Smokey
7 years ago
Could this be the opening gambit for a dominant GB two Tight End offense ?

The CB/CB's position still remains the Packers greatest true need for the 2017 campaign .

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
Dulak
7 years ago
Is this guy any good? I read he is another 6 foot 3 dude ... and seems in the past most of our 6'2 6-4 dudes have all been only average or below.

Finley great 6'5 cook great 6'5 and hoping bennet great 6'6 - although I still dont understand why we didnt pay cook - we are paying bennet 7 mil per year and cook what wanted 5?

I saw nothing wrong with cooks play except he was injured for a bit - looked fantastic to me.
coltonja
7 years ago

Is this guy any good? I read he is another 6 foot 3 dude ... and seems in the past most of our 6'2 6-4 dudes have all been only average or below.

Finley great 6'5 cook great 6'5 and hoping bennet great 6'6 - although I still dont understand why we didnt pay cook - we are paying bennet 7 mil per year and cook what wanted 5?

I saw nothing wrong with cooks play except he was injured for a bit - looked fantastic to me.

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

From a couple of reports it looked like Cook was asking for more than 5 million a year. Cook's numbers with us weren't eye-popping by any means, but his presence in the offense coincided with our offense's 180. Just looking at what he produced- it's hard to say that he garnered more than a 4-5 million a year contract. And when, presumably, his agent asked for more that was when the switch went to Bennett for a little more per year.

As for Kendricks I think he is a decent TE1, he wouldn't be a guy defensive coordinators go crazy about scheming against, but he's had seasons with a lot of catches. However, as a TE2 he becomes far more lethal for defenses to account for (similar to Dwayne Allen in New England). Now teams will be forced to account for Bennett and another receiving threat in Kendricks at TE. Kendricks might not be Jared Cook, but he's also not Richard Rodgers!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Rockmolder
7 years ago

It might mean that the talent at CB was exaggerated as was the asking price to obtain their services.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That's quite likely, with CB being the premium position it is. Add to that that this draft is full of CBs in the 25-45 range. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the approach Ted is taking, but given his resume, the moves are certainly understandable.
mi_keys
7 years ago
Loved the guy as a Badger. Been a disappointment in the NFL but, like Cook coming in last year, he's never had even a half way mediocre quarterback to throw him the ball playing with the Rams his whole career. Think he'll be a good option as the TE2.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Reports are Cook was offered more money than Bennett signed for. It's more Cook wanting to cash in than Packers not wanting him.
UserPostedImage
sschind
7 years ago
Like Coltonja and mi_keys alluded to I don't think you would be real happy with Kendricks as your #1 TE but as a #2 and another option for the 2 TE sets I think its great.

Everyone knows we need help at corner but everyone also seems to think that its a simple fix. That isn't always the case. If you can't fix your teams greatest weakness (and Ted still has time to do that) you can make your team better by improving it in other areas. We are definitely improved at TE with Bennett and Kendricks over Cook and Rodgers and I wouldn't mind at all if we kept Rodgers. The downside is we are now weaker on the O-line with the loss of Tretter and Lang but there is still time to address that as well.
Barfarn
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

Kendricks stinks! If GB paid more than 1.5M per I’ll be disappointed, for 1.5M or less, it’s a good signing to give Angelichio a chance to catch lightning.

Didn’t really know much about Kendricks. I re-watched his 39 snaps in 2015 LA/GB game where LA brought their two stud franchise TEs [Cook and Kendricks] and ended with a 24 passer rating. Hyde covered Cook who caught 1 for 8 yards w/ 6 targets; but at least Foles had a bad overthrow of a wide open Cook on 20-25 yard catch that could have gone for TD and Cook got a 32 yrd PI call.

Kendricks was blanketed all day mostly by Nate Palmer and some by Joe Thomas! 3 targets 2 catches for 12 yards and his blocking was perfectly Richard Rodgers like. Makes 1 nice block, then like a cop that just fulfilled his speeding ticket quota spends the rest of the day acting much more like a speed bump rather than an active studly Martellus Blocking Ed West courage award professional pro bowl blocking TE stud. He played on one STs unit [FG kick unit].

In 2016 PFF gave him a 48.7 season grade and graded him the worst NFL player week 13. For comparison in 2015 R.Rodgers had a 76.5 grade.

The Outsiders have Kendricks ranked #42 of 46 qualifying TEs. He had 318 “Effective yards” showing way too many of his 499 yards are garbage yards. By comparison Rodgers has 254 E-yards of 272 actual.

