uffda udfa
7 years ago

Are so dense and/or clouded in your judgment that you don't get that this was a joke? Mike can be one hilarious dude.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

We both know that it's you who wears some ugly Christmas sweaters spun from the yarns you tell. It was a joke to you because the possibility that Mike McCarthy is anything he's alleged can't be true. Protect the narrative at all costs.

You need to get honest like you did about Richard Rodgers but it was next to impossible to hide on him. Mike McCarthy still casts just enough shadow for you to cloak yourself.

EDIT: Just for a little extra oomph to the point. Even if he was joking, which I don't believe he was, the point of his response, or even "joke", if you will...is it is like he didn't even know when the trade deadline was. The net result is the same. The trade deadline is what the joke is in Packerland. Uneventful...nothing to see here, etc. Play with terrible CB's. Maybe, just maybe, Aaron will get hot, and if we make it to the NFC Championship the team we face might have to play their 3rd stringer. Getting to the SB will buy me immunity for another forever that I don't even need because I'm good living off the one I got.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

No one wants to take a crack at the actual theme of this post which is the method Ted uses failed us this season?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I've always thought it was an inherit thought that when a team of any type doesn't win the championship that all could have done more from the top to the bottom.

We all want the Packers to do more, it's just that most aren't irrationally wanting to lop off everyone's head and ranting about doing precisely that in every thread.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
My thoughts are just not regarding what happened this season. I've felt this way consistently for years. So, there is no knee jerk irrationality here.

Nice to hear we all want the Packers to do better. Often, it seems there's way too much contentment and resistance to change.

This forum is going to be a very interesting place when we no longer have a HOF at the controls. Maybe, that will be the only time it's understood why there's been so much "irrational" chatter now.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

Are so dense and/or clouded in your judgment that you don't get that this was a joke? Mike can be one hilarious dude.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

As the post season rolls on I am sure there will be more discussions about what the Packers need to get back to the Super Bowl. Some of these discussions will be intense.

Just a reminder that personal attacks are not allowed.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago

As the post season rolls on I am sure there will be more discussions about what the Packers need to get back to the Super Bowl. Some of these discussions will be intense.

Just a reminder that personal attacks are not allowed.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Point taken wpr, I apologize to Uffda and all, I could have easily addressed the issue with more dignity and class.

But, everyone does know that McCarthy executed a well performed parody of the outside perception of Ted, right?

I've always thought it was an inherit thought that when a team of any type doesn't win the championship that all could have done more from the top to the bottom.

We all want the Packers to do more, it's just that most aren't irrationally wanting to lop off everyone's head and ranting about doing precisely that in every thread.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Is there more that could be done? Every year Ted spends all the Cap money. He keeps rolling over the same $7M to make big in season acquisitions [like Vikes Bradford] and/or extensions without having to renegotiate a bunch of contracts, which get you later.

This team played to its potential for 8 games. It proved standing pat that Ted collected more than enough depth and talent to get a bye, probably get #1 seed and play Atlanta in GB.

It's like having MD Jennings at safety is not good and the angry vocal minority clamors “all in” and "Ted is dumb" for doing nothing to improve the position. Really? Maybe Dashon Golden didn’t want to come to GB at any cost. OR maybe Ted employing more than the “eyeball test” realized Golden wont upgrade the position very much, so paying $8.2M per for a small upgrade is just out right stupid. It’s the cap era, sometimes standing pat is the very best move.

This article proves there was nothing that Ted could do this year. Even with hate and hindsight McGinn failed miserably to make a cogent argument. And McGinn knows it, that why he chose not to lay out all the evidence fairly. He knew to try to justify his headline he had to puff the players that Ted failed to acquire to get over the top. And he failed to mention that Ted cant just do what he wants, he’s competing against 31 other teams for an Eric Rowe. I bet if Ted offered a 1st for Rowe, Philly tells NE what they have to beat. Philly didn’t want Rowe going to a 2016 opponent and conference adversary. And of course since when does a team with a bad secondary look to move a #47 pick at start of 2nd year. Something bad was up about Rowe.
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
These morons think Adding one player here or there is like adding salt or pepper while cooking. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

I have been saying since before Rodgers and Matthews got their last contracts that Ted needs to do more than just draft and develop to really take the team to the next/final level. Especially when you want to draft the Best Player Available. The odds of every year the BPA also being at the biggest positions of need isn't very good. So you need to fill the needs with FA to allow you to keep drafting the best players regardless of position.

