beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Who's important of the 2018 FAs, and of them, who do you think the Packers should be planning on resigning?

This article  about the Packers needing to resign (mainly) Davante Adams, but also some on Corey Linsley, and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix got me thinking about the 2018 Free Agents and wondering who fans thought were important, and who (if any) should the Packers be thinking about resigning before the 2017 season ends.

I believe Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had his 5th year option picked up and so he'll be a FA in 2019. I believe this is a list of the 2018 Packers FAs.

Who's important of the 2018 FAs, and of them, who do you think the Packers should be planning on resigning? And who (if anyone) should they be trying to resign before the end of the 2017 season?

WR Davante Adams
WR Jeff Janis

TE Richard Rodgers

C Corey Linsley
OG Lane Taylor
OG Jahri Evans
OG/C Don Barclay

DL Ricky Jean Francois

OLB Jayrone Elliott

ILB Jordan Tripp

SS Morgan Burnett

CB Davon House
CB Demetri Goodson

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
6 years ago
Adams, linsley, Taylor, Barclay, Elliot, house, burnett
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
We won't know until after we have seen some of the younger players get on to the field this year. But of the 2018 list there is only a few-

WR Davante Adams
C Corey Linsley
OG Lane Taylor
SS Morgan Burnett

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
Would be nice to get Adams and Burnett signed early. Linsley is also likely a must sign.

The rest will depend on how they and the rookies perform.

A bit of uncertainty on the DL at Tackle and we once again have suspensions. Hopefully Ricky Jean-François takes advantage the way Guion did when he signed as a FA.
Smokey
6 years ago
Much will depend on the performances turned in during the 2017 Season . To many factors will come into play before the 2018 FA's will need to be discussed . In fact , the 2017 TC has not even begun yet.

Let's all get back on board the Relevant Current Subject Train and return to more less reaching subjects . 2018 will get here soon enough , [biggrin]

UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

Would be nice to get Adams and Burnett signed early. Linsley is also likely a must sign.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Yeah I thought some might debate about Burnett, because on one hand he has done a very nice job, but on the other, it looks like between Brice and Jones the Packers might have new, younger, cheaper players who might be able to play just as well.

If Adams is willing to sign a long term deal less than Nelson (who took less than market value because as he put it, he's never going to spend all the money he earned in his last contract)... but if Adams is willing to sign for less than that, it might be interesting to lock him up in a multiyear deal.

I agree with Linsley, but he keeps missing offseason stuff due to injuries, so I might throw some injury item in there, that protects the Packers some in case of injuries.

Also, I don't know if the Packers are interested in keeping these guys long term,
- WR Jeff Janis
- OG/C Don Barclay
- OLB Jayrone Elliott
but if they are interested in locking them up for the future, then before the season might be the best time to lock them up money wise, as they could get their best opportunities this coming season... and only raise their market value even more.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
6 years ago
I'd like to see Elliot given a good chance to show what he has early in the season and if he shows well lock him up early on the cheap.
isocleas2
6 years ago
If the Packers can get below market deals done for Adams, Linsley or Taylor I'm for it. Imo all three will increase their value this season if they stay healthy so if the Packers are confident in their future with the team get the ink on paper now.

Burnett I'd wait until after the season is over. He's older than the other priority FAs and his contract demands may be too high considering the depth we have behind him. I'm a big Burnett fan but he may be a casualty of the business.
Bigbyfan
6 years ago
If I'm running the Packers, (thankfully I'm not) I'm trying my best to sign Haha to a long term deal this year. He is only gonna get more expensive. Last year, he was tied for thr lead among safeties in interceptions and was a 2nd team All Pro on a terrible defense. Lets not forget he's one of the few guys on our team that can manage to play 16 games.
blank
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago

Burnett I'd wait until after the season is over. He's older than the other priority FAs and his contract demands may be too high considering the depth we have behind him. I'm a big Burnett fan but he may be a casualty of the business.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

I am very curious to see Burnett doing hybrid duties at ILB this year. Perhaps this allows for better and faster players on the field on passing downs. It is hard not to fall in love with Brice and how hard he hits. Not to jinx the guy, but he was the guy I was thinking of when Nerd created his injury thread because it is hard to hit like that and not run the risk of hurting yourself.

My hope with Burnett is to get the deal done early in the hopes of a discount. Chances are that if we wait I agree with you he may be unaffordable and we once again lose veteran leadership in our DBs.

Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (22m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.