sschind
6 years ago

Two tours in Afghanistan, lifelong Packer fan.

Attended son's local high school game on Friday and had my hand over my heart thinking of 2 friends killed during second tour. Do that pretty much every time the anthem comes on.

Don't care if players protest the anthem that is their right as long as the Packers support them.

Have tickets for Packers-Ravens in November.

If this fans are supposed to lock-arms kumbaya is a one time thing, I'll ignore it and move on.

If come November I am expected to lock arms and not put my hand over my heart during the anthem at Lambeau or face blowback for not displaying sufficient "unity" with the players over their protests, I will donate the tickets to a local Green Bay charity.

I will not have the Green Bay Packers or anyone else dictate how I am supposed to act when the anthem is played.

Originally Posted by: RichMcGeorge 

I agree but it goes both ways. If you don't want people dictating how you should act you shouldn't expect to be able to dictate how others act. I'm not saying you did or do, I'm just using your post as the springboard to point out the obvious.

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
These are the people we should be showing Unity with not the like of Kaepernick and others protesting the police. Even though this protest started with Kaepernick disrespect of police, they still show up to do their job. Would be easy for them to say, no we will no longer provide the security at the games.

http://www.waow.com/story/36468441/2017/09/27/green-bay-police-increasing-on-field-protection-during-packers-show-of-unity 
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
6 years ago

These are the people we should be showing Unity with not the like of Kaepernick and others protesting the police. Even though this protest started with Kaepernick disrespect of police, they still show up to do their job. Would be easy for them to say, no we will no longer provide the security at the games.

http://www.waow.com/story/36468441/2017/09/27/green-bay-police-increasing-on-field-protection-during-packers-show-of-unity 

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I personally look at Kaepernick as a very poor role model. I don't think he takes any of this seriously. He comes across as a dilettante, not only as an NFL player but as a human being as well.

I'm all for protesting and free speech, I just think that if Charles Woodson or Shannon Sharpe or one of these other guys did it, it would have been taken much more seriously. Now it's just degenerated into a he-said, she-said.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
6 years ago

I personally look at Kaepernick as a very poor role model. I don't think he takes any of this seriously. He comes across as a dilettante, not only as an NFL player but as a human being as well.

I'm all for protesting and free speech, I just think that if Charles Woodson or Shannon Sharpe or one of these other guys did it, it would have been taken much more seriously. Now it's just degenerated into a he-said, she-said.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I have personally questioned Kaepernick's original actions... I'm not sure the reasons he was orginially doing it are the same as those that have since taken over his movement. I really wish Kaepernick explained some of his thoughts and comments more, so we could understand his true stance instead of their being so many questions.

But I believe Kapernick has suggested that he's just African and not African-American, which came off as sorta anti-American to me personally. Also seemed to suggest American is White and that Africans can never get justice under a judicial system that was set-up by whites and he seemed suggesting the racist goes all the way to the U.S. Constitution, and the judicial system can't be fixed until the Constitution is gone.

Let me be clear, I'm not sure that's what Kapernick meant, but that's the way it seemed to me... and I wished he would actually explain his stance because I don't think anyone can say if they agree or disagree with him, until he stops being so vague and explains.

I don't know this, but I'm currently under the believe that Kapernick's point of view wouldn't match up with a number of the guys kneeling, because Kapernick sounds like his viewpoint could be much more extreme than what a number of others have come out and publicly stated.

P.S. My current option on Kapernick could be 100% wrong... and I hope it is. But I need to hear more from the guy about his opinion and way of thinking. But he's keeping to himself. Also his GF seeming to imply rich white men are slave owners doesn't help.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Thank your son for his fine service and sacrifice.

And I wholeheartedly agree that I don't begrudge Bennett or anyone else who does not care to stand during the anthem. This is after all a free country and I certainly have not posted anything about the protests.

However, I am disappointed that the Packers have now taken upon themselves to decide how fans should conduct themselves during the playing of the anthem tomorrow. If the team wants to link arms that is their prerogative. Telling fans how the should react is entirely inappropriate in my view.

Should the Packers continue to take the if your for "unity" should lock arms during the anthem approach, I will be begrudging the Packers.

Originally Posted by: RichMcGeorge 

Rich believe me when I tell you that I admire and respect you as well and the sacrifice you have made. My son only made it for one tour. Silly PTSD and injuries didn't allow him to join his brothers for the next trip to Paradise. I know you understand when I tel you how upsetting that was to him.

