PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
I don't think he is underrated. I actually think because of the QBs he has had to work with, as a coach he is probably overrated. Put McCarthy in Chicago instead of Green Bay and give him Grossman, Greise, Orton, Cutler as his QBs and he is probably an OC someplace today instead of being a head coach 1 game from another SB.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
uffda udfa
7 years ago
A HC with Brett and Aaron back to back should have been in the chip more than that!

Only 4 times in 11 years? New England has been there 6 years in a row!
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Only 4 times in 11 years?New England has been there 6 years in a row!

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Because what New England has done and is doing is so common, right? This is kind of where I'm going with what the Packers and Mike McCarthy have done is not really being appreciated by some. Not all, just some. Which is fine. You can't please everyone. Some are simply impossible to please and have unrealistic demands.

Check out the story about how McCarthy handled the team after the Redskins loss.
UserPostedImage
Rick12
7 years ago

I don't think he is underrated. I actually think because of the QBs he has had to work with, as a coach he is probably overrated. Put McCarthy in Chicago instead of Green Bay and give him Grossman, Greise, Orton, Cutler as his QBs and he is probably an OC someplace today instead of being a head coach 1 game from another SB.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

You can say that about any HC unless you are talking about NE Mikes GM is of no help to him in season you're Record is what it says you are in Mikes Case his has for years Go Pack GO !!!😕

PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

You can say that about any HC unless you are talking about NE Mikes GM is of no help to him in season you're Record is what it says you are in Mikes Case his has for years Go Pack GO !!!😕

Originally Posted by: Rick12 

How good was Belicheck in Cleveland? He didn't magically discover how to coach in New England, he got paired up with a First round HOF QB. Packers have gone to the playoffs 19 of the last 25 years, 3 different head coaches got them there, Before that twice from the last SB won in 67. What is the common denominator? Great QBs.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
uffda udfa
7 years ago

How good was Belicheck in Cleveland? He didn't magically discover how to coach in New England, he got paired up with a First round HOF QB. Packers have gone to the playoffs 19 of the last 25 years, 3 different head coaches got them there, Before that twice from the last SB won in 67. What is the common denominator? Great QBs.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Thank you...thank you...thank you. How's old Phil Jackson doing out in NY? Oh, not so well...bottom feeding team? I guess that's what happens when you don't have MJ.
Mike McCarthy has been a hindrance to winning MORE. FOUR OT LOSSES in the playoffs!? That's pretty hard to do when you've had back to back HOF QB's to coach.

Expectations for more are not unrealistic be it me or anyone else expecting it. The masses think what has been done is wonderful. How lucky we are to have MM! That's fine. There are some who realize that 10-7 in the playoffs is not something to brag about when you've trotted out back to back HOF QB's.

The point was made that Mike McCarthy gets no in season help from our GM. That's fair. If Mike McCarthy had better players he'd be a better coach for sure. If it ain't MM, it's someone who is holding us back. Who could that be? A simple signing of Jared Cook changed our O immensely. We lose yesterday without him had we played with RR, Bostick and Perrillo. Many of us screamed for a legit TE with speed. Many said RR was just fine and they trusted Ted. Pretty clear how that one shook out.

Add Woodson and Pickett...SB championship.

Add Peppers...into the NFC Championship (he's hung around way too long now, though)

Add Cook...into the NFC Championship

See a pattern emerging? We need to add pieces via FA that we desperately need. When we don't we don't get anywhere near the SB. Aaron is such a monumental advantage for us that it's plain sad how little he's been helped by our ultra conservative mentality to winning championships in Green Bay.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

I stopped reading RIGHT HERE because no one is comparing them, so settle the hell down!! It's just a list of Playoff victory's, holy crap!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Ok it's not a comparison. Lists are not meant to compare the people on that list. 🙄
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Ok it's not a comparison. Lists are not meant to compare the people on that list. 🙄

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Thank you for realizing it is not a comparison. I found it mildly interesting that our current head coach has the more Packers playoff victories than any other Packers head coach. That said, he's also coached several more years too.
UserPostedImage
7 years ago
Packers have been playing in a weak division for years. Put Mike McCarthy in a stronger division and no Rodgers, MM's record would be dismal. Guess who called the last play of the game yesterday? It's wasn't MM. There should be at least 2 more SB Trophy's, i.e. 15-1 season and possibly last season, if not for his failure during the Seattle game.......

nerdmann
7 years ago

Packers have been playing in a weak division for years. Put Mike McCarthy in a stronger division and no Rodgers, MM's record would be dismal. Guess who called the last play of the game yesterday? It's wasn't MM. There should be at least 2 more SB Trophy's, i.e. 15-1 season and possibly last season, if not for his failure during the Seattle game.......

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Mike was hired to develop Rodgers. Of there was. O Aaron, there would be no Mike. Alex Smith would have been developed by Mike instead.

That said, I take Lombardi, then Holmgren, then McCarthy.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (21h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (22h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.