uffda udfa
6 years ago

Its a ruse

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Wonder where they ever got this idea? I had a twitter discourse the other night about how we let 7 go who wanted too much and just replaced them with cheaper guys. This kind of goes hard against the grain of us being ALL IN or Ted magically changing his ways late in his career. Heck, I posted about that here, too...

http://www.packershome.com/forum/posts/m383312-Report--Packers-reach-a-deal-with-Ahmad-Brooks#post383312 

Also, it makes you question why we haven't been doing this for years?

What IS different is we finally didn't overpay all of our own. That causes one to wonder who is really calling the shots behind closed doors.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

RichMcGeorge
6 years ago
On one of the Milwaukee stations yesterday or the day before, the reporter (possibly Jason Wilde) stated that Ted was particularly terse when he spoke publicly on what Tuesday?

He went on to say that while Ted as usual provided zero information, he did not engage in his usual dry humor and seemed displeased to even have to be at the presser.

Clearly, something is going on, but it is all speculation at this point.
beast
6 years ago

The post turns into a reply about me? All you have to do is answer the question. If the question irritates you, then attack the questioner?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

The question doesn't irritate me, the completely biased undermine anyone opinion who disagrees with your from the very first post... setting up the false narrative that you either agree with me, or your a "rabid Ted defender" which is bullshit... is what bothers me... and that's why I called it out from the start.

If all I have to do is answer, then maybe all you have to do is ask... and not the clearly biased editorializing that you setup for yourself.

Speaking to meeting with the media being 1% of the job is deflecting and ironically doing what you're accusing me of.

Ironically, that's kind of the opposite of what I'm assuming you of... as deflecting is more defensive, while you're trying to pushing your opinion onto other by undermining those that disagree and editorializing it to try to make it sounds as if the facts back your opinion, instead of letting the facts stand on their own.

It's horrifying if that's how he is in the limited time we actually see him. It doesn't make you wonder how bad he is the other 99 or do you just turn a blind eye and say he's only messed up in front of the media?

No I don't turn a blind eye (which is again is setting a false narrative through editorializing)...

People judge GMs all the team via how the team is doing, which I believe we all do...

I feel u would be one not to ever have the conversation that needs to happen with a loved one when it's clear they're declining and intervention is required for everyone's safety.

AGAIN false narrative through editorializing, damn you do it a lot.

As to things people don't know...Eliot and Brian very well could be making the moves.

True, they MIGHT BE... and they MIGHT NOT BE... yet you set the narrative in a single direction.

To think Ted is suddenly 180 from normal? Lots of circumstantial evidence Ted is a figurehead now and may have been for awhile.

Contradicted yourself there... first it's "suddenly" and then it's "may have been for a while", both were done for dramatic effect

It's a conversation that needs to happen whether you want to participate or not.

I agree with this... this should be talked about... but it should be done via an unbiased narrative, where you were clear from the very first post where you were trying to take the story... Thompson out, new guys in... which is what you've been hoping for, for years!
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
No contradiction. Yes, suddenly it appears he's doing things differently, but it may have been different behind the scenes for awhile. Nuance is lost on you.

Will you ever answer what you think about the actual question? You keep going on and on about me. Is that so you don't have to address this uncomfortable subject? Ted needs to go. He's not in good shape.

I knew this would be very difficult for his supporters. It's not wrong for me to point that out ahead of time. It's the truth, or would you argue that, too? Your lack of an answer in lieu of an attack speaks volumes.

If it should be talked about, why aren't you talking about it in favor of me?

Message is right on...it's the messenger you take issue with.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
6 years ago
Ted cant run as fast as he did either; that doesn't mean he's losing his mind.

The problem Uffda is you're analyzing the way Ted is speaking instead of WHAT he is saying. I'd suggest get 2 transcripts from today and 3 years ago and then tell me what the differences are.

Now McGeorge's comment that much more germane. Though a shift in temperament, eve if true, doesnt necessarily indicate someone is losing it.

Here's an example of one that has lost his mind, Trump:

He has no attention span: reports have to be cliff-noted and his name needs to be installed in every paragraph; because if his name is in it he'll pay more attention to it.

Defining things only with superlatives, "worst", "terrific," "great" "the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake you'd ever seen."

