uffda udfa
6 years ago
Gotta believe McCray and Patrick are on thin ice as well as Lenzy Pipkins. Those 3 are all in danger of being shuttled out the door after we potentially claim some guys. Heck, Ringo may not be safe either if we were looking for help on the DL. He was last in so he'll be first out if we find someone.

Who is coming? Post your rumors and desires. Any guys who might have trade value?

I'm watching Seattle's cuts. I gotta think Rubin and Desir have some appeal to us. There has to be some OL out there we're interested in. Bears cut one that a friend of mine who writes on them was surprised to see. Bears have a very good OL so one of their cuts is intriguing.

Vogel, Goode and Crosby look set so no drama there for the first time in awhile.

Still think Mays and Cobb are possibilities for trade action. although, confidence is low on RC18. Curious to see what Eagles do at RB.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
6 years ago
I think McCray and Patrick are just being saved in case they can't find anyone they like to bring in after waivers go through.
beast
6 years ago

Who is coming? Post your rumors and desires.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I heard a rumor that OLB Ahmad Brooks is coming 😂

I don't think Patrick is on thin ice, I thought he earned his spot... and some thought he played well enough last year to get a spot (I didn't) but he had a cast on his hand and still played surprisingly well.

Ringo has physical limitations, but he's not bad at pass rushing and that's important.

I'm watching Seattle's cuts. I gotta think Rubin and Desir have some appeal to us. There has to be some OL out there we're interested in. Bears cut one that a friend of mine who writes on them was surprised to see. Bears have a very good OL so one of their cuts is intriguing.

Still think Mays and Cobb are possibilities for trade action. although, confidence is low on RC18. Curious to see what Eagles do at RB.

I SERIOUSLY think you're overrating them... Rubin had little interest when he went to Seattle and has only gotten older/worse since. Desir has been cut by 3 teams in the last year.

Who is the Bears OL was surprised to see?

Cobb has big contract and low numbers... that's normally not good for trade actions especially with a GM that has said he doesn't like trading away players based on how it effect players in the locker room.

Mays could be traded... but I hope not... I still think he has the highest ceiling (and lowest floor) of the RBs that they drafted.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Will Poehls was the G that my buddy was surprised to see be let go as he thought he played well in the pre season. The guy is 6'8 344lbs out of Montana...a true Grizzly Bear! He was close in Tennessee a few years ago and Bears had him on their PS squad previously. Sounds like the PERFECT utility lineman for us can play both T spots and G, something Spriggs CAN'T do!...

From Titans.com:
PRO: The Titans signed Will Poehls as a rookie free agent on May 16, 2014 to provide competition at the offensive tackle position. The 6-foot-8-inch, 334-pounder is a physical lineman who is capable of playing both tackle spots. The Montana product spent the entirety of his first two campaigns on the Titans’ practice squad.

I am overrating the Hawks cuts but we're desperate so I think both of those guys are potentials.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

Who is coming? Post your rumors and desires. Any guys who might have trade value?

I correctly predicted 51 of the 53 on the roster. The two spots I got wrong were C/OG McCray and CB Pipkins.

C/OG McCray makes sense because you need a back-up Center, and currently Barclay is dealing with an ankle injury (it's ankle right?) and potentially could be IRed and/or take a number of weeks to fully heal. While Patrick got a concussion and I haven't read that he's clear of it (yet). So they needed a back-up Center, at least until one of those guys heal.

CB Pipkins makes less sense to me. Yes he's show potential and might of been able to sneak into one of the last spots but there are currently 7 CBs. The last time I remember the Packers kept 7 CBs was in 2012 when they kept CB Brandian Ross for all of one week, before releasing him as LB Erik Walden suspension was lifted. But the Packers have an injury prone OLB group and OLB Gilbert looked fairly good and might be close to the last spots too... and I thought it'd go to Gilbert.

This is 100% completely speculation, but I have been wondering if there might be a trade in the works for Gunter... some teams prefer those long arms guys. Of course, it could be the simply answer of Pipkins simply graded out among the top 53.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Here's our new C, I hope, unless he has a medical issue...

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
wpr (2h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (2h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (2h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (6h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.