uffda udfa
6 years ago

I challenge him to outperform and out-win Scott Tolzien. I'm not asking for a lot.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

THAT IS GREATNESS! Just greatness, Z! This is what our traded up for backup QB darling has given us! After living through Scott Tolzien, the org's new and improved plan leads to a backup not quite as good as Scott Tolzien? LOL. The bar is that freaking low and we still can't get over it? Honestly, MM, is supposedly an offensive mastermind and QB whisperer. Just stop with ever saying that again. He was coordinating the 32nd ranked offense when we hired him for some bizarre reason.

This org can NOT learn from it's mistakes and doesn't have the wherewithal to fix them. See: Colin Kaepernick...See: Our defense, especially the secondary...See: Our backup QB plan.

I'm really starting to wonder what kind of career Aaron Rodgers would be having had he not been stuck in Green Bay under this regime. Had he gone elsewhere there probably is no debate about Brady being better. We have wasted this guy almost as bad as Detroit wasted Barry Sanders and Minnesota wasted Adrian Peterson. When you get special players, you better take advantage. Just zero urgency in Green Bay. None. It's all laid back fat dumb and happy. Does anyone in our org get it? Anyone? I don't think they do...so, bring someone outside who can actually see the forest for the trees.

Thank you, Z. A very needed not so subtle reminder of the absolute failure of our backup QB plan.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

You have assumed that a backup QB can't be someone who has played in the NFL. No reason to have a draftee be your backup plan.

If you're going to do it the way we did that draftee better be prepared.

Here's a fun fact...

I blame MM, also. QB guru? Sure. I said before if Hundley failed this is an organizational failure. Not just MM. Total organization. Hundley was the orgs answer after living through Seneca and Scott. 12 still bailed them out. Not this year.

Lions game was critical to playoff hopes. Hasn't been focused on here but that loss was crippling to post season hopes. Having a guy like Hundley was the orgs answer. It was the wrong answer.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

A veteran who hasn't been in the system will also need OJT.

Maybe if we could have talked Romo into coming to GB in preseason for league minimum to be Rodgers backup instead of announcing. He would have been better prepared. But that wasn't an option. What feasible option was there really?

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
uffda udfa
6 years ago

A veteran who hasn't been in the system will also need OJT.

Maybe if we could have talked Romo into coming to GB in preseason for league minimum to be Rodgers backup instead of announcing. He would have been better prepared. But that wasn't an option. What feasible option was there really?

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

This kind of thinking is always thrown out in defense of the Packers org. I've seen it time and time again.

What other option was there? Countless. Here's the real rub... It is on this org for believing this was an option. It knew it had failed us when 12 broke his collarbone the last time. It saw with it's own eyes just how bad it was. It's solution was Hundley. It's been Hundley for the 3rd year now. It has been avoiding the scrutiny of it's bad investment until everyone had to see it. Not unlike how Mike McCarthy has been hidden by 12 all these years and same for Ted.

Why would an org who thinks they're SB contenders persist with Hundley? Here's a conspiracy theory for you. This org, internally, knows how bare the cupboard actually is and perhaps they feel NOBODY could get this motley crew into the playoffs save for 12, so why not just draft a 5th rounder and call it good? It makes as much sense as anything.

Someone somewhere who wanted to win should've said...Hey, what would happen if this guy Hundley actually had to play? It's their job to know that it would be worse than Scott freaking Tolzien and fix it. This is an utter organizational failure.

So, why did nobody realize how bad off we would be if Rodgers got hurt again? Who is responsible for that? Anyone? This is not a mystery. This is Ted Thompson and MM's fault. 100%. I would still fault them if this hadn't happen before, but the fact that it has happened before, and this is what they did to fix it? It's beyond revolting and indicting and heads should roll. This org cost us this season by not being properly prepared to endure another Rodgers injury. What do you want to bet that if 12 stays and we get a new regime they won't make the same mistake for a 3rd time? What are the odds if this regime stays that it would screw it up for a 3rd time? I offer Dom Capers, the offseason secondary "fix" and the prosecution rests. Ugh.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

This kind of thinking is always thrown out in defense of the Packers org. I've seen it time and time again.

