brnt247
15 years ago
The Packers past 3 losses have been by a combined 7 points. We're a force to be reckoned with in the NFC. Although our record isn't the greatest, it shows that we have had great opportunities to win nearly every game. With performances like that, it is very plausible that this team can get back to where they got last year. If we win this game and the game against the Panthers I would have to say we're the second best team in the NFC.
blank
obi1
15 years ago

So, about the GAME 🙂

I'm still pissed about the Titans game and just don't 'know' that the Packers will pull this one off too. Last week was great, but how we lost to the Titans and how we let the Vikings walk on us... really bothers me.

Just don't know which Packers team will show up.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Zero,

We're still the BEST team in the NFC North. Bears game predicated that we just may be the best team that THEY've played and it may be that we are the best team right now in the NFC.

Though I think the Packers are unpredictable, I think we are seeing the Packers of last year, sans #4. Packers will be fine. NFC north will be ours again and soon, we will be in the playoffs!
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I'm not so confident. I'm not worried at all about our QB. He's going to continue to do some good things while occasionally make the bonehead throw or a bad throw. That's just part of the game.

It's the lack of consistency on our OL and DL. They play good one week, then think they just need to roll their hats out there next game and we get tossed around.

I want to see the same urgency, same aggression and same execution for more than a game or two. This team is NOT reaching its potential and I am putting that on the coaching staff from top to bottom.

I'm still going to root like mad hell crazy go nuts for the Packers, but gosh... I want some consistency.
UserPostedImage
alharrisdude31
15 years ago
the saints can and will win...of we put the starting D on inactive---maybe
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

of we put the starting D on inactive---maybe

"alharrisdude31" wrote:

Say what?
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago

"alharrisdude31" wrote:

Put our defense on inactive? NO can't run the ball, all they do is throw the ball with Brees, hence his yardage.

The only thing we have to be watching for is the flats if Reggie is back. He can't seem to run between the tackles but he's just crazy out there.

Our run defense seems to have improved somewhat, if last week wasn't a fluke, so we should have no problem stopping McAllister.

I think we have a pretty good chance, especially with their less that stellar defense and our potentially deadly offense.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I can't believe how many Packer fans here trash talk their own team.
UserPostedImage
DGB454
15 years ago

I can't believe how many Packer fans here trash talk their own team.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Huh?
obi1
15 years ago

"alharrisdude31" wrote:

you mean IF...

I get it! :icon_smile:
blank
dfosterf
15 years ago
From another board, used with the author's permission. I like it.

(Very nice job SINATRA)

Copied and Pasted:

Reggie Bush tore his medial meniscus in his left knee October 19, and underwent arthroscopic surgery the following day. He's been out ever since and is listed as questionable for this week's game. Prior to going out, Bush was averaging 3.4 yards per carry for 42 yards per game. But that figure doesn't really explain what Bush brings to their offense. He was also averaging 8.7 yards per reception, for an average of 52 receiving yards per game. He had 5 TDs on the year. Deuce McAllister has been up and down with injuries himself, averaging 3.7 yards per carry - he's not featured in the passing game much at all. Pierre Thomas is the third RB they've featured this year, and has put up the best numbers on the ground, averaging 4.6 yards per carry. In case it wasn't clear so far, tailback has been a revolving door for the Saints this year due to injuries and Bush's inability to pound it up the middle. I'm torn on whether I want Bush to play or not - it bodes well for us since he's weak at pounding between the tackles, but he's great running outside...and our guys have been vulnerable to that. He's also an excellent receiver, and the Packers have been a bit vulnerable to RBs in the passing game. Thomas and McAllister are the guys they'll go to if they want to take it up the middle, but McAllister has been inconsistent all year and Thomas is nothing spectacular.

As a team, the Saints are ranked 28th in the league on the ground, averaging 91.8 yards per game (3.7 YPC). By comparison, the Packers are ranked 19th with 108.3 yards per game (4.0 YPC).

The passing game is the real strength of the Saints offense. They're number one in the league in that category, averaging 320 yards per game. Aside from Colston, who is very talented, their receivers are simply solid - nothing too spectaular. Colston hasn't been too much of a factor due to injuries - he's only got 252 receiving yards so far this year, with no TDs. Because of Colston's injuries, Brees has spread the ball ground a bit: David Patten has 162 yards (1 TD), Devery Henderson has 554 (3 TDs), Robert Meachem has 244 yards (2 TDs), and Lance Moore has 609 (5 TDs). The Tight Ends are also viable targets: Shockey has 262 yards (0 TDs), Mark Campbell has 121 yards (2 TDs), and Billy Miller has 388 yards (0 TDs). Basically, it's a lot like the Packers offense. Rodgers and Brees both have their favorites, but they've got viable targets at almost all the skill positions.

New Orleans has a pretty solid O-line. The ground game is unremarkable, but Brees has great protection - he's been sacked 8 times all year (compared to Rodgers' 21 sacks). That said, Brees is known to throw some picks. He's got 11 on the year (compared to Rodgers' 6) and has three games with two or more INTs. Our ballhawking secondary should definitely be able to generate some turnovers.

The New Orleans defense is, in a word, underwhelming. They rank 26th against the pass, surrendering 235.2 yards per game (compared to the Packs' 176.3), 16 TDs (Pack: 11) and opposing QBs are averaging an 86.5 rating (Packers: 59.5). They're a little better against the run, but still lousy - ranked 19th (Packers: 27th) overall allowing 1110 yards this season (Packers 1474), for 111 per game (Packers 147.4) and 4.3 YPC (Packers 4.9).

In general, the Saints defense has very little bite. They don't do much very well. Their offense has been fairly one dimensional so far, but there is a possibility that both McAllister and Bush will be healthy this week. In general, our secondary will have its hands full - almost everyone on that offense is a possible target. Our man to man coverage should allow us to match up well, and we should be able to frustrate Brees and generate some turnovers. Pressure from our front four would be nice, but isn't necessary - Brees will give you some gifts anyway.

The big thing going for NO is that they're playing at home. They're better at home (5-5, 4-1 at home) and Brees is more dangerous. Only 4 of his 11 INTs came at home, and 13 of his 18 TDs came at home.

MY NOTE/UPDATE--- Bush looks good to go---unfortunately.
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.