beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
There seems to be a big difference between the Packers offense 1st half and 2nd half numbers.

1st Half
60.0% completion rate
5.7 yards per attempt
10 sacks
1 TD Passes
3 INTs
1 Rush TD
2.2 yards per rush

2nd Half
72.4 completion rate
7.7 yards per attempt
3 sacks
5 TD Passes
0 INTs
1 Rush TD
3.7 yards per rush

Cobb and Adams numbers seem somewhat even, but everyone else numbers seem to be much better in the 2nd half for some reason so far this season.

Generally speaking, the 2nd quarter is the worst and 3rd quarter is the best.
Monty is even averaging less than a yard in the 2nd quarter, while averaging 4.5 yards in the 3rd quarter.

Cobb's numbers seems better in 1st and 3rd.
Adams numbers are best in 2nd quarter.
Allison and Bennett numbers are best in the 4th quarter.

UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
6 years ago
The running game is pathetic no matter which half of the game!
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
Beast are there numbers for Aaron? He seems like he plays his best in the 3rd quarter as well.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
In the three games played, I don't think the defense has given up a touchdown in the second half. I wonder if anyone would credit Dom Capers for halftime adjustments?
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
6 years ago

In the three games played, I don't think the defense has given up a touchdown in the second half. I wonder if anyone would credit Dom Capers for halftime adjustments?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You're right, only Touchdown given up in the 2nd half was given up by the offense. So far the defense has given up 5 TDs total and the offense has given up 2 touchdowns total (and were lucky when a 3rd one called back by questionable flags).

Of course, the Packers have played two teams with very poor offensive lines... questions still remain what's gonna happen when they face teams with better OLs. As Packers also struggle with their OL problem.

Beast are there numbers for Aaron? He seems like he plays his best in the 3rd quarter as well.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

NFL.com break it down by years and then quarters... and I'm mainly gonna do this based on QB rating to save time
2017: So far; 3rd best ; 2nd worst
2016: 4th best ; 3rd worst
2015: 3rd best ; 2nd worst
2014: 1st best ; 3rd worst
2013: 4th/3rd best ; 2nd worst (4th barely beat out 3rd, so I thought I'd include both)
2012: 4th/1st best ; 3rd worst (3rd was still good)
2011: 3rd best, 2nd/4th worst (2nd and 4th are very good, even though they're the worst this year)
2010: 3rd best ; 4th worst
2009: 4th best; 1st worst
2008: 2nd best; 3rd worst

So if you count them all as one (including the tied quarter year)
Best- Worst
Total
1st (2)-(1)
2nd (2)-(4)
3rd (4)-(4)
4th (4)-(2)

Results
1st Quarter is sorta the conservative quarter with the least amount of extremes either way.
2nd Quarter is Rodgers worst quarter on average
3rd Quarter is Rodgers extreme quarter as in 10 years it was either the best or worst 8 times.
4th Quarter is Rodgers best quarter on average

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
The idea of scripting the first so many play is to see what the opposing defense will do under different looks. The idea is not to wait until 1/2 time to learn from it.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Barfarn
6 years ago
The 1st half offensive wows are due to Rodgers not throwing with his trademarked accuracy. Even the passes completed are only occasionally perfectly placed.

Capers might be making some adjustments to help D; but the main reason the D does better in 2nd half is because the offense is more efficient, that's is fewer 3-4-5 and outs that gas the D.

As a rule GB doesn't script plays to see what the D does. They work on several specific plays during the week based on down, distance and situation. They have scouted team and already expect how they will react. During the course of running the game plan, they will undoubtedly encounter situations where the D has done something unexpected. The trick is to find out; if it was the result of a guy that goofed and it worked out, a rouse perpetrated by the DC, the DC trying not to be predictable or a fundamental change in approach. And then adjust accordingly.

The reason Belichek is so impressed with MM, he can see the brilliance in the way he adjusts to the Belichek's adjustments. Then re-adjusts on the adjusts and the re-re-adjusts.
beast
  • beast
6 years ago

I'm pretty sure that players and Mike McCarthy have talked about script plays for drive or two... though sometimes that can go right out the window if they get a surprise.

I think I remember some discussion having to do with reducing the numbers of scripted plays that players know about ahead of time and I want to say WR James Jones might have been involved of talked about it.

Something along the lines of in the past Mike McCarthy would script plays ahead of time. But they noticed that players were making a larger number of simple mental errors during the scripted plays, like drops on simple throws and other stuff. Because they were thinking too much, and not on the simple stuff, like just catch the ball.

And they came to some sort of agreement that Mike McCarthy would still script his plays, but only tell the players the first 5... so they wouldn't be over thinking the plays before the game.

I know that sounds a bit ridiculous but I swear I read or heard something like that.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
Script plays depends on field position too. In the past they had to get away from the script when they got the ball near their own end zone on consecutive possessions.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (22h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (23h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.