-Cowboys/a1f0b29b-92f9-42d8-856e-47313b83e798?campaign=sf50130178_FB_C-Content-GB_CT-Stories-GB_sf50130178

Packers website reporting there is a chance Jordy plays. I'm not going to get my hopes up. At the very least, hope that means the injury isn't as serious as some of the earlier reports.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

I don't think there is a chance he plays. I think this is some game man ship. Make the Cowboys prepare for him even for five minutes that means five minutes less elsewhere.

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago
There’s only 4 weeks left so not enough time to get another WR up to speed, so it’ll have to be a guy who’s been here. Not sure Jordy’s done. Wentz had a hairline fracture and he was playing in 4 weeks. Rivers had bruised ribs with cartilage damage and didn’t miss a game.

McCarthy said Jordy will not practice until Saturday, though he spent night in hospital. WOW, this is good news!!! BUT, we know Mike’s injury reports can’t be trusted, he could be just keepin’ Dallas in the dark. Pennell being cut helps with putting a 7th WR [or 8th if we count Monty] on roster. To replace Jordy, here’s the shortlist of options:

• We got Janis and Davis [But, both were leaped over by Geronimo!]
• Monty could move back to WR, though I can hear WPR arguing you cant have a guy with a running back body just move to WR.
• Abby-the dork signed with Lions today. Surely his agent called GB before he did that and this might mean they think Jordy has a chance to play Sun.
• Jones Jones was in camp with Chargers and after being cut before week 1 said he wanted to stay in bay area where he lives and play for SF. He said it’s a waiting game. If he has stayed in shape over the last 4 months, he’s an option.
• Myles White-Spent parts of 2015 on Giants roster and was in camp with them in 2016 and Giants run a similar offense to ours. He spent last 6 weeks month of season on Bucs prac sqd, so he is another strong choice.
• Can we do a waiver deal with AZ, for Jeremy Ross?
• I think he’s done, don’t want him, but I’ll put him on list: Greg Jennings.
• Convert Waters back to WR [LOL-let’s really mess with his head]
• There’s 2 PS guys; they haven’t been here that long and missed camp, so I can’t see this.
• Andre “Bad Moon” Rison is not even 50 yet, and he is plug and play. I know Wolf would sign him, if he were our GM!
Fan Shout
wpr (4h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (4h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (5h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (8h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.