Barfarn
7 years ago

Typical Barfarn post. 🙄
Now I am not saying Lovie was lying but it is own interest to play up McGarigle on his way out the door. It's human nature. How many times have you heard someone say all kinds of nice things about someone who died? You have to be a real hard character to speak ill of the dead. Lovie hired McGarigle saying anything bad about him is the same as telling everyone that he doesn't know how to put together a coaching staff..

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Ill try one more time:

Players and coaches promoting to the NFL jobs is a pelt, a positive recruiting tool. But what in the effin ever loving tarnation does that have to do with the over effusive praise of McGarigle? This is a complete non sequitur. Again, FOCUS! The issue is not that McGarigle was praised, but that the praise was EFFUSIVE.

A coach gets no less of a pelt by saying, “we had a coach, Mcgarigle, go to the NFL, our LBs improved under his guidance, sorry to see to him go [and you can be sorry even if he sucked as a coach], he’s a fine young man?”

FOCUS: Smith doesn't have to speak ill!

FOCUS: Smith doesn't have to speak overly enthusiastic!

FOCUS: Smith could have said the NORMALLY positive thing I wrote above, even if McGarigle was the worst coach he's ever seen and the LBs improved because that is what Freshman do.

FOCUS: This NORMALLY positive statement could be coach-speak or the absolute truth. This is deemed by the profession to be the proper mode of behavior!

FOCUS: But, a negative statement [like Mike's comments on Lacy] or statements that appear to be wildly effusive are usually NOT coach-speak.

There are hundreds of personnel people, scouts, coaches and coordinators in both college and pro that know McGarigle's rep. There are no secrets, when a guy like this hits the MAC. 99% of the coaches start as Tim did and everyone in the NFL and Major college is scouring contacts looking for the next young innovative superstar in diapers. If Smith wildly exaggerates, he will loses respect in his community. He's not speaking to a small crowd at a funeral.

If false over-effusive praise turns out to be a dud it could hurt Lovie's search for another job and will harm his recruiting, which could lead to him looking for another job. Other recruiters will say, "look at what Lovie said about this Mcgarigle dude that was fired after 2/6/8/12 months on the job...you cant trust anything he says about Illinois' program being a "rising star.""

There is nothing to gain by this over effusive praise and everything to lose. That is why a statement like this is usually 100% TRUE.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
Still waiting for the long list of other offers he was given. You know the one you claimed he had.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
You know. Barfarn, you haven't even allowed for the possibility that Lovie Smith is dead wrong. Your wild leaps pick one track and stay there

I recall Mike McCarthy going out of his mind to effusively praise Jarrett Boykin. A few months later Boykin was on the street.

So, you've denied the idea that Lovie may be promoting his own program, and denied the possibility. You've also steered clear of acknowledging the fact that Lovie might be wrong.

Finally, I read nothing from Lovie that indicated anyone else was pursuing him, or from any other source than yourself and your champion, nerd.

I know you like to stir it up here and can often snow the crowd here but this one was a monumental failure.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

gbguy20
7 years ago

You know. Barfarn, you haven't even allowed for the possibility that Lovie Smith is dead wrong. Your wild leaps pick one track and stay there

I recall Mike McCarthy going out of his mind to effusively praise Jarrett Boykin. A few months later Boykin was on the street.

So, you've denied the idea that Lovie may be promoting his own program, and denied the possibility. You've also steered clear of acknowledging the fact that Lovie might be wrong.

Finally, I read nothing from Lovie that indicated anyone else was pursuing him, or from any other source than yourself and your champion, nerd.

I know you like to stir it up here and can often snow the crowd here but this one was a monumental failure.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Pretty sure McCarthy said some great things about one of our shitty 6th string receivers that this board always falls in love with this off season, only to never play him at all and then cut him.
Barfarn
7 years ago

Pretty sure McCarthy said some great things about one of our shitty 6th string receivers that this board always falls in love with this off season, only to never play him at all and then cut him.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Yea there is NORMAL coach speak; just like any other coach. But, effusive praise...No way, ya gotta consider the source!
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Yea there is NORMAL coach speak; just like any other coach. But, effusive praise...No way, ya gotta consider the source!

