beast
6 years ago

Spoke to an NFL agent and asked him why he thinks it took so long for Adams to sign.
He gave a theory as to why and a review of the rookie contracts signed over the last few years supports this. But its pretty complicated and wouldn't fit on a bumper sticker.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

So you're humble bragging that you got to talk with an NFL agent! 😎
And got to ask him a question that we're wondering about! 😁
But you won't tell us what he said because it's too long? 😞

Just because someone complained about "dry , data filled , long-winded " doesn't mean you should stop sharing what you have learned or what you know just because it's long.

Sharing idea possibilities and/or educating each other is part of the process and part of the reason some have suggested that the Wisconsin fans are some of the best football fans, which I was surprised to hear being talked about, since it was said at different times at both Rams and Chiefs training camps, which I guess was being held in Wisconsin at the time.

BTW: He said he's never heard of an "averages deal."

Of course you wouldn't, because that phraseology (on my part) was horrible. There are no averages deals other than franchise and transition tag.

What I meant (and should of said) was verbal agreement to wait for the other deals first and review them before completely finishing their deal. But I take short cuts sometimes and wrongly said "averages deals".
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
True, I don't know who's fault it truely was.
One group of millionaires trying to one up another group of millionaires.
True it doesn't affect my life. It will continue the same either way....boring as heck with not much I can do about it.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

So you're humble bragging that you got to talk with an NFL agent! 😎
And got to ask him a question that we're wondering about! 😁
But you won't tell us what he said because it's too long? 😞

Just because someone complained about "dry , data filled , long-winded " doesn't mean you should stop sharing what you have learned or what you know just because it's long.

Sharing idea possibilities and/or educating each other is part of the process and part of the reason some have suggested that the Wisconsin fans are some of the best football fans, which I was surprised to hear being talked about, since it was said at different times at both Rams and Chiefs training camps, which I guess was being held in Wisconsin at the time.

Of course you wouldn't, because that phraseology (on my part) was horrible. There are no averages deals other than franchise and transition tag.

What I meant (and should of said) was verbal agreement to wait for the other deals first and review them before completely finishing their deal. But I take short cuts sometimes and wrongly said "averages deals".

Originally Posted by: beast 

I am not you! Don't think like you! And would NEVER act like you! EVER! So Please, Carnac, stick to the subject matter even if you believe you have permission to do other stuff.

Actually discussed Adams with an agent, a "retired" agent and someone who did it for a short period of time and would never confine the subject to your phraseology unless it was a term of art in the industry. I reserve such petty logic errors nasty dishonest type arguments for those that call themselves the WI sports expert fans [rolling eyes].

And to be exact, these three guys were musing about how funny it would be if every team waited for others to sign, so they could all average. Not that I presented it directly to them, but your thought was fully represented in the discussion, it was laughed at because, well, because its pretty stupid. At least the real "experts" think so.

Now to get the real answer you'd have to have both 1265 and Adams' agent tell the same story; because even if you heard from one you couldn't take it to the bank. And they said Ball/Ted ain't talking, EVER. FYI, the speculation ranged from personal [Adams just became a new father a few weeks ago] to several other non cash related contract terms; some of which are being pushed back on by the NFLPA, so they could have been the culprits of the delay as well. But, one thing we know for certain, it wasn't about an amount of money or averaging.

PS: The suggestion has been made that the thing that makes loud-mouthed fans revel in their self-professed expertise and get all kiddy-shitty when their ideas are rebutted involves contamination of the WI's aquifers.
beast
6 years ago

I am not you! Don't think like you! And would NEVER act like you! EVER! So Please, Carnac, stick to the subject matter even if you believe you have permission to do other stuff.

Seriously? This is suppose to about Packers and fans, and sharing knowledge and you're getting offended and making things personal for no reason?

Please stop being offended... you dropped that you got to talk with agents... that's pretty awesome. You drew attention to something you should be proud of! That's a humble brag and again, awesome.

As far as sticking to the subject, it's kind of hard to when you're being personally attacked. Which I'm assuming you felt personally attack for some reason? Which is why I'm assuming you responded like you did including clearly getting off subject yourself and sadly the mods are going to lock this thread too because it's getting personal. 😞
But none of my post was meant as an insult to you!

And to be exact, these three guys were musing about how funny it would be if every team waited for others to sign, so they could all average. Not that I presented it directly to them, but your thought was fully represented in the discussion, it was laughed at because, well, because its pretty stupid. At least the real "experts" think so.

Yeah if EVERY team did that, it would be pretty stupid, because they would all be waiting on each other. OF course, I never you're wrongly implying that I said that EVERY team SEEMED to do it, when I just offered the theory that one team SEEMED to do it.

Now to get the real answer you'd have to have both 1265 and Adams' agent tell the same story; because even if you heard from one you couldn't take it to the bank. And they said Ball/Ted ain't talking, EVER. FYI, the speculation ranged from personal [Adams just became a new father a few weeks ago] to several other non cash related contract terms; some of which are being pushed back on by the NFLPA, so they could have been the culprits of the delay as well. But, one thing we know for certain, it wasn't about an amount of money or averaging.

GREAT INFO! And this is what I was trying to encourage you to post, so THANK YOU!
I'm going to applauded your post for this part.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
6 years ago

You really do blow a lot of smoke 👅

But seriously, what's up with all the passive aggressive smack talk?

Originally Posted by: beast 

I think you have a secret admirer.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (3h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (4h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (7h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (10h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (11h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (21h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.