What other option was there? Countless. Here's the real rub... It is on this org for believing this was an option. It knew it had failed us when 12 broke his collarbone the last time. It saw with it's own eyes just how bad it was. It's solution was Hundley. It's been Hundley for the 3rd year now. It has been avoiding the scrutiny of it's bad investment until everyone had to see it. Not unlike how Mike McCarthy has been hidden by 12 all these years and same for Ted.

Why would an org who thinks they're SB contenders persist with Hundley? Here's a conspiracy theory for you. This org, internally, knows how bare the cupboard actually is and perhaps they feel NOBODY could get this motley crew into the playoffs save for 12, so why not just draft a 5th rounder and call it good? It makes as much sense as anything.

Someone somewhere who wanted to win should've said...Hey, what would happen if this guy Hundley actually had to play? It's their job to know that it would be worse than Scott freaking Tolzien and fix it. This is an utter organizational failure.

So, why did nobody realize how bad off we would be if Rodgers got hurt again? Who is responsible for that? Anyone? This is not a mystery. This is Ted Thompson and MM's fault. 100%. I would still fault them if this hadn't happen before, but the fact that it has happened before, and this is what they did to fix it? It's beyond revolting and indicting and heads should roll. This org cost us this season by not being properly prepared to endure another Rodgers injury. What do you want to bet that if 12 stays and we get a new regime they won't make the same mistake for a 3rd time? What are the odds if this regime stays that it would screw it up for a 3rd time? I offer Dom Capers and the prosecution rests. Ugh.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You just wrong 4 paragraphs to basically say, you don't have a clue.

Should we have pushed to get Romo at the salary he was going to demand, hell no. Should we have pushed for Kaep, not a chance, he wasn't that good and didn't know the offense. Maybe we should have pulled Flynn out of retirement.

Man up and give your list of veteran FA's QBs we should have signed.
uffda udfa
6 years ago

You just wrong 4 paragraphs to basically say, you don't have a clue.

Should we have pushed to get Romo at the salary he was going to demand, hell no. Should we have pushed for Kaep, not a chance, he wasn't that good and didn't know the offense. Maybe we should have pulled Flynn out of retirement.

Man up and give your list of veteran FA's QBs we should have signed.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

The options are ENDLESS. I don't know? LOL. It is not my job to know. We all can see that this was the WRONG move, but let's move this to YOU DON'T KNOW! ???? That's a classic move on this forum. Classic.

PFWT...Do you KNOW that Hundley was the wrong move?

Are you the GM of this team and is it your responsibility to fix the backup QB position?

Was there any other option besides Hundley? (You wanted to bail on this fiasco by saying what other options were there?)

Vikes signed Case Keenum. He was vet who has done a fine job for them. There's a guy. Could've gone out and got Josh McCown. Love that guy. Could've drafted and developed someone other than Hundley. Could've kept Taysom Hill. The options are ENDLESS. You want to put it into this realm of...what other options were there? That's insane! Just insane. You can't believe that? Options were everywhere and the one we chose was WRONG. Don't deflect. Just say it was wrong. It's pretty simple unless you have an agenda not to do so?

I couldn't say it was wrong to draft 12 because he's the GOAT. I can say Hundley was wrong...he's not even producing as much as Scott Tolzien. These are easy things to see and react to but in true Packers fan fashion, it has to be moved into the realm of the unknowable so there's just a free pass for everyone and things can just go on business as usual. NO!

Will you actually answer? Will you avoid like so many? Let's debate this like adults. Answer the questions and stop putting this out in some realm that is being conjured by yourself.

UserPostedImage

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Yes the options are endless, they could have signed you.

When you have a top QB, and are paying 20 million, you have to deal with the backup situation different then when you don't have a good QB. Very few teams with elite QBs are going to win when they lose the elite QB. We managed with Flynn because of the strength of the receiving group. The receiving group is not as strong today.

The biggest limiting Hundley right now is McCarthy's play calling.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (2h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (17h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (17h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.