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

"I'm not higher on anyone in this building than Jarrett Boykin" Mike McCarthy on Boykin. Only to be cut a few months later. Yup, I'd say that's effusive praise. Not higher than anyone else and you released him a few months after the statement? Effusive praise is sometimes an indicator of the exact opposite of what you're claiming. Depends on the individual giving it.

BTW, how many replies are you going to go before you produce a shred of evidence he was a hot commodity?🤣

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
I get the last post.

I WIN! I WIN! I WIN!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Barfarn
7 years ago

Typical Barfarn post. 🙄 You are the one who acted like he knew something that no one else knew when you said McGarigle turned down other offers to join GB. I asked you to prove your wild claim. Even though you can't you still rambled on for 454 words even ranting that I am like Uffda and that coaches never ever EVER lie. PFFT. Of course they don't.

I asked you to back up your claim. I asked for a list. You can't. Next time you want to rant simply say that you have no proof instead of acting like you had coffee with McGarigle yesterday and promised him you wouldn't give out the names of the other teams. You might have more credibility if you do.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Lovie told me this subsequent read is a rising star of comedic proportions, with history, heretofore unheard of quotes and some inspiring real life’s lessons and some poignant truths.

I said, he is “hot.” If we believe Uffda [a stretch sometimes, I know] no articles say this. Then a few days later, Lovie confirms EXACTLY what I said. The typical open-minded, rational, adult, non-asshole, would say, “huh, that was pretty lucky or he knew something that was not widely published. And wow, he advised everyone on this forum of this in advance of it being generally known. Even if he’s talking out of his ass, I’ll take the time to read what someone this lucky has to say.”

Of course, the typical loud-mouthed minority self-appointed expert Packer fan, says, “I don’t hear no tree fall in da forest, so I gots to say it couldn’t’ve fallen, ‘cause I be da expert.”

And then I said, McGarigle had other offers. Here’s the thing: accept it, don’t accept it; be skeptical or whatever, I don’t care. You want “proof,” go get it. I’m not your errand boy. Anyone wishing proof can get their fat lazy ass off momma’s basement sofa, I know she doesn’t let you have a phone down there, come up stairs and make some calls. WPR, I’m not here to service your petty needs. Though I’m not sure how a guy can be said to be a rising star in the coaching fraternity and have only one single place to get a job. Common sense tells any normal person that if Lovie and Hardy think he’s a stud and GB offered a job, he undoubtedly had other opportunities.

And let me understand this: One is only allowed to post here without being ad hominem attacked if they “prove” their claims to WPR’s satisfaction? I mean, are you effing kidding? Who in the ever living hell do you think you are? Oh, and in laying out that proof one better not use more than 453 words, right?

I ponder about how our Vietnam Generals from their safe, air conditioned offices issued orders for our boys to be killed or maimed while taking targets for political reasons with no strategic military purpose shouting, “Men, charge that hill [only to abandon it 2 days later].” With this in mind I respond to this agenda driven hypocrisy and say to “the generals”, “YOU FIRST.” You, WPR, first “prove” what Lovie said was coach-speak. [People living in rubber rooms should not throw stones].

Funny, if some different dumbass douchebag on the Net says it was coach-speak, does that even constitute proof? Even if an affidavit from Lovie is provided showing it was coach-speak, I’d object, it’s hearsay and due process requires I be allowed to cross. Now, WPR, if you provide an affidavit from Lovie saying he was coach-speaking about Tim, you would have much more credibility [Sounds pretty stupid when Barfarn arbitrarily creates new forum rules and has you running his errands, don’t it?]. I’m not like you, I support your prerogative on a forum to believe GB would hire a guy with no other options without offering “proof.” But, if you use childish or inept argument in support, I might respond.

