Cheesey
6 years ago

If the rules are different and talking, singing or what ever are allowed and accepted, are they being disrespectful, or is it disrespectful for somebody to expect them to act the way things were in years past when the rules and guidelines have changed.

If there is a rule/policy about being quiet yes I would expect the rule/policy to be followed. If it isn't a rule/policy then no they don't have to be quiet.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I don't really know if it's still the rule or not. If not, it SHOULD be.
How many times have you gone to a restaurant, only to have your meal ruined by some inconsiderate people that let their kids fuss and act out? When I was a kid, if I acted out I would be taken out of the restaurant, and potched on the butt. I learned quickly that if I did that, there would be consequences. It only took me once to learn that.
Too many parents are afraid to discipline their children. (And I mean discipline, NOT abuse).
How can kids grow up to be responsible people, if they are not taught that there are consequences to their actions? That's one of the reasons we are such a screwed up society now. Like I said before, "ME FIRST!" is what is being taught. And that is sad. Parents going to the school to complain about the teacher, who DARED to tell their poor little child to stop acting out in class, disrupting the entire class.
In my day, if I acted up at school, when I got home I got in trouble too.
If you don't teach them when they are young, there is a good chance they will end up in jail or dead when (IF) they make it to adulthood.
If my ideas are "old fashioned", so be it. None of my classmates killed anyone over being "dissed".
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

Libraries have changed over the years since the internet. The number of people who go there for quiet research has greatly declined. If we tried to keep the libraries the same, they would fold with not enough people using them. In order to adapt to the times they have had to become more social places. Many the main common areas are not quiet areas. They usually have different floors where quiet is expected or separate isolated rooms for that purpose.

From my experiences, I completely agree. After Middle School or so, libraries became a hangout/study/socialize spot more than a quiet spot... and then they'd have quiet areas, where people that wanted quiet.

The library that I'm recently used to, is three stories,
- top floor is a quiet area
- middle is main/computers, semi-noisy
- bottom basement noisy social areas
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
I live in a small town. Our library is one floor only. It would be nice to have a quiet place and so on.
UserPostedImage
sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

What's wrong with your computer?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm too embarrassed to say. Got sucked in by one of them scams that lock you out and try to get you to pay to unlock it. Can't afford to get it fixed right now. I ignored about 30 red flags during the phone conversation and got screwed over.
sschind
  • sschind
6 years ago

Libraries have changed over the years since the internet. The number of people who go there for quiet research has greatly declined. If we tried to keep the libraries the same, they would fold with not enough people using them. In order to adapt to the times they have had to become more social places. Many the main common areas are not quiet areas. They usually have different floors where quiet is expected or separate isolated rooms for that purpose.

This is true. Unfortunately my library is rather small with no computer areas not near the common areas.

Right now I am learning more about roofing and shingles than I ever cared to know.

I just think its the death of common courtesy in general. Libraries and restaurants grocery stores, anywhere people gather really. It's the whole "I got mine" mentality. No one social or political group has a monopoly on it. Like sports teams every single one has its a-hole fans that no one can stand being around.

I just got a seasonal job now so I may get mine fixed with the next paycheck. I have to admit I am way more productive at home than I was when I had it available 24/7 so in a way its kind of nice. I stop at the library for an hour or so after work, do my regular site checks (this one included), and I'm done. I do have my phone to check things when I need to but I hate using it for checking forums because I have fat fingers and can't type well on my phone.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

I'm too embarrassed to say. Got sucked in by one of them scams that lock you out and try to get you to pay to unlock it. Can't afford to get it fixed right now. I ignored about 30 red flags during the phone conversation and got screwed over.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Can you get it connected to the internet? Or are you close to Green Bay?

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Don't sweat it. Things happen.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
I think a lot of it is the internet and cell phones. There isn't the physical interaction between people from a young age on up anymore. It's easy for someone to blast people on the internet, as they don't have to actually face them.

Interaction with others is a learned thing.
Just look at how many times a day you see people walking or even driving while texting. They ignore actual people around them.
UserPostedImage
sschind
  • sschind
6 years ago

Nope, I let someone have remote access and they locked me out with some sort of ransom ware. It won't even boot up. Repair guy in Kenosha said he could fix it and recover my data but I just didn't have the money to have it done until now.

Don't sweat it. Things happen.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I'm over it now. I'm more upset at myself for not seeing it coming after admonishing my mom to be so careful. My brain kept screaming "JUST HANG UP THE DAMN PHONE" but the guy was good. I give him credit for that much.

I think a lot of it is the internet and cell phones. There isn't the physical interaction between people from a young age on up anymore. It's easy for someone to blast people on the internet, as they don't have to actually face them.

Interaction with others is a learned thing.
Just look at how many times a day you see people walking or even driving while texting. They ignore actual people around them.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

That's true. Social interaction is so important and many young people just don't learn it and order people sometimes forget. I try to instill in my nephews the importance of simple things like making eye contact, shaking hands (a real hand shake not the secret code handshakes that kids do nowadays) and just saying hello to people when you see them.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (15h) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (20h) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.