beast
6 years ago

Yes the Packers should keep cleaning house every couple of years, so they can be just like the Browns.

It's extremely said to see Packers fans who think making the playoffs most years is accepting losing, because it shows how stuck up and spoiled they've become as the Packers consistent winning has made them forget what franchise losing is really like... the Packers are lucky that they really haven't had to suffer though true losing in a long long time.

If the Packers ever go three seasons without making playoffs, those spoiled fans might become unbearable, because they'll might get their first taste of real struggling in a long long time..
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago
The rest of this season will tell us A LOT about this staff. Let's see what they got, trainers included. 👍
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Yes the Packers should keep cleaning house every couple of years, so they can be just like the Browns.

It's extremely said to see Packers fans who think making the playoffs most years is accepting losing, because it shows how stuck up and spoiled they've become as the Packers consistent winning has made them forget what franchise losing is really like... the Packers are lucky that they really haven't had to suffer though true losing in a long long time.

If the Packers ever go three seasons without making playoffs, those spoiled fans might become unbearable, because they'll might get their first taste of real struggling in a long long time..

Originally Posted by: beast 

Major bone of contention. It is NOT winning! You DO NOT get it! WINNING IS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS...winning=does not equal nice regular season wins or playoff appearances

You are so happy and comfortable with regular season wins. It's fun for you to be a fan of a "winning franchise" but it doesn't win. WINNERS realize not winning the SB is not winning. ''

Stay comfortable. Stay happy.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

Major bone of contention. It is NOT winning! You DO NOT get it! WINNING IS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS...winning=does not equal nice regular season wins or playoff appearances

You are so happy and comfortable with regular season wins. It's fun for you to be a fan of a "winning franchise" but it doesn't win. WINNERS realize not winning the SB is not winning. ''

Stay comfortable. Stay happy.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If it's not winning, then why is it called winning? Because it is.

Following you, most the NFL would be cleaning house every 5 years that they didn't win the Super Bowl and that's what the losing franchise had... Browns, Jags and Bills kept changing their head coaches early and often just like you liked and they got, no where!

The mods have asked that we don't post on the posters, but seeing as you have opened that door already. I'm happy when the scavenger trolls aren't around, you know the ones that only post when negative things are happening to the Packers and have refused to post when positive things are happening in the regular season as they act a lot like Vikings fans.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

I think back to the Bears and various okay but not great QBs. Bears fans fed up with the Bears not getting to the super bowl and underperforming, constantly whining and wanting a new QB, a new coach. They had Shanahan and Grossman, they got to the super bowl but didn't win it, got rid of both and eventually ended up with Cutler and Smith. Constant complaining about Cutler (everything from performance to body language) and Smith, they got rid of them and they've been irrelevant ever since.

Fun fact - Generally if you're the one putting someone on the trading block, the other team is going to be in a position of power which means they're going to get the better deal. The Packers are going to get a bunch of draft picks and it's going to take a LONG TIME for that to pay off, if ever. If the Packers clean house, they'll be irrelevant for at least 6 years and will need to get lucky with a QB. It's also far harder to develop a top-tier QB if the rest of the team stinks and all the pressure is on said QB.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Great post. It amazes me that people think the Packers have it so bad... they apparently can't see how other teams have had it so much worse.

As of right now, Teams that haven't won a playoff game in the last
  • 5 years
  • Giants, Bears, Jets, Vikings, Eagles, Jaguars

• 10 years
  • Redskins, Rams, Titans, Buccaneers, Raiders

• 15 years
  • Dolphins, Browns

• 20 years
  • Bills

• 25 years
  • Lions, Bengals

I'm suppose to feel sad about the Packers losing? That's COMPLETE BULL SHIT!... the Packers have done so much better than so many teams. If you think the Packers have it bad right now, then I really feel sorry for you, because you have no idea what you're talking about! The last time the Packers went 5 years or more without winning a playoff game ended in 1994

So the Packers haven't been what all these other teams fan's are going through in the last two decades. Packers fans don't have it bad, other the mentally they're clearly spoiled and acting like it.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Negative things? I see this as a huge positive and opportunity.

I usually don't post during regular season. I realize how most people see things and want to be respectful of their right to live in whatever world that makes them happy. Having me posing tough questions or raw opinions doesn't fit well and riles people.

Sorry, to ruffle you. Z wanted me out of Shout and into the forum. I knew better but posted anyway. I'll refrain so you don't have to deal with anything that might make your fan experience less fun than you need it to be.

Packers are great! Go Pack Go! Winning franchise baby! So proud!
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

Sorry, to ruffle you. Z wanted me out of Shout and into the forum. I knew better but posted anyway. I'll refrain so you don't have to deal with anything that might make your fan experience less fun than you need it to be.

I don't think you understand... of the two (shout and forums) I also prefer you to be in forums as well.

My problem with you (on this issue) is that it's not constant... when negative things happen, you're the first to be all over it, with I told ya so stuff (which is to be expected, as that's what most people do when they called something). But when positive things happen, then you're no where to be found or claiming you didn't say what you clearly said.

Basically my problem is that, you can dish it with the best of them (you really can), but you can't take it worth a darn, or have disappeared when positive things happen... It's annoying that you're only posting here when negative things happen to the Packers... like you started posting once the franchise QB gets injured, possibly for the season. But you weren't around for all the winning that was happening before that... you were MIA. Just show up when the current news seems to lean in your favor.

If you're going to be so bold and be here when the current news favors you, then I also want you to be here when the current news does NOT favor you as well. Because right now you're remind me of my childhood friend/neighbor... if he was right about something, he'd SO be up in your face about it.... but if he was wrong something, NO ONE could find him to tell him.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I was in Shout the entire season posting non opinion news items. That's what I'll do.

UserPostedImage

beast
6 years ago

I was in Shout the entire season posting non opinion news items. That's what I'll do.

So you're cleaning house? 👅

I just want you to be committed to sticking around though both the good and the bad. And clearly you want to be here some of the time, so why not stick around all the time?

As I believe people (including myself) were asking you to keep posting and interacting throughout the entire season, and you flat out refused us. Then the franchise QB gets injured, and suddenly you're willing to post again, now that the franchise QB is injured. I just don't understand the fair weather nature of your willingness to post. It's just like division rivals coming over to poke us when we're down.

As for cleaning house, I don't think the Packers should completely clean house, but some small adjustments especially with over paid contracts could probably improve things.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

So you're cleaning house? 👅

I just want you to be committed to sticking around though both the good and the bad. And clearly you want to be here some of the time, so why not stick around all the time?

As I believe people (including myself) were asking you to keep posting and interacting throughout the entire season, and you flat out refused us. Then the franchise QB gets injured, and suddenly you're willing to post again, now that the franchise QB is injured. I just don't understand the fair weather nature of your willingness to post. It's just like division rivals coming over to poke us when we're down.

As for cleaning house, I don't think the Packers should completely clean house, but some small adjustments especially with over paid contracts could probably improve things.

Originally Posted by: beast 

He's been on shout, ever since he lost his bet with me that Davante would have triple the stats of Janis. 😂
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
wpr (4h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (4h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (5h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (8h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.