wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
It’s a long post for me but instead of having 10 replies I will stick them all into one. That way Zero doesn’t have to pay the website host for extra posts.

Stop it with the wave when on offense and stop the go pack go chanting when on offense. I think the tickets need that printed on all tickets. "No Wave", or " Go Pack Go" when Packers are on offense

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

As a Gold Package season ticket holder I have seen the wave started (or attempted every game.) Looking around I get the feeling it is people at their first game. I recognize the fans who have started many waves over the years. There is a system to getting a successful wave going which I won’t go into at this time. The Newbies almost never do it the correct way and thus it takes a very long time to get it going the way they do it. Many times they begin with GB on offense. The fans are excited after a successful long play or during a dominate drive and they jump up and try to get it going. I never see the wave in the first half. I suspect the fans have a bit of a glow going and lack the best judgement skills. Thus a statement on the ticket will not work. On more than 10 occasions I have asked the people near me not to do the wave. They asked why. I explained and they said that makes sense. Almost always the wave dies out after 4 or 5 tries due to the knowledgeable fans refusing to participate.

Why?

Also if people are paying big bucks to go, then shouldn't they get to decide what they do and don't do?

Originally Posted by: beast 

I will be the first to say tickets are not cheap but the “Big Bucks” do not come from the fans. I can’t say how much of the 9 Billion dollars ticket sales are but I suspect it is less than 20% of the total revenue for NFL, Inc.

Why? Because that crap interferes with the offense calling plays. Reggie White was always pissed when fans did the wave when they were on offense. Take that wave crap to the parking lot.

It belongs in the game but at the appropriate time. Part of the problem with the wave is it may take time to get fully underway. It can start after a dominate defensive stance. The attempts carry on during the commercial break. (It sure beats watching the commercials they pawn off on the fans in the stands.) It may not fully develop until after the break and now the offense is on the field and people are watching the wave move around the stadium more than the action on the field. The good news is at full force, it only lasts 2 or 4 revolutions at most. About 2 plays.

If you pay for my ticket I'd listen to your rules. If I pay for my own ticket I listen to my own rules.

Most of Reggie White's career was before the NFL started allowing the QBs to wear headsets in their helmets.

With modern headset the wave shouldn't be effecting the offenses play calling that much, unless it's louder than any wave I've been around.

I remember people were complain that Lambeau doesn't have enough people making noise and even the Packers are encouraging people to make noise with their "Get Loud Lambeau" project. Does this mean it's working?

I would accept your Reggie argument except as was pointed out, Aaron does a lot of his play calling at the LOS. No one else has a microphone in his helmet and if they did, they cut the signal about the time they would need it.
The “Get Loud” is only flashed on the board when the team is on defense. Never ever on offense.
The noise from the fans is better after the new seats where put in and they have their “Wall of sound”. All in all I find the results mixed at best. For having 80,000 butts in the stands I don’t think GB can compete with domed stadiums of course. Nov and Dec games don’t work because of all the gloves people wear. In general I also think fans get a little pissed when GB doesn’t run up a big lead early and they continue to put the pressure on. There is as much complaining in the stands as we see on this board. That leads to less noise when GB is on defense. Naturally the defense has not been dominate very often in the last few years and that doesn’t help. The fans rise up and make the most noise (Besides GB TDs) when the defense makes 2 or 3 really strong plays. Also the opponent is backed up deep in the own half of the field. And when a solid stand by our defense can be the turning point in a game.
In short, if GB isn’t playing well the fans typically are not very active either.

How about a silent wave? Would be a cool sight: the crowd doing the wave, but the stadium quiet enough to hear Aaron's cadence in the top row.

Originally Posted by: AbbaGav 

I would love to see a silent wave. I can’t imagine it ever happening but that would be awesome.
+1.

If they can't get plays called, they need to take a pay cut or get a different job.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

It’s not a matter of can they call plays or not. They can call plays in every domed stadium. It’s a matter how hard should our offense have to work to get the job done when they are in their own stadium? As I mentioned the wave distracts fans from watching the game. Why pay all of that money and then watch a bunch of people ½ a mile away stand up?