I can't see locking arms as accomplishing anything. Odds are the person to your left and right is someone who came to the game with you or for STHs, someone who has sat next to you for a lot of years.

Just so you know, I wasn't trying to down play your first post. I was busy tapping away on my phone for about 1/2 hour (see the sloth in Zootopia) when you made you comments.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

This is what is great about the country. People can have differences in opinion.
There are many people that see not standing during the anthem as disrespectful. I happen to be one of them. I use to yell at other solders that I saw running to get indoors before the flag was raised or lowered because I saw that as disrespectful.

My question to the packers is why isn't the normal routine for the anthem not Unity enough for them. Why isn't everybody joining together for the anthem as we have always done not enough unity for them.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Agreed. I am disappointed with people from both sides of the issue. They feel if people don't 100% agree with their thoughts, they must be evil.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Zero, you're very smart... I know someone doesn't have to word for word spell something out for you to see it.

So if you're watched the video and can't see that he's implying it, then it's because you don't want to see it.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Do you think it's acceptable to listen to or read words from someone and assume what they are implying and then go around stating what you feel is implied as words they spoke? Even if it's not?

There's a difference between asking wouldn't you love it vs saying someone should do something.

I know you're smart enough to understand the importance of accuracy here. Right???

This is a massive problem we have in this click bait media crap. Read headlines. Read what's used to get attention. There's a damn difference between actual fact and bull crap. And then you have people taking those headlines as facts and formulating emotions off of them. Tell me this ok. Tell me that's acceptable.

It's not! You do not do that. Even if the person isn't respectful, or respectable, you don't lower to a level of a scumbag douche by twisting things around to fit your agenda. It's weak.

We are so quick to read to respond we don't don't take the time to read to understand.

Regardless of who's speaking, we all deserve to be accurately represented based on what we said, not what others infer and then retell as stated as us. Unbelievable how careless people are about this. Irresponsible.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

Do you think it's acceptable to listen to or read words from someone and assume what they are implying and then go around stating what you feel is implied as words they spoke? Even if it's not?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

If you're talking about the media, then no I'm not saying that. Media are been BSing more and more and going for more cheap opinion and less costly facts.

If you're talking about weather Trump is suggesting Owners should fire one to send a message to the rest, there is no assuming in that, he's was clearly suggesting that a owner should do that at that time.

I believe he's since suggested that the NFL should just make a rule that players must stand. But just because he didn't use the one "suggest" doesn't mean he wasn't suggesting the idea.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
It's getting chilly here. Those at the stadium might wanna lock arms to warm up!

If I'm at the game. If those next to me reach to lock arms, I'll join. If not, I'll stand and keep my hand over my chest. Unless I'm recording the Anthem again. I enjoy the song and like to record it and the fly over.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago
WPR- Your boy gets it! Shows he was raised right!

It’s hard living a busy life to pause to realize how lucky we are to be in America. So during the playing of our Anthem or God Bless American or during the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance prior to a sporting event or school function, I take that moment to deeply reflect on my America and endeavor to be the best patriot I can be. My reflection causes me to usually be quiet and somber upon its completion and find the hoops and cheers even before the song ends not so much as disrespectful; but people that are thinking about something else than the meaning of the song. But, I know this does not necessarily reflect their level of patriotism. I know some of the ugliest assholes, those that undermine America's founding principles and/or bring harm to American's and/or support harm to other Americans, are those that stand in textbook fashion. I am not so dickheadingly arrogant to think I can judge patriotism by what someone is doing during the Anthem.

So knowing the cause is critical to our national security; I will be active in joining arms with my neighbors, but will not think less of them if they don't want to do it. But, if they boo, after the song I am going to ask them why. If I dont get a satisfactory answer, then we're going to talk or they're going to hear about the basic fundamental concepts of America.

And lay off Kap, no one on this forum can judge him. Mad about the pig socks? Then fucking LISTEN to him and DO SOMETHING! Call the police station and ask for an explanation; that might wake some of you up 😂. Write your lawmakers and ask for cops to be presumed guilty if they dont turn on their cameras and something goes down. It is human nature and a quintessential part of Being an American that we seek justice and when dotards dont listen you ESCALATE! The 2nd Amendment was expressly put in for this purpose! Empathy required here: did a Jew in 1940's occupied Nazi territory have the right to KILL the Nazi Cops? Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto are heroes. And if the Jews had a do over; every Jew that couldn't get out would have gotten a weapon and killed every Nazi they could, right?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (19h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (19h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (19h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (19h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (19h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (19h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (19h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (20h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.