Smokey
6 years ago
Results, the ultimate bottom line !

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

King hasn't even played his first game and you're bringing out the Ahmad Carroll card? That's some crazy hyperbole even for you uffda 😝

House graded out well enough his last year playing in Green Bay that he got paid 6 mil a year to start, and by all accounts the Jags were fine with what they bought up until they switched defenses. He's better than what you are advertising.

One if not both of Randall + Rollins will step up this year, some players need a few years to grow into the position especially when dealing with injuries. However if you've already labeled King the next Carroll I can see how you wouldn't have any patience left for these two. You're wrong, but atleast you're consistent. 😁

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Wrong? You've already said we're getting improvement from R and R. I didn't say King was Ahmad Sterile, I asked the pacolytes what if? You have being better a given, and I ask if it ain't and I'm wrong.

I might make an awful GM but I promise you I would NEVER brag about ANYTHING that wasn't about winning it all. The team would be full of players who understand there is only one winner and we better be it. There wouldn't be any many pamby we're almost as good as NE talk. Relentless pursuit of perfection instead of a flatline approach.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
I am so getting tired of the Casey Hayward argument. Look at his stats. He has more INTs and Pass Defenses in his rookie season than in his final 3 seasons with the Pack combined. Guess what Randall and Rollins had pretty darn good rookie seasons as well and then got injured in year 2 just like Hayward did.

Barfarn
6 years ago

[I'm] Pessimistic? No way.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

A wise man learns from his mistakes; a real wise man learns from the mistakes of others; but only a total dumbass can’t learn for his own mistakes. Barfarn September 2017

You’re arguments are not pessimistic; they’re biased. Your arguments would 100% flip-flop if Harbaugh were coach/GM. You hate Ted; therefore his picks must necessarily fail. The hate cant be supported with balanced scholarship and logic; so any little thing is seized upon and blown up to a nonsensical degree. Like a guy’s 40 time; Adams’'Randall's play when injured; or stats that are dependent on someone else'd perfromance, like R. Rodgers’ receiving numbers. PFF must be disparaged because a respected independent evaluation on play is kryptonite to feckless and biased arguement, like a free internet is to an oppressive regime. So rather than address the portended failing of any evaluation, you’ll issue ad hominems against PFF's ownership.

Here’s the thing: saying, for example, that Trump kept his campaign promises by describing as “truth” 1 or 2 out of hundreds he kept, is not “truth;” it is still deception, though technically not false.

Truth simply does not exist if it fails to be accompanied by the whole truth in its proper context. Barfarn September 2017

Here’s some mostly factual stuff:

When we played Atl in season, starting OCBs were Hyde and Gunter. Gunter played most against Jones 5 targets, 3 completions, 29 yards, 0 TDs. Jones got hurt early in 2nd half; he was shut down.

In ’16, we won 2 playoff games w/ Hyde, Gunter and Randall starting at CB. Giants were shut down. Dallas had FG, Punt, Punt and then Burnett went down. Outside of long pass to Bryant, which would not have occurred if Burnett were in; The D did quite well in 1st half; near the end of 2nd Q, Randall had to exit game for treatment on his foot; in 1st half Randall gave up 2 catches for 18 0 TDs, 1 1st down. In second half 3-23-1-1. Dallas last 3 drives were TD, TD FG, Hawkins was playing for the last 2 drives.

When Randall was fresh Game 1 of last year, Playing OCB, opposite Shields, so he was targeted; had the highest CB grade issued by PFF; he was simply great. Randall was really bad week 2 v. Minny next week [But Rollins was great; then the next week against Detroit Gunter was great]. Against Detroit Randall played really well [except he slipped on long TD to Jones]; this is the game he hurt his groin[maybe that’s why he went down; had mid season surgery and came back, hurt his Knee against Dallas and was All-pro in playoff game v. Giants [rated by PFF higher than game v Jax]. Then he hurt his foot during practice before Dallas PO game.

It is legitimate to criticize that he might be made of glass; but that doesn’t prevent you for fellating Tretter and Hayward every chance you get.