Astounded at the response in thread. Anyone opposed to not making our offenses job harder is a fucking tool. It's common knowledge you are quiet so your offense can function and loud so the opponents offense can't. Idiots.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Common sense isn’t very common these days. All the more so when someone has had a few brews.

Can't believe how big pansies people are becoming. Players once played better when they were being cheered for. Now we get speakers in the helmet and they cry because of noise.

Put on the big boy pants, shut up and be glad people show up to cheer for you getting paid to play a game.

1 player has the speaker. He doesn’t have a mic to talk to other players. It doesn’t make them pansies. It is a simple request to the fans. “You love this team. You want us to score. Helps us by not hindering us.
And if you saw the Rodgers comments, they are glad fans cheer. There is a better time to do so that’s all.
Look if the team was lousy LA and no one cared, then do the wave all you want, any time you want. But if the players are telling you it makes it more difficult to call plays, why would you want to do that. You do realize that the WR is not standing next to Aaron don’t you? Under the best of conditions it is not easy to hear. Last I checked, helmets tend to block wound waves a little bit. Distance tends to diminish sound. Mouth pieces tend to muffle ones voice. Why add to it? For your own pleasure and satisfaction? I thought people actually paid money to see GB win games not to see how long they can keep a wave rolling.

Almost as asinine as trying to dictate to happy fans celebrating and having a good time to be get loud, then be quiet, then get loud, then be quiet...

They can't be Goldilocks out there... it's too loud, it's too quiet... and then bitch when it's not perfect... the team asked for louder crowds and they got'em!

Actually it can be done. Fans get pretty proud of themselves when they think they actually HELPED the team, the defense stop a drive. No one is asking the fans to sit on their hands when the offense is working. To hold their breath and not make a sound. But wave or no wave the roar of the crowd is unnecessary. Roar when Jordy hears Aaron’s audible and he takes the defender deep and scores the TD instead of running a 10 yard slant over the middle for 12 yards.

It's not a question of whether or not fans have the right to cheer when they want to but is it the right thing to do if it disrupts the communication between the players?
It seems like a simple answer to me.

As much up tempo and no-huddle that Arod likes to go with it would seem obvious that he would like to be able to be on the same page with the offense. This is in essence a factor in why there is a home field advantage is it not? Make it hard for the other guys...not ours. McCarthy talks often about road games at stadiums where the crowd is traditionally very loud and the communication challenges they have to work on to prepare for it. Expect in spades this week against Atlanta in that new stadium.
Maybe they need the practice? Yeah right.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

This. Like it or not being a fan at the game involves some responsibility. Knowing when to be loud is one of them.
UserPostedImage
nyrpack
6 years ago
My answer to the actual post is

Stop all the whining about aikman and buck, stop thinking by signing a petition is going to stop them from broadcasting the packers, since they do the game of the week be happy the packers are involved in that game because it means the teams are good, fox is about national ratings and could care less about a particular fan base , I happen to like them a lot and think they are very fair !!
jimmy b.
Cheesey
6 years ago
I like Buck and Aikman too. I don't see any real problem with them.
Maybe with Aikman, some Packer fans are still mad at how his team always seemed to knock us out of the playoffs. I was at the NFC title game in Dallas, and if anyone would have the right to "hate" Aikman, it would be ME!😂
(But I don't.)😝
UserPostedImage
packerfanoutwest
6 years ago

My answer to the actual post is

Stop all the whining about aikman and buck, stop thinking by signing a petition is going to stop them from broadcasting the packers, since they do the game of the week be happy the packers are involved in that game because it means the teams are good, fox is about national ratings and could care less about a particular fan base , I happen to like them a lot and think they are very fair !!

