Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
The trade for Richardson was typical gambling drunk reactionary Schneider. The only good thing about free agency is you don’t give up draft picks, the player is secured for 3-4-5 years and you have an entire off season to get him ready. Richardson is like signing an expensive FA [$8m Per] with all the risks and trappings that come with that, but you get him only for 1 year, just before beggining of season AND giving up a 2nd rounder and a 7th [for Kearse]. This is not “going for broke” it’s typical impulsive degenerate gambling half in the bag Schneider.

And they had to restructure Baldwin to pay the bill for Richardson.

Schneider destroyed what could have been a dynasty assembled by Scot Mccloughan and Schneider's knowledge of Ted's draft board w/ silly deals like this and for Graham, Harvin, TE Miller, etc.

Thank god for Ted, who plans ahead and keeps his head. And when things don’t quite work out he signs an Ahmed Brooks and John Grecco for pennies on the dollar, he keeps all his picks and they’ll do 95% of what Richardson is gonna do [assuming Richardson doesn’t just do the FA bust boogie].

To make-up for their idiocy Seattle CHEATS. Their players are doped-up; they intentionally break the rules like by holding every play and now they’re sending at least 8 players to get Regenokine treatments. The blood is removed, heated, put in a centrifuge and only certain facets of blood are re-injected. How is this not an illegal performance enhancing? It’s a form of blood doping.

It also proves their 100% disregard for their player’s health. The part of blood re-injected increases the anti-inflammatory properties of the blood, that is, it reduces swelling and blocks pain, it does not heal like PRP. It’s like having a “natural” IV of ibuprofen 24/7. NO ONE knows the long term effects of this stuff on the liver, other organs or heart and circulatory systems. Also, knees were not built for football; when damage is done to the knee there is this thing called pain and inflammation that tells you stop doing that. Artificially, removing this built in safety system means a player can tolerate more pain and the swelling that should be there to protect the knee from further damage reduced. None of these guys will be able to walk at 50 or sooner; but Carroll, Schneider and the 12s don’t really care much about that!
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Interesting to hear you mention Regenokine treatments. I was investigating that subject the other day when I saw they were sending 3 more players for the treatments. I had the same thought you did, but it is their own blood. There is nothing foreign being added. It's a slippery slope and I think this should be banned but it is seen as a healing procedure like putting someone in a hyperbaric chamber. Should those be outlawed also? Tough issue.

We'll see how this works out for the Hawks. We get to see Mr. Richardson Week 1.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

Interesting to hear you mention Regenokine treatments. I was investigating that subject the other day when I saw they were sending 3 more players for the treatments. I had the same thought you did, but it is their own blood. There is nothing foreign being added. It's a slippery slope and I think this should be banned but it is seen as a healing procedure like putting someone in a hyperbaric chamber. Should those be outlawed also? Tough issue.

We'll see how this works out for the Hawks. We get to see Mr. Richardson Week 1.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I dont see anything wrong with a Hypo-chamber and I dont think its a good comparison, it doesnt inject anything foreign into the body or enhance performance.

And restructuring the blood and re-injecting it is not "their own blood" because what they're injecting was not and cannot be produced by the body. It don't matter where it initially came from it is a substance 100% foreign to the body.

I think a better comparison is PRP [platelet rich plasma], which is legal. There you take out blood, alter it leaving behind platelets and re-injecting the manipulated blood.

But, Blood doping, which re-injects a person's blood after stuff other than red blood cells are removed, is banned. The extra red blood cells enhance performance.

Extra platelets don't enhance performance, they promote the BODY's HEALING, so they've decided its legal.

Regenokine doesnt promote healing; it masks the injury, it artificially masks pain by reducing inflammation, it allows a player to play on a more severely injured knee than he'd otherwise be able. Just like pain killers! It works like smelling salt to snap a guy out of a concussion so he can get right back out there. This will unequivocally lead to more injury and more long term damage done to the body.

This procedure also can last 2-4 years! No one knows what the long term effects of PRP is either; but after a week or so the extra platelets would have died and the blood coursing thru a players vessels is 100% normal and natural. Doing the Regenokine procedure a person's blood does not return to normal for years. Does this lead to more heart disease, will it cause clots to form faster or clots to break off easier overtime? No one knows.

This is putting a foreign body into the body for the sole purpose of enhancing performance, just like blood doping.

Another key factor in deciding what should be banned is whether all teams/players have equal access to it. If a treatment is otherwise okay but only the 3 or 4 richest franchises could afford it, it must be banned. Likewise, if a substance is unsafe in possibility or reality, it is only available to those willing to sacrifice their future health for a payday today; so it is not available to all and must be banned.

Oh and the full effects of Richardson wont be felt for a number of years, they lost a 2nd and a 6 or 7th rounder. If Seattle gets to SB, then the loss of future assets was probably worth it. Do ya think Richardson can make that much fo a difference? I don't!
Porforis
6 years ago
I 100% understand WHY, but I think it's funny players in states where pot is legal can't smoke for pain management but they can have their blood drained, altered, and pumped back into them for pain management.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (3h) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (9h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.