And you claim it’s a list you want? I think that’s a lie. Here’s the proof [of the lie]. If a list is provided: “[this is for illustrative purposes only] McGarigle on January 8th received an offer to coach the LBs for Chicago…on January 10th he received an offer to coach LBs at NU, Baltimore, LSU or the freakin’ Colorado school of Mines, etc.;” watchya going to do with this list? Accept it? Say thank you? Or, ask for more proof? Would you then insist I post the emails of or inferring that discussions occurred between Tim’s agent and other teams? Still not enough proof? How about delivering each HC to your momma’s basement to testify to this? Should I provide a court report? Obviously, any list provided would ONLY be used as another opportunity to attack and denigrate, right? You’re agenda is that you’re just butt-hurt because I correctly identified your irrational idol as a choker, a sociopath, a cancer act wearing thin and for 1.25 seasons a very bad QB. So, you have to levy blame elsewhere at 1265, so McGarigle cant be a good hire, so if Barfarn’s positive about McGarigle, he must necessarily be wrong unless he provides proof.

Let’s use another example: You commented the other day that no matter what spin anyone wants to put on it, Rodgers was a 1-2 pick. [See I’ll never use ad hominem saying “typical WPR”]. But, stop and think, outside of the draftnik and media hype, on what are you basing your opinion? We know it wasn’t your astute evaluation of his college tape. Today, your opinion, supported on this silly foundation, has the ability to be corrected by actual proof, by actual reality, and you proudly and defiantly reject this reality. The draft proves that 28-29 teams [the other 3-4 teams w/ established QBs might have passed due to lack of need] unequivocally did not see Rodgers as a #2 pick; if any team saw him as a #2, he would have never made it past #20. A #2 QB is never passed up for Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Braylon Edwards, Cadillac Williams, Pacman, Troy Williamson, etc. Look at each team’s QB that passed on Rodgers and who they drafted. And if the Browns, Dolphins, Bears, etc., just had to have Brown, Edwards, Williams, etc., why wouldn’t they trade up 15-25 spots to get a #2 at 20, 21 or 22. Do you see what teams pay for a #2? And in 2005 all these teams could have either had the #2 at 5, at 10, at 15, at 20 or traded up to get a #2 but only paid the price for a #20, 21, 22. There’s only one explanation: NFL GMs over overwhelmingly knew that Rodgers wasn’t a #2. Oh and Rodgers didn’t even look like a #23 for 2 years. You develop an opinion after reading draftnik media crap; but to steadfastly hold onto that opinion you undertake ignoring what NFL teams actually did and how long it took Rodgers to play. And now you claim proof will bring credibility? Please! Proof can’t change a bitterly childishly closed mind. None is so blind as he that refuses to see. People who were not reasoned into a position, cannot be reasoned out of it.

Oh ad this is really really funny: the loudmouths say Ted was lucky Rodgers fell and other than that blah blah blah. But, Belichek wasn’t nearly as lucky getting Brady with a 6th rounder.

Persons coming to message boards with such unmalleable closed minds, are seeking ONLY to have opinions confirmed; not to participate in healthy, honest discussion.

The forgoing establishes unequivocally that your post constitutes a troll and I’m adding you to my personal troll list. And no, I’m not providing this list to you either [Hint: you’re the 2nd name on it]. So respond with logic, rationality, maturity, class and honesty and with the purpose of engaging in a healthy discussion or henceforth, I’ll simply ignore what you write!
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Nice narrative flip... however, untrue. Lovie didn't confirm what you posted at all. Confirmation bias meter is pegging here, B.

So, now Barfarn blocks me because he can't hang? Typical. He got exposed for his grandiosity and I just continue on as always while babies do their blocking. My goodness. I win, I guess.
UserPostedImage

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Ok we know you were effusive in your comments and made it all up when you said there was a long list of other teams waiting to swoop down and take Timmy away from U of I. I will make this easy for you, give us the name of one other organization that was looking at him after the 2016 season ended. College, Pro, High School, Arena, CFL, Aussie Rules FB, FIFA, flag football, or even a girl's badminton team. Anyone. Just one and you win. I can't make it any easier than that for you. (Creditable source required.)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (22m) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (23m) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (43m) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (1h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (17h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.