He blurted out classified info to Russians [Unless he was helping them]. Israel shared intel they received from a very high placed source in Syria's ISIS under the condition we tell NO ONE. Then for no reason at all a week later Trump for an unknown reason blurts it out that "I didn't say the intel came from Israel?" DOI! well now ya did, ya dope.

Makes countless moronic statements. Spoke about Andrew Jackson's opinions on the civil war though he died 15 years before it; thought Fredric Douglas was alive; said that Paveratti was a good friend and was unaware that he died a number of years ago; flew from Saudi Arabia to Israel and said, "its good to be back form the Middle east." Israel's ambassador to US did a face palm.

Loses the ability to keep tract of what he's saying; trump repeats himself over and over and he never did this when speaking 20-30 years ago.

Acts more impulsively! Someone says something bad about him; he has to attack them, usually on twitter. He openly supports Nazis in Charlottesville, because that is a large portion of his base and then was convinced to pull back. But then watches Fox News who are talking about how Washington and Jefferson have slaves and they're statues aren't coming down. Trump impulsively sets up a press conference convinced by what he just heard justifies his going back to his position of support for the alt right.

Developed a misplaced sense of what is important or what others find interesting. He carries a color coated electoral map of his election victory, showing it to everyone and he tak abot it all the time; he pulls it out for foreign diplomats and leaders. He speaks about it during phone conversations w/ other word leaders. He's like the crazy grandpa that tells that same old fish catching story over and over again.

Keeping tract of lies is an advanced mental behavior. Trump gets caught in and average of 5 lies per day. He and staff decide a strategy, Pence, Spicer, Huckleberry Frankensanders, etc all publicly express the strategy and bam with a tweet the next morning he makes them all look like liars.

Trump in equivocating over his increase in troops, which established another campaign lie to get us out of Afghanistan, said, "But all my life I've heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office; in other words, when you're President of the United States." He does this all the time, a speech writer uses nice flowery language and trump feels like he has to explain it, because has lost his ability to mentally distinguish what a normal person can or cannot understand.

Ted scouts like he always has, he doesn't need reports cliff-noted or embellished for his entertainment.

He doesn't show any of the severe metal impairments that Trump exhibits. I listened to his presser the other day and I saw no change whatsoever in WHAT he was saying.

When Ted is asked about cut downs and he says, "Nelson, Cobb and Adams are locks and Davis, Janis, Allison, Yancy and McCaffery are fighting for 3 roster spots and I appraise them right now in that order;" This is when we will know Ted has truly lost his mind!
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Okay. Got it...Ted is fine according to you because Trump is not. Wrong to bring Trump into this discussion, period, or to prop up your view Ted is okay. That's bizarre. You okay? LOL.

I have listened to his pressers...they're the basis for my post. Not just the way he's saying things but how he looks and where his answers go. You find no fault? I tried like crazy to find the one I really wanted to find but it's not out there anymore where at 7 minutes in at owner's meetings he starts really going off the rails. If I was the org, I'd have that one scrubbed, too. It was awful. People with these kinds of issues, like I believe Ted has, can go through periods of seeming just fine. Once you've seen him struggle more than once, you know there's an issue there, and how bad it actually is is hard to determine based on how little he shows himself.
UserPostedImage

beast
6 years ago

Will you ever answer what you think about the actual question?

Maybe if someone asked actual questions. Your "actual questions" aren't really even questions...

How do you have a guy who has clear mental decline running your franchise? It's unacceptable.

His presser at the owner's meetings was particularly alarming from 7 minutes in on... but I can no longer find this video and it was something. Where did it go?

Among this crowd we have a ton of rabid Ted defenders but can I ask you honestly? Do you really think there's nothing wrong with this man? It is time for the org to move on from him as gracefully as possible.

The first one is implying editorializing statement, that "It's unacceptable" to "have a guy who has clear mental decline running your franchise"... you're implying that Thompson has a clear mental decline... which is an editorializing statement not a question.

Where did it go? I don't know... I honestly don't. And not really a question.

Yes you can honestly ask, but instead you dishonestly use editorializing to insult those that might disagree with you. Not really a question.

