uffda udfa
7 years ago
I'm incredibly thankful for many things. The performance of the Green Bay Packers over the last six seasons is not one of them.

Everyone chooses what they spend their time on. I have been following and enjoying the Packers since 1980.

I'm "miserable" because the experience isn't for me what it is for you. I believe with all my heart and mind this team is improperly run and we're below expectation for having Aaron as our QB. Do you like seeing something you care about not being it's best? Dumb question. You do. I don't.

You stay happy and thankful in what is and I'll remain disappointed for what should be.

Does it ever cross your mind that things could be better? Should be?

Your mindset is one I vehemently disagree with. Your desire is to justify and rationalize failure in the quest to remain happy. I have no such desire. I like knowing what I feel is real not some fake emotion based on some twisted self created version of reality.

Why don't you do some real thinking about this? Why are so many non Packers associated voices saying what they're saying now? You get to choose to accept the biased self serving Packers line or that of an objective observer who has no agenda. You will always stay in the Packers bubble and buy the spin. I completely understand your need to be happy despite reality. When being happy at all costs is your mission expecting more or better doesn't even enter the equation. Your math is terrible but works for you.

Packers failure + Packers failure + Packers failure + Packers failure+ Packers failure + Packers failure = One happy thankful we're not Browns fans Packer fan.

If you could do simple math you would see that 6 seasons of failure= A LOT OF FAILURE

My correct math had me asking questions about how we can stop failing.

Your bad math leaves you happy but blissfully unaware of what's actually going on. There's no reason much less desire to ask questions when you think like you do. Will be interesting to see how you are when the day comes when this franchise is again drafting in the top 10 for a period of years. Will you be so contented then? You should be...we could be drafting 1st every year so at least we wouldn't be the worst. When you measure yourself vs. losers you are a loser. When you measure yourself vs. a winner you're a winner. Most Packers fans don't want to measure their Packers vs. New England. It's just too traumatic. So, what they will do is shoot low (surprise surprise) and talk of Cleveland. Again, losers measure against losers and winners measure against winners. Super Bowls are the measuring stick in this league. Don't tell me to shoot low and be happy like you. That is the loser's mentality. If you want to feel good and live in the self esteem movement where winning doesn't matter don't watch NFL football where the object is to win the SB. Go do something with your time where winning doesn't matter.

I gotta hand it to you. At least you get to be happy despite living in delusion.

Leave me to my misery and truth. There's honor within.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because theyโ€™ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
I see allaboutuffda.com is going strong!
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
stevegb
7 years ago
In my opinion I don't think the fact we lost as a failure of the season it's the way we lost. We were completely out classed and it was just more of the same mistakes, being completely let down by the defence. Change is well overdue, you can only point to the players not being good enough for so long.
blank
stevegb
7 years ago
Not winning a Super Bowl shouldn't determine a successful or unsuccessful season, if it were that easy every team would win it, its the fact that the reason we aren't winning or even making them is because of the constant failures on defence
blank
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Not winning a Super Bowl shouldn't determine a successful or unsuccessful season, if it were that easy every team would win it, its the fact that the reason we aren't winning or even making them is because of the constant failures on defence

Originally Posted by: stevegb 

I'd agree with you, IF, we didn't have the prodigious advantage of having Aaron Rodgers as our QB. As bad as our defense is, Aaron is the great equalizer and overcomer. Just like the former GM told Bob McGinn...Ted can sit on his hands because he knows he has Aaron at QB. That GM scoffed when saying basically try that philosophy when you don't have one of the best QB's to ever play the game. It doesn't even work with Aaron. He has so little he has to do and he chooses to do even less than that and adoring fans will make excuses for the org all day long.

Brady will suit up for his SEVENTH SuperBowl appearance next Sunday. SEVENTH. Our guys career is half past Brady's and he's been to ONE. Open your eyes. 7... 1. 7... 1. Yes. Make excuses about how hard it is. SEVEN...ONE. SEVEN...ONE. The excuses are borne from a losers mentality.

Every time you come here to try to tell me I'm wrong just remember... SEVEN...ONE. SEVEN...ONE. Might be nice if you remember the 6 playoff failures in a row, too, but I see you're not counting.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because theyโ€™ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

stevegb
7 years ago
Yeah but in NE case, Brady is only half that equation love him or hate him Belichick is a vastly superior GM/coach then Ted and McCarthy combined and even more important to that team then any one player. The way he's built and coached his teams are more the reason they've made 7 super bowls then merely riding Brady's career, chances are he may have still made the super bowl with Gorappolo the way their season started.

Aaron Rodgers may be the best player in the comp at the moment but I feel that he makes up for the offenses short comings and against most teams can make up for the complete lack of a defense but when your playing a team as offensively balanced as the Falcons you need the defense to at least show up for the first quarter of the game until the pace and hype somewhat slows down. The packers need some defensive coaches to actually coach the players and teach them instead of just churning through drafted players until they eventually find a talented player so gifted the coaches can't stuff him up.
blank
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

I'm just hoping to bring some perspective since it seems like this forum is so often a downright depressing place to visit, yet we have so much to be thankful for.

Originally Posted by: Mr_Bumpy 

Isn't it crazy? You find happiness in your teams accomplishments and someone has to repeatedly beat you down for Green and Gold glasses because you found happiness. They slam this "No Super Bowl win, FAILURE SEASON! FIRE EVERYONE!!!" mantra down your throat at every angle. And if you don't see their view and agree (agreeing is most important!) then you're a fan who is content and have a losers mentality.

Personally, I'm a half glass full kind of guy. I could write an article a week on the positives about the Packers, but I know most are depressed to visit so I figure I just better use my time combing my back hair.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
I'm puzzled the guy who wrote this:

I think it is good for all sports fans to evaluate how much of their happiness is tied to their team's success.
-- Mr. Bumpy

Why is he depressed coming here? I'm not looking for a pump up or a beat down when I'm here. I want to read opinions. Even ones I disagree with and spend all their time avoiding the subject and coming after me.

This thread is a few days old and there's still yet to be a single response that deals with the actual subject matter. The narrative has-been once again redirected while avoiding anything that doesn't fit with feeling good about the Packers. If anything is depressing it's the aversion and avoidance that goes on daily.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (3h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (4h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (4h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (20h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.