Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

The reason creation and evolution can't coexist is that God would have said he used evolution. He said He created man in Hus own image, not as some non living gunk.
And our appendix is not some useless thing that is not needed. It's part of what helps our bodies fight off disease. It wasn't so long ago that "science" thought it was a left over thing that was a part of evolution. They know different now.
Can you live without your appendix? Yes. Just like you can live without your fingers, or eyes, or whatever. That doesn't mean those items don't have a purpose.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Again, you are using an Bible written in Enlgish, which based on my argument above, cannot be the whole Word and nothing but the word of God.

I don't think the Bible excludes that God may have used evolution and God creating man in his own image is not necessarily literal, right? Is there life, capable of believing in a God on other planets, that all necessarily look like us? Did God really take Adams's rib and make Eve? Did Jesus actually feed all those people with one loaf of bread? Do you believe the Noah ark story as its written or can we say there's some poetic license there.

Take Noah, it surely is not literal. Today, there are 8.7 million species on the planet, 6.5 on land, 2.2 in water [some say there's over a trillion]. There are species that live in fresh, brackish and salt water. If it rained for 40 days flooding the earth, there'd be no fresh water on the planet, killing all fresh water fish. And adding that much fresh water to existing brackish and salt water would kill every species that live in those waters. This means Noah had to collect a male and female of 8.7M species. That is one big ass ark and when did he find the time? Just think about how long it would take for Steve Irwin and his wife using travel we have today to catch and not die 2 [1 each M and F] African alligators, 2 Japanese sting rays, 2 Canadian gooses, 2 Antarctica Pelicans, 2 Australian kangaroos, 2 ground squirrels, 2 California condors, 2 Amazon parrots, 2 Russian panthers and 2 Kentucky brown recluse spiders. How did he get a bunch of whales, sharks and manatees on this boat? He had some big ass fish tanks! How'd 2 people feed all these animals? What if one of the pair of species was sterile or just didn't want to mate? Female Black widows kill the males; how'd he stop that kinda stuff? I see it now: a mosquito lands on Noah's arm, out of reflex he slaps it; damn it, no more mosquitoes.

If the story of Noah is figurative, written with great literary license, how can one assert what is and what is not literal in the Bible?
Cheesey
6 years ago
Man...Noah took two of each KIND of animal. Example: two DOGS. Two CATS, and so on. 7 of certain creatures.
All the kinds of dogs came from one pair of dogs.
(I can hear you now..."you mean to tell me all the dogs, wolves, dingos and so on came from one pair of dogs??? That's crazy talk!!!")
Yet you believe that all dogs, cats, all animals (even us) came from a ROCK "millions of years ago".
Millions of years is all it takes for you to believe (put your faith in) evolution.
Now THATS BLIND FAITH.
I believe / trust God. I take what HE says literally. As far as water, the rain came from the sky, and the waters of the deep (under the earth) came up out of the ground. And if evolution is true (million of years ) as you say, there would be NO fresh water. It would all be salt now.
You think an all powerful God can't control it so we have fresh water? And God "f-ing" up? He gave us free will to CHOOSE to follow or not follow him.
Mankind screwed it up by choosing to sin.
And yes, he took a rib from man and used it to create woman. He could have done it without using the rib, but He chose to make woman an actual part of man.
Really, that I believe that takes less faith then believing every living thing came from nothing a long long time ago.
People reproducing people, animal kinds reproducing after their own kind.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
6 years ago
The bible said all the animals died; but those on the ark.

So I see 3 choices:

(1) Noah either put millions of species on the ark if its literal; or
(2) the story is figurative; or
(3) Noah put a few hundred/thousand species on the ark and that few hundred/thousand species grew to 8.7M thru evolution.

How did Noah and his wife get millions of animals on the Ark scattered across 7 continents with the technology of the day?

BTW I saw the Ark, its in Kentucky, it's big, but not big enough 😂.
DoddPower
6 years ago

The bible said all the animals died; but those on the ark.

So I see 3 choices:

(1) Noah either put millions of species on the ark if its literal; or
(2) the story is figurative; or
(3) Noah put a few hundred/thousand species on the ark and that few hundred/thousand species grew to 8.7M thru evolution.

How did Noah and his wife get millions of animals on the Ark scattered across 7 continents with the technology of the day?

BTW I saw the Ark, its in Kentucky, it's big, but not big enough 😂.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

lol, much like most biblical fairy tales, it's a preposterous fable if taken literal.
Cheesey
6 years ago
Well...so I'm a fool for believing the Bible? So be it.
As I said before, Noah would NOT have had to take "millions of species" onto the ark. Just two of each KIND of animal. Species came from these animals. Plus, he didn't have to take ADULTS, did he?

