uffda udfa
6 years ago

From Mike Freeman at BleacherReport.com:

Aaron Rodgers, for years, has covered up massive holes on the Packers roster: A flawed offensive line. A lack of top-notch running backs. A ho-hum defense. Poor drafts and free-agent decisions.

For years, Rodgers has covered all of these shortcomings.

Now, he's gone, and the Packers have little to cushion the blow.

How badly did they miss him last week? The leading receiver for Green Bay in a loss to New Orleans was tight end Martellus Bennett, who had two catches for 17 yards and no touchdowns.

This is what life without Rodgers will be like while he heals from a broken collarbone—all of the flaws exposed, ugly on both sides of the ball.

--- What I find interesting is Freeman was a Ted defender in the past. What this shows you is when you're winning it's all positive...when you're losing it's all negative. What happens when you lose and negativity comes out those who loved living in positivity have grown so accustomed to it they balk at negative talk and immediately point to past good times. Their level of confidence in things returning positive is extremely high and will mock negative talk.

Here's the rub...The WHY of winning or losing is never truly deconstructed. So it matters not if talk is positive or negative it only truly matters is the why. Why= Aaron Rodgers...always has, but MM, Ted Thompson and others ride his coattails receiving accolades undeserved that should be solely reserved for 12.

I'd love to see Hundley win enough to make a hypothetical Rodgers return matter, but I also wouldn't mind seeing us go oh for the rest of the season if we can blow out Ted and Mike and start with some fresh ideas and passion that has been sorely lacking.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

6 years ago
I don't invest any of my "Packer time" with blinders on like sooooo many Packer fans do. Not living in Wisconsin( born in Green Bay), I look at the team different. Many of you are happy enough to just make the playoffs. There should have been more trips to the SB during Ted Thompson and MM's tenure. Mike McCarthy should have been fired after the loss to Seattle in the NFC Championship game. That being said, how many busts on the dline and linebacking corps is it going to take before the GM takes some heat? A few of the secondary players worth a damn are now playing for other teams too. Capers has to take some blame, but it should not all fall at his feet. We have pathetic first round draft choices on defense. Most of them will be gone after their first contract.

Also, without a Farve or Rodgers to bail him out, McCarthy is just a pedestrian coach who happened to step in a pile of shit and came out smelling like a rose. When Rodgers got hurt the first time, he looked lost and clueless. Expect more of the same.
Green Bay will be lucky to win two more games the rest of the year (Cleveland and Chicago, maybe) but Teflon Mike already has his excuse and nothing will be said. Horrible state of affairs if you ask me. Thank you.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Claiming that the Packers have had a flawed offensive line for years discredits anything this bozo says.

It is funny watching your delusions show up after the injury.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Porforis
6 years ago
Not saying this is what's going on here (because for the most part it's not), but it IS possible to say that Ted Thompson has done a good job, and also have a team that's struggling without AR12. Case in point: Injuries all over the place.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

I don't invest any of my "Packer time" with blinders on like sooooo many Packer fans do. Not living in Wisconsin( born in Green Bay), I look at the team different. Many of you are happy enough to just make the playoffs. There should have been more trips to the SB during Ted Thompson and MM's tenure. Mike McCarthy should have been fired after the loss to Seattle in the NFC Championship game. That being said, how many busts on the dline and linebacking corps is it going to take before the GM takes some heat? A few of the secondary players worth a damn are now playing for other teams too. Capers has to take some blame, but it should not all fall at his feet. We have pathetic first round draft choices on defense. Most of them will be gone after their first contract.

Also, without a Farve or Rodgers to bail him out, McCarthy is just a pedestrian coach who happened to step in a pile of shit and came out smelling like a rose. When Rodgers got hurt the first time, he looked lost and clueless. Expect more of the same.

Green Bay will be lucky to win two more games the rest of the year (Cleveland and Chicago, maybe) but Teflon Mike already has his excuse and nothing will be said. Horrible state of affairs if you ask me. Thank you.

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

The funny thing about this is you feel you are a better "fan" than others because you view the team with a half-empty approach an those who view the team with a half-full approach are viewing via blinders.

Yet, we only hear from you when the Packers are down, or have lost.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Not saying this is what's going on here (because for the most part it's not), but it IS possible to say that Ted Thompson has done a good job, and also have a team that's struggling without AR12. Case in point: Injuries all over the place.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

He has done a good job on the offensive side. There has been blockers and receivers and even a RB or two. He has fallen short on the defensive side. Part of that is cap management, there needs to be a better balance between offense and defense. I think most of us expect them to sign Devante and Linsley this offseason, that means we will be paying 4 of 5 positions on the Oline, 3 WR.

We can't afford that and still expect to improve the defense. We can't just count on first contract players to carry the defense because we are spending everywhere else.
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Claiming that the Packers have had a flawed offensive line for years discredits anything this bozo says.

It is funny watching your delusions show up after the injury.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

The OL is flawed...why do you think Rodgers is always extending plays with his legs? The year he won MVP with Newhouse starting was a monumental achievement. Oh, and little to no separation has something to do with it, also.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

The OL is flawed...why do you think Rodgers is always extending plays with his legs? The year he won MVP with Newhouse starting was a monumental achievement. Oh, and little to no separation has something to do with it, also.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Explains why ProFootballFocus has had the Packers Oline ranked outside the top 10 in the league once in the past 5 years.
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
ProFootballFocus grades individual players, not units, and they are very forthright about saying you can't add together individual ratings to get group ratings. Or at least they used to when I was a subscriber. So where are you getting this idea that they rank the offensive line in the top ten?
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

ProFootballFocus grades individual players, not units, and they are very forthright about saying you can't add together individual ratings to get group ratings. Or at least they used to when I was a subscriber. So where are you getting this idea that they rank the offensive line in the top ten?

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Just let my fingers do the walking through the internet. Just googled it.

2015 Ranking 
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (12h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (13h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (13h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.