Originally Posted by: nyrpack 

Please stay on topic
Cheesey
6 years ago
Uh-oh.....the "THREAD POLICE" are here!!!!😝
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

It’s not a matter of can they call plays or not. They can call plays in every domed stadium. It’s a matter how hard should our offense have to work to get the job done when they are in their own stadium? As I mentioned the wave distracts fans from watching the game. Why pay all of that money and then watch a bunch of people ½ a mile away stand up?

1 player has the speaker. He doesn’t have a mic to talk to other players. It doesn’t make them pansies. It is a simple request to the fans. “You love this team. You want us to score. Helps us by not hindering us.
And if you saw the Rodgers comments, they are glad fans cheer. There is a better time to do so that’s all.
Look if the team was lousy LA and no one cared, then do the wave all you want, any time you want. But if the players are telling you it makes it more difficult to call plays, why would you want to do that. You do realize that the WR is not standing next to Aaron don’t you? Under the best of conditions it is not easy to hear. Last I checked, helmets tend to block wound waves a little bit. Distance tends to diminish sound. Mouth pieces tend to muffle ones voice. Why add to it? For your own pleasure and satisfaction? I thought people actually paid money to see GB win games not to see how long they can keep a wave rolling.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

How hard should they have to work? Really come on. As you say the can do it in every dome stadium so by now it should be second nature to them. At this point, the only benefit to the offense of it not being loud is he can possibly use the hard count better, but even that isn't for certain as he has had no problem using it in loud away games. We always hear about following their process and routines. Well if they have to do things differently for home and away games it isn't much of a routine.

And if they get distracted by the fans doing a wave, McCarthy better hire somebody to come and teach them how to concentrate on their jobs.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

How hard should they have to work? Really come on. As you say the can do it in every dome stadium so by now it should be second nature to them. At this point, the only benefit to the offense of it not being loud is he can possibly use the hard count better, but even that isn't for certain as he has had no problem using it in loud away games. We always hear about following their process and routines. Well if they have to do things differently for home and away games it isn't much of a routine.

And if they get distracted by the fans doing a wave, McCarthy better hire somebody to come and teach them how to concentrate on their jobs.

You know what? I don't know. I have never stood on the field with 70-80,000 fans screaming so I can't say for sure. I will say this- players from many if not most teams at some point in time have had their offense motion to the home crowd to quiet down. Defenses have motioned to the crowd to make more noise. Intuitively I assume it must have some kind of effect or why would so many players over so many years in so many locations do the exact same thing? The offense asks for quiet. The defense asks for noise. You tell me why it happens so often if it makes no impact whatsoever.

None of this conversation changes anything. Buy your ticket. Go to the game and do what you think is best. I only ask you to consider one thing- on your way home when you are stuck in traffic. Do you want the cars who are on the through street to let you out of the parking lot and merge into their lane or are you going to sit there waiting until they have all passed by? By law they don't have to let you in. They have the right of way. It just works better if everyone cooperates. Not only are there state rules of the road there are also common courtesy rules too. Life is a little smother when people are courteous. That's all I ask in the stadium. Do it or don't, it doesn't matter to me.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
If they want to motion for more noise or less noise during a game, fine, if the crowd responds great if not oh well, I don't want to hear, fans shouldn't be cheering here or there. Just be happy somebody is willing to pay to watch them play.

I've been to many sports at all levels and can't count the number of times teams are flat and not playing well when the fans are quiet, when the fans are loud and rowdy, teams are usually playing better. Be professionals and feed of the fans who come out to support you.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nyrpack
6 years ago

Please stay on topic

I thought I was staying on topic, the actual start to the thread is

Some packer fans need to .....

So I answered it the way I feel , if you want to talk about the wave , then include that in your thread description !!
jimmy b.
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
I can tell you if I ever find my way to Lambeau it will be an event that will probably cost me a few thousand dollars with flights for myself and family, hotels and prime tickets. I know football protocol, but I can not guarantee that I am not just going to enjoy every second I am out there and "be quiet" when the O is on the field. It is not like they are purposely being overly loud. I would really question how much of a distraction this could be compared to a Seattle or KC game situation with a really loud crowd.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (3h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (4h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (6h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (7h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (21h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.