From 2012-15 he had 7 penalties with Rams [Cook in same period had 12] and he only has 1 fumble in last 4 years. IN 2016 he had 2 penalties, both false starts and both in same game [Miami]. Kendricks was tied for 8th in drops [#2 to Ebron for TEs] with 6 in 87 targets. By comparison “Dropvonte” had 5 in 121 and some of his drops were bad, dropped an easy 5 yard TD v. Carolina and dropped an easy one that led to an INT v. NE. In 2015 he had 3 drops in 40 targets; in ’14 1 in 38; ’13 2 in 46.

In 2016 Kendricks had a 250K escalator for having 500 yards, he ended up with 499.

The fan sites gave as much love to Kendricks as R.Rodgers gets on GB sites and the outrage over his cutting matches the outrage that overwhelmed many Packer forum servers when Brad Jones was cut.

I cant believe the deals some of these mediocre TEs have gotten: Gresham 4y/28M [led all TEs with 9 penalties]; Griffen 3yr/9M; Davis 3yr/15M [2nd in penalties with 7]. The Rams had Kendricks for 2 yr/8.5M/Zero guaranteed and they cut him. And obviously they could not trade him for even a swap of 6-7th round picks. This means 32 GMs think he stinks because mediocre TEs get 5-7M per.

His agent didn’t disclose the deal; because it was embarrassing; I’m guessing 1 yr 1.5M tops and Kendricks took it because he feared he’d end up with a min deal.
nerdmann
7 years ago

Kendricks stinks! If GB paid more than 1.5M per I’ll be disappointed, for 1.5M or less, it’s a good signing to give Angelichio a chance to catch lightning.

Didn’t really know much about Kendricks. I re-watched his 39 snaps in 2015 LA/GB game where LA brought their two stud franchise TEs [Cook and Kendricks] and ended with a 24 passer rating. Hyde covered Cook who caught 1 for 8 yards w/ 6 targets; but at least Foles had a bad overthrow of a wide open Cook on 20-25 yard catch that could have gone for TD and Cook got a 32 yrd PI call.

Kendricks was blanketed all day mostly by Nate Palmer and some by Joe Thomas! 3 targets 2 catches for 12 yards and his blocking was perfectly Richard Rodgers like. Makes 1 nice block, then like a cop that just fulfilled his speeding ticket quota spends the rest of the day acting much more like a speed bump rather than an active studly Martellus Blocking Ed West courage award professional pro bowl blocking TE stud. He played on one STs unit [FG kick unit].

In 2016 PFF gave him a 48.7 season grade and graded him the worst NFL player week 13. For comparison in 2015 R.Rodgers had a 76.5 grade.

The Outsiders have Kendricks ranked #42 of 46 qualifying TEs. He had 318 “Effective yards” showing way too many of his 499 yards are garbage yards. By comparison Rodgers has 254 E-yards of 272 actual.

From 2012-15 he had 7 penalties with Rams [Cook in same period had 12] and he only has 1 fumble in last 4 years. IN 2016 he had 2 penalties, both false starts and both in same game [Miami]. Kendricks was tied for 8th in drops [#2 to Ebron for TEs] with 6 in 87 targets. By comparison “Dropvonte” had 5 in 121 and some of his drops were bad, dropped an easy 5 yard TD v. Carolina and dropped an easy one that led to an INT v. NE. In 2015 he had 3 drops in 40 targets; in ’14 1 in 38; ’13 2 in 46.

In 2016 Kendricks had a 250K escalator for having 500 yards, he ended up with 499.

The fan sites gave as much love to Kendricks as R.Rodgers gets on GB sites and the outrage over his cutting matches the outrage that overwhelmed many Packer forum servers when Brad Jones was cut.

I cant believe the deals some of these mediocre TEs have gotten: Gresham 4y/28M [led all TEs with 9 penalties]; Griffen 3yr/9M; Davis 3yr/15M [2nd in penalties with 7]. The Rams had Kendricks for 2 yr/8.5M/Zero guaranteed and they cut him. And obviously they could not trade him for even a swap of 6-7th round picks. This means 32 GMs think he stinks because mediocre TEs get 5-7M per.

His agent didn’t disclose the deal; because it was embarrassing; I’m guessing 1 yr 1.5M tops and Kendricks took it because he feared he’d end up with a min deal.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Won't cost us anything in the compensatory formula though. With Bennett, we get HIM, but that's a player NOT playing on a rookie contract for 4 years that we could have had. Kendricks just is what he is, let's see what he can do with a real QB.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
shield4life
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Your talking about a tight end that has been in a team that's has been an overall terrible offense for the past 5 years. Kendricks will surprise you!
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.