nerdmann
6 years ago

134.3 qb rating ...3 turnovers...near equal time of possession . How the Hell did we lose this game?
Hundley looked night and day better than last week but still struggles with a rush. He stepped up nicely in the pocket for 2.5 quarters but when we needed him most the demons would show up again. The lack of any kind of pass rush haunted us tonight...big Ben had all day and made us pay one too many times.

Originally Posted by: gotarace 

Defense wasn't getting to Ben consistently, but they got us THREE freakin turnovers.

Anyway, lots of QBs struggle under pressure, that's why they call it PRESSURE. I think he's coming along. These next few games are WINNABLE. Just like this one, and the one last week.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
gotarace
6 years ago

Defense wasn't getting to Ben consistently, but they got us THREE freakin turnovers.

Anyway, lots of QBs struggle under pressure, that's why they call it PRESSURE. I think he's coming along. These next few games are WINNABLE. Just like this one, and the one last week.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

134.3 qb rating ...3 turnovers...near equal time of possession . How the Hell did we lose this game?
Hundley looked night and day better than last week but still struggles with a rush. He stepped up nicely in the pocket for 2.5 quarters but when we needed him most the demons would show up again. The lack of any kind of pass rush haunted us tonight...big Ben had all day and made us pay one too many times.

Do you read posts or just rant?
BTW Big Ben's 103.4 passer rating looked way better than Hundley's 134.3 on the field.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
nerdmann
6 years ago

Do you read posts or just rant?
BTW Big Ben's 103.4 passer rating looked way better than Hundley's 134.3 on the field.

It was what, his fifth start? On the road, a 14 point dog?

I would say Hundley exceeded expectations.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Margin for error with Hundley was ZERO tonight. 57 yard FG attempt, a HUGE gaffe, that wasn't able to be afforded.

Offense in closing seconds was offensive. You have to know the Steelers are going to move it right back on you...you just have to move it, there. Have to.

We got a huge gift on the Cobb TD with the blown coverage. Williams ran his arse off. Mike McCarthy was good on setting up the Davante TD, but you need to CONSTANTLY be coming up with those kinds of things not just once in a blue moon. Where was some play creativity on the back to back 3 and outs that took less than a minute off the clock or during the final fateful "drive"? It's just not there.

No designed runs for Hundley? I sure would've like to see some of those especially there at the end when we needed a first down to get it to OT.

Played safe at end of 1st half...cost potential points. Played safe end of game...gave up game winning points. LOSER mentality. Always good but not good enough.

I expected a 50-10 type game so I was overly impressed by this one. I thought maybe it would be better than the Washington MNF game from the 80's, but it turned into the game at New England with Flynn. Sucks.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

bboystyle
6 years ago

It was what, his fifth start? On the road, a 14 point dog?

I would say Hundley exceeded expectations.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

i would say u need to watch more football outside of GB.

Steelers are notorious for down playing to their opponent and making no named back up QB's look like prime Montana's. Granted, Hundley didnt look as great as other crap QB's who play the steelers normally would but they did enough to give packer fans hope when there really isnt any.

reality will hit again next week as a struggling TB team gets back on track and we continue to look like the Browns without Rodgers.

Tune it next week folks!
Barfarn
6 years ago

Margin for error with Hundley was ZERO tonight. 57 yard FG attempt, a HUGE gaffe, that wasn't able to be afforded.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If the Steelers can make a 53 yarder, why can’t Crosby make a 57? And surely Crosby made his 57 yarders in practice or Mike wouldn’t have kicked it. The other options are to go for it on 4th and 18 or punt. You’re at the 39, a punt gets you maybe 19, probably 25-30 yards of field position. At that time I believe Pitt only punted once. If we punted, you don’t think Pitt will be at midfield in 3-4-5 plays? The 3 points was huge; the field position didn’t matter; it was the right call.

Speaking of field position, given the decimated D, Burnett couldn’t run, King, House, Daniels and Randall banged up; if I’m coach, I do at least 3 onside kicks. This assures the D wont be on the field that long if you don’t recover the onside. Then you can focus on stopping Pitts when the field is its shortest.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Heinz Field record is 53 yards. It's cold.

How many 57 yarders has Mason made in the cold?

Steelers get ball at 47 vs. a punt that can be anywhere from the 20-1. What is undeniable is the momentum shift after the miss. If they'd have gone 90, would it have been worse? I don't think so. That was a swing play. -3 to +7. We punt it's not thought of as a swing. 0/punt vs. whatever they get. Steelers on a short field? Odds not good. Look at closing seconds for evidence of that.

I love aggression...but a 57 yarder in the cold at Heinz not on last play of half or game is foolish in those conditions. I think any HC would tell you that. That's not even mentioning letting the clock run out in 1st half. Totally inconsistent mindset.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

I love aggression...but a 57 yarder in the cold at Heinz not on last play of half or game is foolish in those conditions. I think any HC would tell you that. That's not even mentioning letting the clock run out in 1st half. Totally inconsistent mindset.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

So your saying that MM, like you, has inconsistent mindset?
Complain about them, not being aggressive, then it's too aggressive, then it's not aggressive enough.
Pretty ironic that you're doing the same thing that you're complaining about Mike McCarthy doing.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

So your saying that MM, like you, has inconsistent mindset?
Complain about them, not being aggressive, then it's too aggressive, then it's not aggressive enough.
Pretty ironic that you're doing the same thing that you're complaining about Mike McCarthy doing.

Originally Posted by: beast 

? I love aggression. If you're going to do it...do it. Don't play safe at end of half and then attempt a 57 yarder in the 3rd. I believe in intelligence as much or more than aggression. I had no issue with running the clock.out before half, but it's inconsistent to try that FG after playing safe before half.

UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I haven't changed my opinion on Brett Hundley. Most of his throws were behind the line of scrimmage, or at least half of them. He under throws open WR repeatedly. I will acknowledge he made quicker decisions yesterday and stepped INTO the pocket more often than running backwards. He did improve by statistics, but I'm not any more confident today than I was a week ago.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (17m) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (1h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (6h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (6h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (13h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (13h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (14h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (17h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.