Darwin looked at the finches in the Galapogos (SP?) Islands. There were 13 different species of finches. They could "evolve" with the different weather/food conditions. Thicker beaks when the shells of the food they ate were thicker, and so on. He saw this as some HUGE proof of evolution. It was in fact; adaptation that was already in their DNA. NOTHING was added. It was already there.
Plus, now a couple hundred years later, how many species of finches are there in the Islands? 13!
Wow ......evolution is something, hey?
By the way, the birds didn't grow gills to and fins to swim to better places, did they? They can't, because it's not in their DNA.
It still amazes me how people can "pooh pooh" the Bible, and believe the fairy tale of evolution. One KIND of animal becoming something completely different. No evolution adds ANYTHING in the DNA.
You can only take away in DNA, not ADD anything. That is science FACT.
Preposterous fable is the theory of evolution.
So you can belittle me for my beliefs. In the end, we all will end up knowing who is right.
I hope that you will figure it out before that time comes.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Well...so I'm a fool for believing the Bible? So be it.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Absolutely NOT true. People can disagree with what you believe, they cannot tell you that you're a fool for what YOU believe. Period.

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
If God would have wanted each and every one of us to have all the answers and know everything, he would have made us that way. But then if we all knew everything, what would their really be to live for? The single greatest thing God gave us besides life, is the ability to think. Without that gift there would be no science. No theory of evolution. No Bible.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
6 years ago

lol, much like most biblical fairy tales, it's a preposterous fable if taken literal.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

“lol” Really?

Most religions have “unbelievable stories;” why is your religion superior? Or are you an agnostic? Faith is the backbone of Christianity; but boy I think it takes a whole helluvalot more faith to believe there is no God.

The thing I detest is duplicity and hypocrisy. I feel very comfortable calling the “Christian” that uses his Bible, for example, to justify his KKK antics an idiot and an asshole.

The Bible speaks of a God that is omnipotent and uses that omnipotence to contravene natural physical laws. So why not for Noah?

Ever see a miracle or know one who did? Do you think everything can be explained using natural laws or natural laws we just haven’t figured out yet?

I’d suggest you find life more fulfilling if you open your mind to the idea that you don’t know everything.

But Remember: people considered it a miracle or lol’d at the idea of space travel just 100 years ago. But, 1917 thinkers said, “damn, in 14 years the Wright Brothers mounted a lawnmower engine with a propeller to a wing; and now these planes are zipping around the sky shooting at each other. I wonder what advancement can be made in 14-28-42 and 56 years ahead.”

Maybe one day we’ll learn how Stonehenge or the Sacsayhuamán Citadel was built and the answer to how Noah did it will be revealed or become more plausible.

And the Bible should never be discounted. We read the story how Lot’s wife was turned into a pillar of salt when she looked back at the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrahas. Sounds silly, right? Well, in the spot where she turned around there exists a salt deposit that cannot be readily explained by our natural laws. So maybe not so silly, huh?
Smokey
6 years ago
Some of you just can't refrain from politics or religion .

I wish you would knock it off, please .

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Barfarn, you surprised me. Thank you!

Anyway.....it was noted that "millions of animals died" with Noah's flood, and how crazy that thought is.
Think about this: What would you expect to find all over the world if a earth wide flood happened?
How about millions upon millions of dead things, buried in sediment layers! That is exactly what we see! It's called the "fossil layers!"
Explain how all these things over the entire earth would end up as fossils? Today if something dies, scavengers would eat the remains, decomposition would take a toll, and within a matter of a few weeks, all of the animal would be gone. I have seen this myself when I found a dead deer in a wildlife area a couple years ago. I think it may have been hit by a car, and ran off into the woods to die. I checked back on it every week or so. By the end of a month, there was NOTHING left. You would never have known that a dead deer had ever been laying there. No hair, no bones, NOTHING.
So how did all these creatures end up as fossils??? There were no scavengers to eat them, and they were buried quickly enough that they fossilized.
These layers didn't take "millions of years", it was within one year.
Look at Mount St. Helens. The eruption was like the flood, but on a very small scale. It tore out a miniature Grand Canyon, buried trees standing upright in the surrounding lake, where they are buried through many different layers of sediment (just like we see in the Grand Canyon, where upright trees are seen going through different layers that are supposedly "millions of years" apart.

Trees don't stand up that long, do they?

If people don't choose to believe the Bible, they have free will to do so. I choose to believe. So far, I think I still have that "right".
Smokey, you may not appreciate the religion statements here, but I am not ashamed to share my beliefs. If even ONE person here reads something I write that make them rethink their views, it will be worth the "hassle" I might get.
The only way you can learn is to be willing to listen to both sides of an argument. If all you ever hear is one side, how do you know if your beliefs are correct?
If all you watch is TV, you'd hear how evolution is "fact", not what it really is, which is a theory.
I can't "prove" God to you, but I can show you how to look around, see what there is, and you might conclude that God does exist.
If I am wrong, I will have lost NOTHING. If I am right, those that choose not to believe may have a lot to lose. That's why I write what I do.
If you believed that someone was going to die unless you said something, would YOU remain quiet? Or would you take that chance and speak?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (9h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.