uffda udfa
7 years ago

Why did the Bears 2nd and 3rd string QB enter the game? Could it be because the Packers knocked out the starter and rendered the backup ineffective? Is that what happened?

Didn't the Packers lose their opening day starters at RB, both ILBs, TE, DB, RT and about 10 or so other players eradicating positional depth?

How about the fact that no team lead the Packers by more than 7 points, something that's NEVER been done before.

The Packers went on the road and beat the 3rd seed, the 1st seed and 2nd seed.

I never thought I would have to defend the 2010 season to a PACKERS fan. Un-fucking-real.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This is all good stuff, but, again, this doesn't change what I've posted. Did we or did we not have to white knuckle that game vs. a 3rd string QB, Caleb Hanie, to get to the SB? The answer was is and shall ever be...YES. So, whoop it up. The one time we made it to the show we barely slipped by Caleb Hanie and the Bears.

BTW, Thank you, Barfarn. I realize I must be the most blocked poster. I wish the site had stats for that so I could monitor it. MOST BLOCKED USER: UFFDA UDFA 12 :)

Why try and steal my joy? You can't but why try? I thought this was one of my biggest criticisms here. It's glorious seeing the fanbase awaken to some reality. The angry fan loves the Packers as much and maybe more than the content one.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
7 years ago

I've been an optimist all of my life, and I'm certainly not going to change now. I still feel confident that the Packers will win another Super Bowl in the Aaron Rodgers era. Changes definitely need to be made, especially on defense. But I do believe we'll get there. Hold on tight and think positive! 👍

Originally Posted by: mojaveson 

You think this is negative?
😄😄😄😄😄😄😄.
Just wait!
The Fun Is Just Beginning!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Cheesey
7 years ago

Why did the Bears 2nd and 3rd string QB enter the game? Could it be because the Packers knocked out the starter and rendered the backup ineffective? Is that what happened?

Didn't the Packers lose their opening day starters at RB, both ILBs, TE, DB, RT and about 10 or so other players eradicating positional depth?

How about the fact that no team lead the Packers by more than 7 points, something that's NEVER been done before.

The Packers went on the road and beat the 3rd seed, the 1st seed and 2nd seed.

I never thought I would have to defend the 2010 season to a PACKERS fan. Un-fucking-real.

"NEVER?" Did you FORGET that uffda udfa was on this site??? 😝 😂
(just kidding!)LOL!

UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
7 years ago
It is tough to direct blame at one individual. From my view I have to look mostly at Ted and Dom.

I don't believe Ted is an elite GM. His success and failure are both all over the map. He makes brilliant UDFA pickups at times, but also falls on his face with early round draft picks. His passive approach to free agency bothers me - especially when this team desperately needs someone and he fails to deliver. Other teams seem to be able to sign proven free agents, so I just don't buy the "they want to go to a bigger market" or "there is nobody availabe." I might believe that if it wasn't the same story every year. I know some will cry out that he got us Cook, but that was only because he was relatively cheap.

Dom just plain sucks these days. His schemes are a complete hit or miss - no consistency. I attribute some of the defensive woes to injuries, but the problems go beyond that. Offenses change, and his defense does not - time to get some new blood.

I am in the middle with Mike. When we hit mid-season I was thinking he might be done, but then they playcalling got better and things started clicking like we expect. The other big issue to me - he keeps Dom around, and I have no idea why other than maybe familiarity.

It is easy for us on the outside to criticize, but how many more seasons do we need to see flushed down the shitter before problems are addressed?
macbob
7 years ago

It is time for a CHANGE, regardless of how you feel about the word, BLAME.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Change is only good if it's change for the better. When I asked in another thread who your replacements were for the current crop, you had none.

If you have some now, would be interested in knowing who they are.

There are various coaches that I wouldn't mind seeing being replaced. I just don't see any real candidates out there that make me feel we'd have improved.

In my opinion, we should have won the SB in 2014 (we were ahead of Seattle, and had beaten NE earlier in the year in a game where both teams played well). I BLAME McCarthy and his ultra-conservative play calling in costing us that game. But who out there is better??? If Kyle Shanahan, rumored going to the 49ers is an example of the top of the head coach candidate class, then I'm not sure getting rid of McCarthy is the answer. Until someone else stands out as being better and available, I'm hoping that McCarthy will improve / learn from his mistakes.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Kyle Shanahan would be a huge upgrade at least offensively speaking. Who knows what kind of HC he'd be but the O would be rolling. No 18 month funk unaware of how to change or fix things. Jim Harbaugh is a guy I've said over and over that I would love to pry from Michigan. Gus Bradley would've made a heckuva Dom replacement. I'd take Rex Ryan for DC but we all know Ted and Mike would never allow such a big personality to outshine them. Jon Gruden is a guy I absolutely love. He's smart, passionate but he's impatient and incredibly demanding. Not sure our soft team could handle his abrasion. Same for Harbaugh. I'd take the chance and let a Harbaugh or Gruden jettison all the garbage here.

The thing about change you don't seem to understand is...you NEVER know if it's for the better or worse until you're well down the road. You have to have the vision to KNOW a change needs to be made for better or worse. We're at that stage and have been. You are advocating not changing because you're not guaranteed it will be better. I can tell you that you are incredibly change averse even if it were to your own peril. Sometimes you MUST change and take the risk for worse on the chance for better. That is why players are replaced all the time but not so much in Green Bay. Change averse is championship averse.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

macbob
7 years ago

Kyle Shanahan would be a huge upgrade at least offensively speaking. Who knows what kind of HC he'd be but the O would be rolling. No 18 month funk unaware of how to change or fix things.