If you look at just about every NFL star, they didn’t play great every game in their first 16 starts. JJ Watt is a perfect example. His first 16 starts he had 5.5 sacks, 0 QB hits, 9 pressures, 49 tackles, 7 asstd. And in various games he sucked: 1 game= 0 pressure, 0 sacks, 0 tackles, 0 asst tackles; 2 games = 1 tackle and 0s across the board; 1 game=1 tackle, 1 pressure. Then he had other games; 5 tackles, 2 Asst and 3 pressures; 4 tackles, 1 sack 4 pressures; 5 Tackles, 2 asst, 2 sacks, 1 pressures, 1 fumble recovery. He had great games and some very bad games in his first 16 starts, just like Randall, this is a predictor of stardom not bustdom.

Last year Watt was awful: 157 snaps 1.5 sacks, 1 tackle, 0 QB hit and rated worse than Randall by PFF!!!!!!!!! If he was a Packer he'd suck in your eyes. But, because he's not you'll gauge his value with a different standard, you'll account for his injuries.

In Randall’s first 16 starts, he proved he is one tough SOB, that he has the capacity to be great and he is ascending. Learn from your past mistakes!
uffda udfa
6 years ago
First, you're totally off base, B. How can I say great things about the O, if I hate Ted Thompson? My personal feelings toward the man have nothing to do with how I view the talent on the team. For the record, I'm happier this year than any year I can remember in a long long time believing Ted is nothing more than a figurehead.

Funny that you would go to the YOU HATE TED well on this one. That's sophomoric and beneath you. There is SIX YEARS OF EVIDENCE that this guy can't field a competent defense yet you say I say what I say because I hate Ted? Again, what you me or anyone thinks of him has no bearing on the FACT this defense has been a failure for 6 straight seasons. Refute that. Good luck to you, sir. I've said it for years and I am right that this man can not build a defense. Years and years of high picks wasted to produce substandard results. It's truly sad the credit he receives for riding one guy who fell in his lap back in 2005.

All I am is disappointed about the CB position. I think it's a travesty. It's not Ted hate that makes me type what I do about the situation. I think King was a poor pick and an even poorer solution as to how to improve the position and defense on the whole. Davon House as your #1 CB is a total settle and somewhat embarrassing. Why ANYONE would think him worthy of that is beyond me. Was he a #1 when he was here previously? No. Would Jacksonville have released a true #1 CB? No. I understand adding him for DEPTH, I do NOT understand adding him to be your #1 CB. That's a joke. A total joke. We have a bunch of 3rd and 4th CB's on this roster. I mean that with all sincerity that I do not believe we have a CB on this roster that qualifies as a reliable option as 2nd CB. So, if I truly believe that how am I to think this isn't going to cost us? I can't in good conscience see it any other way.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
HOW ABOUT THEM GREEN BAY PACKERS!!
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
With the number of Words Barfarn and UFFDA type, they must be women. No man is that long winded.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
isocleas2
6 years ago

For the record, I'm happier this year than any year I can remember in a long long time believing Ted is nothing more than a figurehead.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You post so much material uffda I don't know where to start refuting, its like a machine gun of "alternative facts" you spray and hope something sticks 😁

So lets just start with what has given you the impression that Ted is no longer fully in charge? The guys underneath him are taking GM interviews with other teams, Ted hasn't committed to stepping down and his bosses are saying they'd like him to stay as long as he wants.

He receives pretty much universal praise from his peers and from most of the Pack fans (the rational ones 😝). He has basically zero pressure to do anything besides what he'd like to do and according to people that know him he likes football and that's about it.

I'm glad you're more excited about the team this year although from your posts that would be a tough conclusion to make. However I'm sorry to say it looks like Ted isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and when he does the Packers are likely going to be worse off for it.
Porforis
6 years ago
This is the way I look at it.

In 2016 the Packers went 11-6, then beat the Giants (another 11-6 team) 38-13 in a game Rodgers played great, Squeaked by a 13-4 team in the Cowboys 34-31 in a game Rodgers played okay to good, and lost to a 12-5 team in the Falcons 44-21 in a game Rodgers played okay to not okay.

