DoddPower
6 years ago

I am sure you have seen me criticize the guy on many occasions. That said I don't need "Great" from any one player including Randall. It would be nice if the 1st round pick was great but it doesn't happen all that often.

Give me "solid" and I am happy. Randall has had a few , very few flashes of solid. That's what frustrates me. Give me a guy who covers his man nearly every time. (It's impossible to cover all the time every game, every down.) A guy who consistently tackles in the open field. A guy who is able to step up and help others when they mess up in coverage.

I would prefer Randall sitting on the bench instead of trading him. There is so little depth when the injuries come rolling in GB needs him. Some pick in next year's draft won't do them any good this year. Like in the olden days when MLB teams traded a player for cash. The saying was that managers hated it when the GM made the trade because you cant't play a bag of money at second base.

So all in all I expect Coach Mike to back his guy. He took him out of the game (Or more likely Whitt did), He scolded him. He had a talk with him and not welcomes him back and protects him against nay sayers.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I just think it's inevitable that this guy will go the way of Datone Jones and likely contribute even less to the Packers when it's all said and done. The Packers have and could have gotten more value out of Gunter, and various other UDFAs, for example. Holding out hope that Randall is going to develop is wishful thinking, imo. I don't think he has "it" to be "great" or even "good." The attitude to be "great" doesn't necessarily mean a player will ever be great. But it's often necessary to even be "good" or "solid." Randall seems a little arrogant and cocky, and not in the good ways. He'll be forgotten as another disappointment soon enough. Can't happen soon enough for me.

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
The lack of Damarious Randall EARNING a starting position just makes me repeat what I've said over and over again. TRADE OUR 1ST ROUND PICK's!! Collect extra 2nd and 3rd round's since we just seem to suck donkeys at 1st round selections.

2017 we did that and people freaked out because OMG TJ Watt!!

I still say, trade away!
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

Eh, I don't see anything about Randall that makes me think he will be great. I don't just mean overreacting to getting benched. I'm mostly talking about the attitude and dedication that it takes to become great. Day after day. I don't think Randall has that in him He's destined to be another Datone Jones, at best. Probably not as good as Datone.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Datone only momentarily flashed and still could make; but Randall has been very good at times and could end up being be very very good consistently. The single most important combine measurable is “attitude and dedication.” To date Datone is challenged in this area and given its yr #5, his character die is probably cast. He’s already out looking for work, which means Jones’ release from Minny was 100% a football decision, not an injury or cap one. Randall’s recent SINGLE childish team-back-stabbing loser move [that we know about] indicates he’s done with growing and probably regressing.

But, we know so little about what happens behind the scenes and if GB saw this as Randall’s base character, there’s no way Gunter is dumped or that Randall starts in 2017. This could be his base character that he’s been concealing for 2 years or this is only a short term mental crap-storm.

To be a very good player “attitude and dedication” is grounded in a devotion to take coaching. Some harbor doubts while eagerly doing what there told; sometimes those doubts root, ferment and grow until there’s an explosion. Today, Randall stands at the precipice of a cleansing Festivus miracle after the airing of grievances followed by a resumption of his assent to being a good to very good CB or Randall slinks into being a little bitch and doesn’t see the New Year in a GB uniform.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
I agree on the idea that Randall was really not to blame. Or not the only one to blame. IMO HaHa was out of position. He should have been inside support so Randall could have cheated to cover the out routes. Without anybody inside he had to play the slant or it would have been and even easier TD throw.

If I am correct I probably would have had words with somebody also. Still don't know if he will make it. It took Nick Collins, Tramon Burnett all a few years before they started to reach their potential.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DoddPower
6 years ago
I'm willing to go on the record and say Randall isn't going to develop into a significant player. There's no reason he shouldn't be able to provide decent depth, but I have very little faith that he's going to be a successful player in Green Bay. Moreover, I doubt he will be resigned, if he even makes it through his original contract. He might be able to find some success with a change of scenery eventually. Maybe. Possibly as a safety.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not optimistic.
beast
6 years ago

The lack of Damarious Randall EARNING a starting position just makes me repeat what I've said over and over again. TRADE OUR 1ST ROUND PICK's!! Collect extra 2nd and 3rd round's since we just seem to suck donkeys at 1st round selections.

2017 we did that and people freaked out because OMG TJ Watt!!

I still say, trade away!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

To a certain degree I very much agree... but also remember Randall's draft year was said to be one of the worst years ever in terms of number of players getting a first round grade... so much so that it was said most teams were trying hard to trade back that year, and not really finding anyone who would trade up on draft day.

There were only two 1st round, draft day, trades up... Chargers went up two spots for RB Melvin Gordon ... Broncos went up 6 spots for Denver Broncos.

So in part it depends on the draft and the players as well. Also the 2015 draft's (when Randall was selected) 2nd round wasn't that pretty either. So that could of been a lose-lose no matter what...
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
6 years ago
Negative: A former 1st round pick doesn't look worthy of a starting spot.

Positive: Our coaching staff is looking past draft status and is playing the guys who give us the best chance to win.
blank
nerdmann
6 years ago
Dude is a free safety trying to play corner. Dom is obsessed with tweeners.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Dom isn't the one selecting them.

It was a bad draft year, they thought he was the best CB option, and physically he might be the best... but they're haven't troubles with the mental part of it with him.

UserPostedImage
DoddPower
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yeah, I think that's his only shot and being a good player. Although I don't think he's physical or intelligent enough at FS either. Bust.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (15h) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (19h) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.