But what we all have the benefit of is not having to actually do the job. We don't have to look at the long range impacts. As I stated in a different topic, if we had signed more FA we never would have been able to do Daniels contract, so he would also have made it to FA which means we would have had to pay more to keep him or let him go. Every contract move has a waterfall effect.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Cheesey
7 years ago
Just because McGinn is an idiot, doesn't mean he's not right in this case. Ted Thompson has PROVEN that we can't get back to the Super Bowl without some serious help. His not being willing to give up a draft pick to get some proven help on defense shows he's not willing to do all it takes to get over the top. We have, what, 3 or 4 more years where Rodgers can be great? Are they going to waste those years too? Then what......do they believe they can get a THIRD long term HOF quality QB?
Look at all the seasons wasted already? Where picking up a couple of great players would have made the difference? The 15-1 season.....again, defense killed it. (Or the lack of defense, I should say)
PAY THE MONEY! I mean, heck, his way isn't working. How many more year wasted will it take to get it going again? The players we have now have shown they can't get the job done. And doesn't Shields have a pot charge against him now, if I'm not mistaken? And he couldn't come back at all, all year because of a concussion. Will he ever play again? Like I said before.....TT let most of our DB's walk, with no decent replacements waiting in the wings. Being "cheap" cost us a SB berth (again).
Just being "good" isn't good enough for me anymore. I would like to see at least ONE more SB win before I die.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
No personal attacks wpr? Didn't you post a picture of me as the lunch lady? Just checking. I guess the second I'm deemed to have done it here comes the big stick. Meanwhile, it can be done in my direction with full approval. Honestly, as to me, I don't care. Bring everything you have but I would just ask you don't lie and twist and constantly try altering the fact I posted. It's childish.

So, to be clear, I don't care when Buck goes off on me. When Z calls me a douche among other things. It's just a reflection of being right when you want me so badly to be wrong.

Thank you to Barfarn for the apology. I enjoy your posting style. Unique. Fun. Don't always agree but you are worth the trip here. It's enjoyable to lock horns with you. I miss true debate. It's as scarce as a championship caliber defense in Green Bay.

If you'd like people who aren't acolytes to be part of the forum let me know. I clearly don't feel welcome here but I post anyway because I believe what I have to say is relevant and worthy of consideration. All viewpoints should be welcome but it's all too easy to create reasons why someone really shouldn't be here when it goes against the grain of what you believe so strongly. If I ran a forum, I would gladly welcome the 180 view from mine. I would just hope it didn't come to manipulating and changing the argument all the time.

UserPostedImage

PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

Just because McGinn is an idiot, doesn't mean he's not right in this case.
Ted Thompson has PROVEN that we can't get back to the Super Bowl without some serious help. His not being willing to give up a draft pick to get some proven help on defense shows he's not willing to do all it takes to get over the top. We have, what, 3 or 4 more years where Rodgers can be great? Are they going to waste those years too? Then what......do they believe they can get a THIRD long term HOF quality QB?
Look at all the seasons wasted already? Where picking up a couple of great players would have made the difference? The 15-1 season.....again, defense killed it. (Or the lack of defense, I should say)
PAY THE MONEY! I mean, heck, his way isn't working. How many more year wasted will it take to get it going again? The players we have now have shown they can't get the job done. And doesn't Shields have a pot charge against him now, if I'm not mistaken? And he couldn't come back at all, all year because of a concussion. Will he ever play again? Like I said before.....TT let most of our DB's walk, with no decent replacements waiting in the wings. Being "cheap" cost us a SB berth (again).
Just being "good" isn't good enough for me anymore. I would like to see at least ONE more SB win before I die.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

The problem with articles like this is they assume getting proven help would make the difference and they never consider what would happen if they got the Vet and it didn't result in a Title. If Ted had gotten Trevathan like so many wanted this last offseason odds are we still wouldn't be going to the SB.

and you know McGinn would be writing saying how Ted wasted money on a FA that ended up injured.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
uffda udfa
7 years ago

The problem with articles like this is they assume getting proven help would make the difference and they never consider what would happen if they got the Vet and it didn't result in a Title. If Ted had gotten Trevathan like so many wanted this last offseason odds are we still wouldn't be going to the SB.

and you know McGinn would be writing saying how Ted wasted money on a FA that ended up injured.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Oh boy, again. The issue is NOT trying. For the love of...

The homer view is ALWAYS that we don't know that adding someone would've worked. Correct. We also know that it might have worked. What we do know is what was done didn't work. So, it would seem logical that doing something as opposed to nothing was the better course of action even though the possibility exists it may have made things worse.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (3h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (4h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (7h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (10h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (11h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (21h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.