A huge upgrade offensively??? By what measure? Lets look at his record as OC for the Redskins (2010-13). Redskins scored a combined 1360 points in the regular season those 4 years. Packers scored a combined 1798, 438 points more (113 pts per year on average), AVERAGING 1 touchdown higher EVERY GAME. I left playoffs out because GB had more playoff appearances.

Shanahan had ONE good year with the Redskins (2012, outscored the Packers 436 to 433. By 1 FG), the other 3 his teams ranked 7th from bottom, 6th from bottom, and 7th from bottom in scoring.

Fired by the Redskins, he became the Cleveland Browns OC. Browns = 299 pts, Packers = 486 pts that year. Browns ranked 5th from bottom in scoring.

Hired by the Falcons: 1st year, 339 pts; Packers 368. Falcons ranked tied for 12th from the bottom.

This year, Falcons 540; Packers 432. Falcons led the league in scoring.

So, in other words, except for this year, Kyle Shanahan's offenses have performed abysmally worse than the Packers.

Jim Harbaugh is a guy I've said over and over that I would love to pry from Michigan.

Wow. We couldn't have polar opposite viewpoints or Harbaugh. I would rather have Kyle Shanahan than Harbaugh.

Ok, maybe not, but close.

Jon Gruden is a guy I absolutely love.

Yeah, I like Gruden. But while you're at it, you might as well throw in Cowher, too. I like him. But neither Gruden nor Cowher look like they want to give up broadcasting games. So, to me that's a pipe dream. You might as well wish for Lombardi to be cloned from a DNA sample.

The thing about change you don't seem to understand is...you NEVER know if it's for the better or worse until you're well down the road. You have to have the vision to KNOW a change needs to be made for better or worse. We're at that stage and have been. You are advocating not changing because you're not guaranteed it will be better.

No. I'm advocating not blowing up the team/management unless we have a good expectation that the what we put in it's place is going to be better. You roll the dice in craps.

What YOU don't seem to understand is that when you blow something up it usually results in a pile of rubble.

Rex Ryan for DC? I'd be OK with that--his teams have been known for their tenacious defenses. Rob Ryan for DC? NO. I'd rather have Capers.

THAT's the difference in our positions. I want to know that we've got a better alternative available and interested. You don't care. Fire them all, and then hope you can hire better.

Kyle Shanahan??? REALLY???
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

A huge upgrade offensively??? By what measure? Lets look at his record as OC for the Redskins (2010-13). Redskins scored a combined 1360 points in the regular season those 4 years. Packers scored a combined 1798, 438 points more (113 pts per year on average), AVERAGING 1 touchdown higher EVERY GAME. I left playoffs out because GB had more playoff appearances.

Shanahan had ONE good year with the Redskins (2012, outscored the Packers 436 to 433. By 1 FG), the other 3 his teams ranked 7th from bottom, 6th from bottom, and 7th from bottom in scoring.

Fired by the Redskins, he became the Cleveland Browns OC. Browns = 299 pts, Packers = 486 pts that year. Browns ranked 5th from bottom in scoring.

Hired by the Falcons: 1st year, 339 pts; Packers 368. Falcons ranked tied for 12th from the bottom.

This year, Falcons 540; Packers 432. Falcons led the league in scoring.

So, in other words, except for this year, Kyle Shanahan's offenses have performed abysmally worse than the Packers.

Wow. We couldn't have polar opposite viewpoints or Harbaugh. I would rather have Kyle Shanahan than Harbaugh.

Ok, maybe not, but close.

Yeah, I like Gruden. But while you're at it, you might as well throw in Cowher, too. I like him. But neither Gruden nor Cowher look like they want to give up broadcasting games. So, to me that's a pipe dream. You might as well wish for Lombardi to be cloned from a DNA sample.

No. I'm advocating not blowing up the team/management unless we have a good expectation that the what we put in it's place is going to be better. You roll the dice in craps.

What YOU don't seem to understand is that when you blow something up it usually results in a pile of rubble.

Rex Ryan for DC? I'd be OK with that--his teams have been known for their tenacious defenses. Rob Ryan for DC? NO. I'd rather have Capers.

THAT's the difference in our positions. I want to know that we've got a better alternative available and interested. You don't care. Fire them all, and then hope you can hire better.

Kyle Shanahan??? REALLY???

Originally Posted by: macbob 

Your response is illogical. You will never KNOW that it will be better. It will ALWAYS be a roll of the dice. I understand you want the odds in your favor. Who doesn't? Even if they appear to be in your favor it is not a guarantee. IE: See Ted's draft bust record in the first round. All those guys appeared safe picks for him because he is conservative and is horrified to make a mistake so he plays it as safe as anyone which I'm guessing what you love. He still fails over and over because there are no guarantees. If an org could know then there would be no Cleveland Browns. Honestly, I'm not trying to rip you but think about what you typed to me. It makes no sense. So, you only want to make a change if you KNOW it's going to be better? My previous post already covered the FACT that you WILL NOT KNOW whether it's better or worse until well down the road. With your way of thinking there would never be any marriages in this country. NOBODY would KNOW that the person they're about to marry is going to produce "for better" or "for worse".

I

UserPostedImage

Nonstopdrivel
7 years ago

giving up 51, 37, 45, 23, 28, 26 and 44 points in the playoffs.

This makes me grind my teeth with rage every time I read it. In a league in which the average points scored per game has never risen above 23.6 (1948!), this is simply unacceptable. In 2016, the leaguewide average was 22.7 ppg, by the way.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

This makes me grind my teeth with rage every time I read it. In a league in which the average points scored per game has never risen above 23.6 (1948!), this is simply unacceptable. In 2016, the leaguewide average was 22.7 ppg, by the way.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

I understand this is most definitely a frivolous thought, but I prefer my coordinators on the sideline and not up in the booth.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (17h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (17h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (19h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (20h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (23h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.