I think something is wrong with everyone, including all of us reading this. Ted Thompson is also getting old, and older people sometimes have more problems... what are those problems? I don't pretend to know, and I hear you claiming you do. Oh look, you had one very easy to answer real question.

Those are your "actual questions"

You keep going on and on about me. Is that so you don't have to address this uncomfortable subject? Ted needs to go. He's not in good shape.

No, you are the uncomfortable subject... and I'm addressing it. Those questions are barely questions and were easy to "answer" (because they're not really questions).

Ted needs to go is the biased point, that you set this whole thing up about and your been saying that year after year after year... that's why you asked those biased bullshit questions... which have to do more with you insulting people you don't like (Thompson and those that disagree with you) then you asking about Thompson health.

Message is right on...it's the messenger you take issue with.

Yes call it want it is... that was a message of you preaching to get rid of Thompson... that was not actual questions at all.

I take issue with pretending that the message was unbiased or questions, when it was straight up preaching that we need to get rid of Thompson... not actually asking any questions.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
This is from the summation of my OP:

***Among this crowd we have a ton of rabid Ted defenders but can I ask you honestly? Do you really think there's nothing wrong with this man? It is time for the org to move on from him as gracefully as possible. ***

1) Stated the truth and asked teaser question
2) Asked the question
3) Stated my solution to the problem I'm stating exists in my opinion.

You want to rewrite the entire post to be something you just can't answer because you don't like the subject and you don't like me, and you don't want anyone telling you something you don't want to hear even if it's true. You suffer from reverse confirmation bias. If it doesn't fit what fits your confirmation bias you really go off on me.

Ironically, you have no issue cutting and pasting issues that have to do with my defense because that keeps you so busy that you never have to get to answering the actual question.

IS TED OKAY, beast? Is it time for him to step down due to whatever impairment he might have? Or...Is he just fine?

Telling us the truth isn't losing to me or giving into me...it's just the truth. I think you really struggle trying to say that I'm right. Something is wrong with everyone? Wow. That is some generalization to avoid the specific question that you won't acknowledge is even a question at all.
UserPostedImage

Barfarn
6 years ago

Okay. Got it...Ted is fine according to you because Trump is not. Wrong to bring Trump into this discussion, period, or to prop up your view Ted is okay. That's bizarre. You okay? LOL.

I have listened to his pressers...they're the basis for my post. Not just the way he's saying things but how he looks and where his answers go. You find no fault? I tried like crazy to find the one I really wanted to find but it's not out there anymore where at 7 minutes in at owner's meetings he starts really going off the rails. If I was the org, I'd have that one scrubbed, too. It was awful. People with these kinds of issues, like I believe Ted has, can go through periods of seeming just fine. Once you've seen him struggle more than once, you know there's an issue there, and how bad it actually is is hard to determine based on how little he shows himself.

LOL, ya I'm okay..LOL, I was just gonna mention a few things about Trump, but, my fingers just wouldn't stop...loss of impulse control is what I called it when Trump did it LOL. This shows another example of my mental impairment with age, though interestingly my typing skills have improved...LOL

But, please dont miss the point cause I went all Trump-o-holic on ya'll...LOL

I dont deny what your saying is true; but that's a sign of physical impairment, not mental impairment. Trump's delivery has changed too and it will for most of us as we age. To determine if there's mental impairment ya gotta look at at the content of what he's saying, not the delivery. That's why I said to make your point, you'd need to analyze transcripts, it'll be easier if your not distracted by the delivery.
beast
6 years ago

You want to rewrite the entire post to be something you just can't answer because you don't like the subject and you don't like me, and you don't want anyone telling you something you don't want to hear even if it's true. You suffer from reverse confirmation bias. If it doesn't fit what fits your confirmation bias you really go off on me.

No one can answer because there was no fucking questions in the first post.

Um, you can't see that you're the one confirming Bulaga is a bust and Thompson is ill, with little to no proof. That is confirmation bias.

IS TED OKAY, beast? Is it time for him to step down due to whatever impairment he might have? Or...Is he just fine?

Unlike you, I'm not pretending to know what Ted's personal health is, because I don't know... I don't think anyone on here knows. I don't think you know either, even though you're pretending you do, because it advances your idea that Thompson should be there. That's your confirmation bias.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (12h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.