If we have a similiar team to last year, what will it take for us to get to the super bowl assuming we make it to the postseason?

1. Rodgers playing good to great every game. I agree we can't rely on this, but if he plays good to great every game, he can carry the team
2. Rodgers playing okay to good every game and the defense/rest of the team being marginally better than they were last year.

I don't think one needs to drink kool aid to think that either of those two things are possible. That being said, I am concerned about the O and D lines. We should have an okay idea after a few games, and a good idea after 6 games or so what kind of team we have. For right now though, I don't think anybody has a reasonable way of saying this team is notably better or worse overall than last year. And with that, I can't see how anybody thinks that we WILL or WILL NOT win the super bowl or at least make it there with any degree of certainty.

Blindly assuming the Packers have no chance based off of minimal changes from last year isn't any better than blindly assuming the Packers are going 16-0 on the road to a super bowl blowout.
uffda udfa
6 years ago

You post so much material uffda I don't know where to start refuting, its like a machine gun of "alternative facts" you spray and hope something sticks 😁

So lets just start with what has given you the impression that Ted is no longer fully in charge? The guys underneath him are taking GM interviews with other teams, Ted hasn't committed to stepping down and his bosses are saying they'd like him to stay as long as he wants.

He receives pretty much universal praise from his peers and from most of the Pack fans (the rational ones 😝). He has basically zero pressure to do anything besides what he'd like to do and according to people that know him he likes football and that's about it.

I'm glad you're more excited about the team this year although from your posts that would be a tough conclusion to make. However I'm sorry to say it looks like Ted isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and when he does the Packers are likely going to be worse off for it.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Facts can't be alternative...they can only be facts. 😁

You must not have been around for the post on Ted's health? It's been written about and noted on twitter, blogs, and through my own personal observation, plus a twitter convo with the owner of PackerReport who admitted Ted is not "okay" but nobody will talk about it. Bill Huber said this to my urging that the media should be covering his health issues as it's a huge story that needs to be addressed by the media. He acknowledged Ted wasn't okay, in his opinion, but he couldn't do a story because nobody would talk about his health issues. Now, you can keep your head in the sand if you so choose, but Ted is declining physically right before your very eyes if you're paying attention. It's sad to see but on a football note it's very alarming.

My belief is Ted is nothing more than a figurehead for the org at this point. It appears the org is going to let him fade to black gracefully rather than doing what I'd hoped they'd do by taking his keys away and announcing he'd retired. I don't think Ted in his current state wants to be told that he's out or needs to go and to avoid a PR mess has decided to just let him make a graceful exit while Eliot and Brian take a bigger role on behind the scenes. This off-season was not a Ted Thompson type offseason by any means. To go over the man's career you won't find another like it I don't think. So, you're left to conclude one of two things...either he has evolved, as his fans contend, or it's not him. For those pushing the evolved narrative that would be an outright admission that he was unevolved and hurting this org the entire time he was here. I can live with that and actually like it much more than what I actually believe which is he's not in full control any longer. Aaron Nagler and I were part of a little dust up on twitter about Ted and his offseason. He is on board with Ted evolving. Again, if you think that then admit he was wrong and you were wrong for backing him all these years because he's FINALLY learned the way he was doing it wasn't the best way.

One thing struck me while reading your post, iso. I'm surprised it never hit me until a few moments ago. When did you become a fan of this team? I'm starting to wonder if the reason my views are so difficult for some is because some of our fanbase is used to winning games. Do you want to talk Packers as much when times are bad as when they are good? I do. I follow this team through highs and lows. I think many of those who want the ears tickled with a long green and yellow feather ain't in that. They're around to front run a little bit. I wonder how many of those types will be around when Aaron is gone and this team goes 3-13 during a rebuild? Will change nothing for me. Will it for you? What type of fan/follower of this team are you really?
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? đŸ„ș I think that means you missed more than half of them 😱
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead đŸ€Ș
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comℱ. All Rights Reserved.